Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #1201
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Default Re: Trickster: The game

I think Cam's final words are what really angers me. You do many hypocritical things, and one of them is refusing to find any flaws in the game you like. It's not Trickster is a terrible game (I think it stands for a ton of improvement (better interface with keyboard controls, more clear refining and upgrading directions, a world map maybe?) and as a beta I don't expect it all at once, but eventually...), it's just that I don't like it. You can't seem to argue for liking or not liking something, you always try and say the game itself is bad, not just your opinion of it. Also, you're basing your entire argument on really shakey things. You're basically saying Maplestory is worse than Trickster because:

1) MS is repetitive. Any MMO with a high level limit (as in, hard to get to) is going to be repetitive. Both Trickster and Maplestory have high level limits (MS in that you need SO MUCH exp and Trickster in that it's a fairly large number).
2) Trickster has more variety or something? Seriously I dunno what you're trying to argue with the number of classes point, especially since you seem to totally disregard the coolness of MS's 4th job while talking about Trickster's, WHICH YOU DON'T HAVE.
3) The TM/exp system is better in Trickster? Like Cam said, complexity doesn't make it better. You just prefer Trickster's retarded way of things, while we think it's retarded. This is a matter of opinion and isn't a basis for saying one game is worse.
4) It's easier to get stuff (items and levels) in Trickster. The way I see it, it's hard to balance this. Either the game has easy leveling and being high leveled becomes no big deal (which, IMO, kills the sense of accomplishment) or the game has hard leveling and makes each level a HUGE FREAKING DEAL that gives you a big feeling of accomplishment. This is no basis to argue on which game is better, as it's just personal opinion on which is more important (feeling of accomplishment vs yay I leveled really fast).

Honestly, I like some things about Trickster. The party system is good. The sheer number of quests is good (though the quality of the quests is terrible). Little things like the chatrooms and party advertising and such are nice. Personal shops being free is great. Defense actually mattering is nice. However, some things about Trickster COMPLETELY BLOW. The skill-getting system is totally gay. The targetting and attacking **** I said before is very annoying. Drilling is, IMO, completely retarded. The lack of attacking pets was somewhat disappointing (it's one thing I love about Guild Wars). The HORRIBLE BALANCE BETWEEN CLASSES (at least in the very beginning) annoyed the **** out of me, cuz I really wanted to be a gunner but they take forever to get decent. The TM exp vs level exp was confusing (at first) and stupid, IMO. The anti-KSing system was pretty flawed, since any ranged character (esp gunners from what I've seen) can KS anybody else and get the loot. Some stats not going up unless their level was a multiple of 4-5 ANNOYED THE **** OUT OF ME. Experience and geldar getting messages being in the main chat box is gay. Having yourself in party chat making all chat messages disappear completely is horrible. The fact that some monsters looked EXACTLY THE SAME but were ~10 levels different is stupid (and then others would be like 50 levels different and look barely different).

But most of all, the thing that I don't like about Trickster is that it lacks action. The other things just pushed it over the edge of being unbearable. I stuck with Guild Wars for quite a while even though it lacks the action of MS, but I just couldn't stand Trickster for so many reasons. =\

Also, as for the GMs hating us thing. You're taking the word of some random guy who wandered into the MS thread saying that people were banned for no reason. I hadn't heard of this before, and as with the bannings for stolen cash thing, lots of people think they're banned unfairly when really, THEY DESERVED IT ALL ALONG. Seriously, be sure of your sources and believe more than just the things you want to believe. I mean, what if I went in the Wii thread and was like "GUYS I HEARD THEY ARE RAISING THE PRICE OF PS3 TO 800 DOLLARS FOR EUROPE LOL SONY IS DUMB"? Would you believe me and use me as support for your argument for the Wii? I think you might, but I certainly hope not.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:54 PM   #1202
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

I really hoped I could shorten or kill off this discussion. Quote posts aren't helping =/

I suppose I'll reply in order...

1) There is a difference and you're not seeing it because you just didn't get far enough into the game. In Maple, all I could do to level was train, train, train, train, train on the same enemy for dozens of levels. Quests SUCKED. 50,000 exp when you need 5 million to level. Wowee, thanks for that. In Trickster, quests are meaningful. Rarely do I actually train, and rarely have I ever. There have only been two times I spent a ton of levels actually just whacking away at enemies for EXP. Both were right before patches that unveiled new quests for me to do.

