Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 01:37 AM   #1
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR
Default TWG XXXVIII: THE RACE FOR THE PRESIDENCY

It's the GOP national convention, presidential primaries time. SOME DEMOCRATS HAVE INFILTRATED THE PARTY, AND WE HAVE WORD THAT SOME OF THEM ARE IN THE PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY! How they've managed to play republican for so long we'll never know, but there are definitely more than one of them. It's election time, but even though we're all running against each other, it's VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE ROOT OUT THE DEMOCRATS.

All voting will be done via ballot box system (PM), and PLEASE PM ME WITH THE NUMBER OF THE CANDIDATE, NOT HIS NAME. THE NUMBERS WILL STAY CONSTANT THROUGHOUT THE GAME.

The thread should be looked at as a political debate, or a public fundraiser. There should be no discussion of improprieties in public.

Some of the roles will be "illegal" like the bookie from my last game, but i'm going to clarify the rules for disqualification so that there will be no misunderstandings.

In this game, you MAY TELL ANYONE YOU PLEASE ABOUT YOUR ROLE, but if they post your name and your role, you are out of the running. You are also not to post about your role in the thread, or you will go to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

I advise you to be careful about who you tell, because the wolves can save names up, and post them at any time.

THERE WILL BE NO PHANTOMS THIS GAME, BUT YOU ARE EXPECTED TO MAKE TWO GOOD POSTS PER DAY, OR I WILL DROP YOU FROM THE RACE.

ALSO, IF THERE IS A VOTING TIE, TWO PLAYERS WILL BE DROPPED FROM THE RACE. IF THERE IS A THREE WAY TIE, ONLY TWO OF THE THREE WILL DROP.

no night posting.

THIS IS YOUR PLAYER LIST:

1.sertman (alextp1651)
2.talisman (stressreliefball)
3.chromer (stinnettefamily1)
4.vashthestampede0987 (Pyro31191)
5.iggymatrixcounter (iggy911mc)
6.hanssky (notsofaroff)
7.jurseyrider734 (imjurs)
8.stoicroivas (stoicroivas)
9.wilkin (Wilkini Evili)
10.minineo (min1ne0)
11.hitheycallmegod (HiTheyCallMeGod)
12.DiscoBobbyParanoia (DBP TWG)
13.nijatwo (RebelNija)
14.petpro32 (NEED YOUR AIM)
15.mattc16 (mattc16mcfc)
16.xobserverx (xTried N Truex)
17.omeganitros (OmegaNoxim)
18.guidohunter (ElSoyokaze)

NIGHT 1, GIMME PM's.

Last edited by FoJaR; 11-11-2006 at 02:09 AM..
Old 11-11-2006, 02:05 AM   #2
FoJaR
The Worst

Default Re: TWG XXXVIII: THE RACE FOR THE PRESIDENCY

TO CLARIFY ON ILLEGAL ROLES: YOU SHOULD NOT POST IN THE THREAD THAT YOU HAVE AN ILLEGAL ROLE, AND IF SOMEONE TRIES TO TURN YOU IN, THEY NEED ONLY A VERY BASIC DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU DO, SO IF YOU LIE TO THEM ON A MINOR POINT, BUT THEY POST THE JIST OF IT, YOU'RE OUT OF THE RACE.

THINK OF IT AS A PUBLIC ACCUSATION, SOMEONE MIGHT NOT HAVE ALL THE DETAILS ON WHAT YOU DID, BUT IF YOU MAKE A CONFESSION TO THEM, AND THEY WERE TO TELL THE AUTHORITIES, THE REST WOULD BE UNCOVERED LATER.

ALSO: IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, ASK ME PRIVATELY, DO NOT POST THEM IN THE THREAD.

Last edited by FoJaR; 11-11-2006 at 02:08 AM..
Old 11-11-2006, 02:14 AM   #3
FoJaR
The Worst

"****, ****, ****, ****!"