Let's see here. I need about 7,000,000 exp to level at 113. I have no idea what each monster's EXP is, but I do know that I get about 0.15% each time I kill one. It's not very fast, even with 2.5x exp. That's like 6 or 7 thousand each kill without a bonus. Now, if I do a Monster Quest at my level range, I get 750,000 exp. It takes roughly 10 minutes to kill 35 of the enemy I have to kill, and I get the EXP from those 35 kills of course, so I get about 900,000 exp. That's about 12%, right? Yeah. Oh, and guess what, I can do this quest 25 times. 25*750,000 is 18.5 MILLION exp. Three levels? Not bad at all. This, again, does not factor in the EXP I get from killing 35 of the critters.

This isn't training. This isn't grinding. It's just killing 35 monsters and getting about 8% for it.

2) To me, Maple would be an excellent game if it had the parameters I set for it, if it had a private server or an offline mode, or I was able to just play every class each time through without taking months to get just one to 120. Just the fact that I can only limit myself to one account if I want to be a high level hurts, because I see the other classes and go "WOW I wanna try that!", but then I know it took them the same time, or longer, to get as high as I did. And I really don't want to go through that all over again.

Remember though, my Maple experience totally differed from yours. I started Scania with 2x experience as one of the top levelers, even though I started playing late into the leveling spree. My version of the game was extremely limited. We had practically nothing going for us. We didn't have weapons, armor, leveling places, ANYTHING worthwhile. Man, I was level 80 before the level 70 equipment was released! Nowadays it is NOT hard at all to snag an Evil Wings and just train faster and faster in nice maps on an uncrowded server. But for me with my Arc Staff at level 80+ with crappy equips and nothing in the future, I was extremely limited. Also, I came into third jobs being way ahead. I had 28 HS right off the bat, naming the exact circumstance you said you would be tired of if it were you.

3) You need to link me to this post, because even after looking for proof, I can't find any.

4) This is one thing I agree with you on. I've said many many times, the Gameplay of MapleStory was excellent. I loved being a jMS Assassin just flying around chucking stars. That was most excellent.

But when you're doing that for thirty hours in a row and barely gaining anything, it starts to wear down. And this is the first time I seriously consider everything that is bad to overshadow the gameplay.

5) I think it's fun that I can actually kill things. Unlike Maple. 13 Heals and those freakin' ghosts were still alive. Crap.

6) Ok, here now, you're totally wrong. The refiners and compounders not only say they are refining or compounding in their text bubbles, but they're also physically DOING IT. No, the game does not tell you where they are. Sheesh. What the crap does the 100% scroll NPC in Maple say?

"ITS SO EASY LOL WHOOPS I BLEW UP"

And... how is that "I sell scrolls! Buy them here!"

You're going to argue "Well, he's holding a scroll." Well, the refiner is REFINING A SWORD.

And OH GOD the PLACEMENT of those 100% scroll NPCs! Does MapleStory tell you where they are?! NO! They're in TOTALLY RANDOM PLACES. They aren't in towns!

The refining NPC gives you directions to the mines. Come on now.

Also, the level 100 monsters drop 1-200 galder. I think it's lame that the minimum doesn't increase, but you just got the middle of the range. You can most definitely get 200 galder from a level 100 monster.

Which is a good thing, because potions in this game cost less, so the fact that we get less money is totally irrelevant. It's not like the prices are Maple prices. I can make potions for 60 galder each for 400mp. You know how much that is in Meso, right? 800. 1mp = 2meso. 1hp = 1meso. I hope you know this, because it's totally not the case in Trickster.

7) I have never once gotten a full set of 7 Staff Scrolls from every single quest in MapleStory. So, I still can't scroll a single staff! Shucks.

Oh, so there are no good quest items. I see. Dang, I thought I could just get everything I wanted from NPCs.

The Premium Pocket Pouch is a quest item. Not only is it a quest item, it's the best all-class carrying pouch in the game.

The Tainted Amulet is a quest item. Not only is it a quest item, it's the best +LK and DP adder for all classes in the game.

The Fairy Angel Red / Blue is a quest item. Not only is it a quest item, it's the best pet in the game until way past level 150.

The list goes on for so long I can't even continue trying. Maybe the quests you did were terrible, but then again, I knew where to look online to find out what quests were actually worth it before starting to do some.

Oh, also, TM quests at this range are giving me in the order of one million TM. Kthx.

8) I wrote this before the Windia event. A LOT of the high-levelers in Scania have been banned for various reasons, even if they weren't botting or hacking.

9) You show me in the official rules on MapleGlobal where it says "if you see a botter, you are not allowed to pick up their items or kill their monsters."

10) I wish I knew why, since most of the people I know on Trickster were banned Maple friends who kicked the bucket from NX trading. I've broken about 5 Maple rules so far. They ban people who don't even break any. Really nice.

11) I don't wish to respond to this.

12) Gah. You assume I actually have the ability to pour hundreds of dollars into this free game. I regret putting in $10 and I feel sorry for the guy who got 5 million mesos from me for 30kNX

13) It remains to be seen how crappy our TM levels really are compared to what they should be, but honestly, I rarely went out of my way to raise my TM. I did the TM quests that were actually worth it and that was only after level 60 when I realized that my TM was slipping. I am now at 73 TM and level 113. I'm WAY ahead of most people. So, even if I screw up, it's still Ok.

14) You're right here in the sense that I'm not as dedicated to Trickster as I was to Maple. Even so, there are maybe 50-100 people higher than I am out of thousands of players. 100+ is still an accomplishment.

15) Again, see my argument about the additional annoyances I had to put up with as a Cleric in the first stages of this game.

16) Ok, I got carried away in the Maple thread. I won't propogate there anymore.

Can we please stop this? My fingers hurt.

Edit: Blargh. Time to reply to EB. =/

Ok. Sorry. I'll throw in the word "opinion".

Not in this first case though. The primary reason I quit Maple was purely because of how insane it was to do anything I wanted to do. As a Cleric, my level of soloability is the lowest of every class in the game. Therefore, I COULD theoretically solo monsters that drop my items, but it would be such an incredibly low rate of killing that I would not benefit in EXP or in terms of getting my item in a reasonable amount of time.

Next, let's say I actually do get people to help me get items I want. Which I did. In my entire Maple lifetime, I spent roughly 30 hours with various parties at Yeti and Pepe trying to get a Thorns. I got one, and it was the worst possible, so I sold it off. I tried Werewolves with parties for a good 20 hours with no luck. Finally, I was able to get a new staff at level 82: My Dark Ritual. And thankfully, I +6'd an average statted DR. I was pretty happy about that.

Hunting totally sucks in Maple. Totally. It's the worst thing I've ever had to do. Let's put this in the case of the average monster. We all know that the average monster drops roughly 10-15 items. The lower-leveled item has a higher chance of dropping, while the "rarer" stuff isn't that easy.

So, combine all of the factors at play here. We have hard monsters for me to kill (I could not solo Yeti & Pepes, nor could I solo Werewolves), requiring me to enlist the help of my friends who don't really want to help because they want to train. We have monsters who drop a huge variety of things and don't yield amazing EXP for how hard they are. So, after grinding away for hours against these hard enemies pretty much solely holding down spacebar, we get a drop. Aaaaaaaaaaaand...

It's a level 15 glove.

Ok, now first of all, WHY is a level 80+ monster dropping level 15 items. Please explain this to me. The only reason I can think of is solely "TO PISS YOU OFF."

Second, why is it that the monster has to drop SO MANY items? This just makes it all the more difficult to get the one you want!

Now, we go to Trickster.

Right away, I need to re-iterate how hard it is for me to get my items, and how hard it is for Eyo to get his.

My level 110 sharp sword came from a level 154 enemy. The enemy is a power type meaning he has a huge attack power. This enemy in particular also has very high defense and HP. It took me a good 8 or 9 POWER attacks to kill one, and he would hit me for way more than I would hit him. I burned through my special potions in minutes.

Now, put a mage in there. My Maple friend decided to help me out. He and I went and I was totally pissed off when he attacked the first one.

He 1HKOd it.

Now, our initial run didn't yield a single equipment drop. In fact, all we got from him was a card and one monster drop. This guy was mean. As it turns out, another mage friend happened to be there for another reason and got one for me. I thanked him and +2d it, then moved on with my life.

Now it seems mages dominate, but we haven't seen mage drops yet.

Eyo's level 100 Chance staff came from Straw Dolls. I looked up their strengths and weaknesses and easiest location and set out. Upon getting there, I realize one thing.

These suckers are fast and incredibly mobby. The population density in their room was HUGE, and at any given time, I would have five enemies attacking me all at once.

A mage CANNOT survive here. I, on the other hand, simply turned on Sturdy Shield and let them hit me for 0 damage while I took them all on.

Stone Staff. Stone Staff. Cowboy Hat. Stone Staff. Cowboy Hat. Cowboy Hat. Stone Staff. Chance Stone Staff. YES! 20 minutes of looking and I'm outta there.

(I should mention at this point that my thumb really really hurts from typing all of a sudden. Wow)

Now, I totally agree with you that the gameplay of Trickster is totally lacking. But, as I said before, I totally think the Gameplay of maple is outweighed by the horrors of leveling.

Also, I see your point on the Windia matter as I have yet to see a Sleepywood thread about it. It's a little late to edit my post.

Last edited by Squeek; 10-11-2006 at 10:11 PM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:24 PM   #1203
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

I know I said that was all I was going to say and all but this is getting a bit ridiculous. First, your main excuse as to why I "don't enjoy the game as much as you do or see it as you do" is because I got bored. Why? For all the reasons discussed. You, yourself, said that the game was boring and you watch anime on the side. Now, why should I try to get to level 100 (or even 50 for that matter) if the game is boring. The game doesn't offer anything to me right now. Oh? New skill? I have to wait until TM level 50 to get that arrow rush thing, because that is the only thing semi-important as a mage. Being that I have to raise my TM level like 20 times, it isn't going to happen. Like I said, quests are a waste of time in that game at the beginning, where I am now. Sure, they might be better later on but that doesn't do anything for my experience in it right now. I'm somewhat disappointed in you Squeek just because of how unaccepting you are of our (noah and mine) views. Yes, both maple and trickster have its flaws, but just because you play trickster constantly, you feel as though you have to prove both of us wrong in any way possible. Yes, I understand you were a priest in maple and a cleric in beta. My question is... If it was so boring in beta, why would you pick to be a cleric again? You complain and complain about it, but why didn't you do something about it? I'm sure if they finish beta and add in a whole bunch of new stuff, I might consider playing trickster again, just as a different class, but that is a different story. You are basing all of your arguments on non-concrete details that have no value at all. Oh they are banning people in Windia? Oh I KNOW 4th JOB SKILLS AND YOU DON'T. I DO QUESTS AND GET 8% FOR 35 MONSTERS AND GET A WHOLE 2 DAMAGE STRONGER WHEN I LEVEL ^_^. THE CRAFT GUY IS HOLDING A SWORD WHILE MAPLE IS HOLDING A SCROLL. Come on man. I was merely stating my opinions about the game and only now am I getting a bit defensive because you are attacking me it seems. I am perfectly fine with you not liking maplestory, just don't criticize it and try to make Trickster look like such a perfect game. Trickster is not better then Maplestory in every single way and it is not fun for me at all. I'll admit, maple is boring when you grind but you DON'T HAVE TO GRIND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO. Just like in trickster, except I can't jump around and just sit and chat with friends like you can in maple. At least not as easily. I guess it is just the way we each play games is vastly different. Think about it... My ranger, I started him in August of last year and he is only 83 now. Your priest was 90 like 5 months ago. You grind, I don't (well, except for 65-70 where I grinded for 4 days). It is all on how you enjoy the game I guess. Again, I don't want to argue anymore. You have your opinions, I have mine, Eyo has his, Noah has his, and they all conflict so just leave it at that ok? I'll stay out of this thread and you just stay out of the maple thread.
O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
ckj846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:35 PM   #1204
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I never said the game was so boring that I had to watch anime on the side. I put One Piece on the side to give myself something to listen to other than my music.

I currently am not as interested in it as I once was. That much should be obvious by the number of levelups between last week and today, which is one.

I only want to justify my reasons for no longer playing Maple because you all seem to think I'm just taking a long break away from Maple. Your recent post, whether it was a joke or not, proved that. "I knew you couldn't stay away. Re-add me to your buddy list."

There probably will never be an MMORPG that satisfies what I want in a game. Even getting the kMS Test Server is just so I can have closure on MapleStory and finally be able to get rid of it.

Honestly, there is no other option in Maple. You know there isn't. I know for a fact that most people do what I do and look for what the most efficient way to level up is, then do that. On multiple occasions I could be seen in my classes calculating EXP per hour for various monsters or using various different ways of killing.

I never said I didn't like Maple, so there's no reason for me to leave the Maple thread. It's an awesome game. It's just way too tedious. Trickster is not nearly as interesting and has many flaws of its own, but I accredit most of those to the fact that it's still just a Beta test and only recently hit its one-year anniversary in Japan. It hasn't had the four years Maple has had.

And I'll be perfectly honest right now. My entire life is devoted to finding things that waste a lot of time, but I still have to think it's an effective waste of time. When I got Oblivion, I was away from Maple for a solid month until I finished that up. Any other PC game I get will do the same thing. Once I get a Wii, you won't even see me playing any MMORPGs.

It's not that I favor Trickster, it's just that it happened to be popular among my friends and myself at just the right time. Right when I was so bored, I would sit on the forums refreshing every minute looking for new posts to make replies on.

Last edited by Squeek; 10-11-2006 at 10:37 PM..
Old 10-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #1205
Tonberry_Kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tonberry_Kid Send a message via MSN to Tonberry_Kid

Wow.

Can we just make a Maple Story -vs- Trickster Online thread and debate the pros and cons of each of them and bash the **** out of each other.

I hate having to scroll through all this just to see if someone posted something about this game.
My method of making love is quite different than you might expect. I prefer to find a girl taking a nap at the local preschool, and then make love to them as they scream in my large, sound-proofed, white van. I then make love on their face, and throw them in an ice-chest of bleach. For pillow talk, I usually say, "Your parents can't hear you," and keep their teddy bear as a momento. You could call me a hopeless romantic, I guess.
Tonberry_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #1206
Ichigo_K
FFR Player

If you didn't notice all their posts are about the pros and cons of each game, it's still about one of the games at least :P
Ichigo_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:51 PM   #1207
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Eyoshi Send a message via Skype™ to Eyoshi

Mm...Looks like my storage is a little full, so I'll have to clear out some of my stuff.

Gotta get rid of this Liquor Bottle and Fragrant Grass and some fruits. Ichigo, you might as well take the Mangoes I got. Gather at least 7 sets so you can get an Ice Drill.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #1208
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
3) You need to link me to this post, because even after looking for proof, I can't find any.
I'm guessing you mean the 4th job stuff? Here, 十DREAM十 keeps it updated as they add stuff. Last update was today, it seems. o__O Also, there was very recently posted a video in the MS thread that you should probably see. Check it out. Oh, this one too. One of them at least is linked to by 十DREAM十 in that post.

Quote:
9) You show me in the official rules on MapleGlobal where it says "if you see a botter, you are not allowed to pick up their items or kill their monsters."
Nobody has a problem with you picking up stuff from a botter or killing vacced monsters if the vaccer isn't there. The problem with doing it when the vaccer is there is that people can't tell who is activating the vac and who is just a normal guy trying to get quick exp. Either way, you're still benefiting VERY directly from the vac. Let's say a GM comes up and see two people attacking vacced monsters. They would have to assume that either one could be activating the vac and they'd just ban both people.

Quote:
10) I wish I knew why, since most of the people I know on Trickster were banned Maple friends who kicked the bucket from NX trading. I've broken about 5 Maple rules so far. They ban people who don't even break any. Really nice.
There was plenty of explaination already, but basically, people were using their parents' credit cards (and other people's that I guess they just stole them) to charge NX Cash. Their parents (or whoever) were reporting their cards stolen because of this. When a credit card gets stolen and reported, the amount that was purchased with the card since the theft is nullified and whoever accepted the credit card has to make up for the charge. There are also fees for the trouble. All the fees and money has to be paid by the person who accepted the credit card (cuz they should've known better and gotten ID or something, even though such a thing doesn't work so well online). So what Wizet did was ban anybody who had NX that got revoked due to stolen cards. Lots of meso-rich people without credit cards had purchased NX cash from lots of people, and some of this NX cash was obtained through said illegal means. Wizet doesn't seem to really have a problem with trading cash, but it cost them a bunch of money cuz of fees (and there might be some processing fees involved in getting NX cash to players, which means they lost that because the NX cash was basically uncharged) so they disabled it and banned a bunch of people. LOTS of people thought they were banned for little-no reason because they personally hadn't stolen the money. However, unless you were buying money from a friend who you KNEW FOR SURE didn't steal stuff, there was little guarantee as far as getting banned went.

Lots of people felt deceived, because there was that self-reporting thing on the site. It said that the ban would be temporary unless (and lots of people missed the unless) their buying/selling of NX had already cost Wizet in fees and penalties. Thus, some people reported themselves and expected a temp ban but got a permanent ban because the NX they bought had been stolen. Wizet gave fair warning and the people would've been banned anyway, people just didn't (and still don't, I think) understand what was really going on.

Quote:
WHY is a level 80+ monster dropping level 15 items.
First of all, LOL YOU FORGOT THE QUESTION MARK LOLOLOLO. Secondly, since they changed the drops to match KMS (more or less), I don't think this is (as much of) a problem.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #1209
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster Online
No Wipe Policy

There will not be any server wipes from beta testing period to full service period.
Thank you.

Trickster Online Team
The eTO team gets the win.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:35 PM   #1210
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

oshi-

Main page news too. Wow, that's awesome. Kinda makes me regret making "oh lol it's not the main version anyway" decisions.

Well, looks like I'll have Skunk Pouch forever. It's not a BAD skill... Just that I can't use it during regular training.

I'm still on LongCat. Once I care enough to put in some time, I should be able to get her up 9 levels in about four or five hours. That puts her at 61, then I can do the TM quests for her.

After that I might play my Raccoon again. I still want the job advance. which should be out on Tuesday.

Edit: Whee two days later. 114 and I think I found a worthwhile place to play for a while. We shall see with the patch that comes out tomorrow night (hopefully).

Edit: HI FROM THE FUTURE. Patch is out. Gonna go get my 120 sword if Eyo doesn't first. Monster quest there, so I might as well.

Last edited by Squeek; 10-17-2006 at 01:44 PM..
Old 10-17-2006, 04:40 PM   #1211
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Bump for patch.

Got the sword for Squeek a few hours ago.

The first map of Vampire Castle is brutal. It's extremely annoying when one of the monsters can do nearly 500 normal damage to you WITH a wide aggro and attack range.

Sun Stones are the things to get in this map, as there's a quest that gives equips. Make sure to have that Garden Key, too.

EDIT: Turns out the equips suck. However, I might as well do it for some EXP. :/

Last edited by Eyoshi; 10-17-2006 at 05:06 PM..
Eyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:24 PM   #1212
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Blargh. How do you get these things so easily ><

Well, thanks. Next time we're both online I'll make sure to +2 it. This only leaves getting the Sharp Blade (I think it's one of those Techichi monsters in the first map) and the ores for those 131+ swords.

I still have to go to the castle for the monster quest, so I can still get another in case I break one. Decided not to go when I got home from my class because I was afraid of dying and decided to level up so as to remove that from the equation. Then I ended up leveling to 115 and 50%. 75% in an hour >_>

So yeah, I've found a good enough leveling place to last me a bunch of levels, and with this TM quest I can get Skunk Pouch to level 10 with all of my saved TM for Stretch.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:21 PM   #1213
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Blargh. How do you get these things so easily ><

Well, thanks. Next time we're both online I'll make sure to +2 it. This only leaves getting the Sharp Blade (I think it's one of those Techichi monsters in the first map) and the ores for those 131+ swords.

I still have to go to the castle for the monster quest, so I can still get another in case I break one. Decided not to go when I got home from my class because I was afraid of dying and decided to level up so as to remove that from the equation. Then I ended up leveling to 115 and 50%. 75% in an hour >_>

So yeah, I've found a good enough leveling place to last me a bunch of levels, and with this TM quest I can get Skunk Pouch to level 10 with all of my saved TM for Stretch.
Tenchichi monsters drop Blades in the first field? Impossible, as I got that Bastard from the field 1 area.

The monster quest there gives 1590000 TMXP for the lowest monster. A pretty good quest, even though it's horribly frustrating when the maids decide to Power-Blow or crit me whenever my HP isn't enough to withstand the attacks. >=(
Old 10-17-2006, 07:05 PM   #1214
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyoshi View Post
Tenchichi monsters drop Blades in the first field? Impossible, as I got that
Kilimanjaros drop the 140 Sharp sword, Rakis drop the 150 Sharp sword.

>=)

ps I'm on and I hope you are too.

pps - thanks for the sword. +2d.

A friend and I were digging in the castle and got pissed at all the level 220+ monsters hurting us so we started killing them.

We ended up with a Bone Magician card. It's a #2 card with like 1160 magic attack (whatever that means). It's better than Alicia. That's all I heard.

Gonna sell it for a million =p

Haha, he put it in his shop for 1.2 million and it sold almost in SECONDS.

Gonna go get more tomorrow =p

Last edited by Squeek; 10-17-2006 at 10:22 PM..
Old 10-24-2006, 12:02 AM   #1215
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yay bump.

Decided to play a bit today. Went from 118 to 120. Whoo =)

Eyo, did you end up keeping that other Sharp Scimitar? I want to +3 the one I have but I want to make sure it's safe to do so.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:59 PM   #1216
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Still waiting for that second job. =(

It's kind of sad to see this thread dead. When the game was first brought up, it was pretty lively...

So, no guild, right? Just making sure.

There might be another update next week. Halloween. Hoping for 2nd job. Vampire Castle is a nightmare without 2nd job skills.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:05 PM   #1217
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yeah, I know =/

The entire game is hard without 2nd job skills. I can see how much it sucks for you though, without your elemental advantages and your stronger skills.

I only get things to make me take less damage =x

Anyway, 120 rocks. Friend lent me his Sharp Scimitar that he +4'd. He has a 100+ fox, 100+ mage, and was about to get a raccoon up to 90-something, but then he got a job and decided it was best not to play as much of Trickster.

+3'd the Falchion and as soon as I can verify the ease of getting another, I'll go ahead and try for a +4. It's only slightly better odds than heads or tails =/

Once I hit 121 I'll take off like whoa. 121 means another drop in DX, and I get to do a whole slew of new monster quests. Whoooo.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:30 PM   #1218
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

New Japanese TO Halloween event:
http://www.trickster.jp/trickster/ev...ent061024.html
http://www.tricksterwiki.info/wiki/i...A3%B6#j99a2cad
The stats on these new accessories are insane.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:53 PM   #1219
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

That settles it.

I am not getting to 121 until one of these events comes out.

Good thing I just made a mage to spend some time on =)

Oh man. 112AP? Compoundable for more?! TWICE?!

Looks like I got something to sub out my PPP with. Finally. The WORST it can be is 112 + 54 + 54, which is insane at 220. Compounders these days average 60% of the range, so I'd say 300+ AP.

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING HAHA.

I mean, look at your ring! 7MA, 2 more slots for more! HAHAHA
Old 10-25-2006, 02:12 PM   #1220
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
That settles it.

I am not getting to 121 until one of these events comes out.

Good thing I just made a mage to spend some time on =)

Oh man. 112AP? Compoundable for more?! TWICE?!

Looks like I got something to sub out my PPP with. Finally. The WORST it can be is 112 + 54 + 54, which is insane at 220. Compounders these days average 60% of the range, so I'd say 300+ AP.

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING HAHA.

I mean, look at your ring! 7MA, 2 more slots for more! HAHAHA
Because Ntreev isn't Wizet. They make event items WORTH getting for higher-leveled players. That and they're not trying to squeeze every last dollar out of us ololololol.

But seriously. Probably these lovely items won't come to our neck of the woods until next year after the game is released public. There's no way Ntreev will let us be supremely powerful right from day one. -.-