"What's the matter sertman?"

"I THINK I KILLED A HOOKER...."

"WHAT???"

"YEAH, WHAT DO I DO?"

The rest of the candidates woke up to a flurry of news reports. Every channel was ablaze with the latest headlines:

"GOP candidate, caught with hooker blood on hands"

"Senator Sertman (R, North Carolina) kills whore"

"Britney files for divorce"

"Well, I guess he's out of the race."

It is now DAY 1.

day one will last until sunday at MIDNIGHT EST.

PM me with your votes by then, and remember to post well, although i will go easy this first day. (but still post.)

2.talisman (stressreliefball)
3.chromer (stinnettefamily1)
4.vashthestampede0987 (Pyro31191)
5.iggymatrixcounter (iggy911mc)
6.hanssky (notsofaroff)
7.jurseyrider734 (imjurs)
8.stoicroivas (stoicroivas)
9.wilkin (Wilkini Evili)
10.minineo (min1ne0)
11.hitheycallmegod (HiTheyCallMeGod)
12.DiscoBobbyParanoia (DBP TWG)
13.nijatwo (RebelNija)
14.petpro32 (NEED YOUR AIM)
15.mattc16 (mattc16mcfc)
16.xobserverx (xTried N Truex)
17.omeganitros (OmegaNoxim)
18.guidohunter (ElSoyokaze)
Old 11-11-2006, 10:35 AM   #4
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

psh, killing a hooker is a saintly thing compared to some of the stuff i've done that noone's found out about

Old 11-11-2006, 10:50 AM   #5
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Anyone want to guess why we would need to PM a number instead of a name?

I've thought about this and unless it's just some technical point fojar wants, I believe there's a role out there that can change numbers with someone, add numbers to everyone, or something like that.

Then I believe that that role would only be useful if someone could see the amount of votes so the first guy wouldn't just be stabbing in the dark.

Do we know how many wolves there are?
Old 11-11-2006, 11:12 AM   #6
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

I'm guessing four.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:52 AM   #7
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DiscoBobbyPARANOiA

If there's four wolves there better be some awesome blues to make up for the votes not having to be on the thread.

I talked to a few people before the game, trying to figure out what to do about this, but all I can really do is hope fojar balanced this game well.

If you think about it, the wolves will most likely get to pick the lynch today unless we do something specifically to counter that. They can all just dump their votes on one person without any penalty. That gives the wolves last night, today, and tomorrow to pick off some good players, and that's quite unsettling.

Another thing I thought of: Mayhap there is a role that gets to see everyone that votes for the lynchee.

As far as the voting by numbers and not names: as far as I could figure out, I'd say it's just so it's more election-like, but iggy's idea is a big possibility as well. (that would sure mess with things alot)

My guess is that there are either 2-3 wolves, or some kickass human roles to counter the fact that votes aren't public.

Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #8
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
PLEASE PM ME WITH THE NUMBER OF THE CANDIDATE, NOT HIS NAME. THE NUMBERS WILL STAY CONSTANT THROUGHOUT THE GAME.
That would kinda contradict the whole changing numbers thing. Just thought I'd point it out.

Old 11-11-2006, 12:02 PM   #9
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Is there anything stopping us from making our votes public? I mean I know it wouldn't count, but it would help the humans and make the wolves have to work a little harder.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:23 PM   #10
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

I thought about suggesting that, but I didn't want to get bum rushed by everyone being like 'that's not helpfull rahh'.

It would help us, but it would also let the wolves know where/how to dump their votes more efficiently.

We basically just need to see what everyone thinks about the idea, or vote on it.

Old 11-11-2006, 01:06 PM   #11
HansSky
FFR Player

If we're not organized, there will be 4(likely 4) block votes on whoever they please. It should be good enough to take control of both night and day. This is why I suggest we make our votes public.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:01 PM   #12
HiTheyCallMeGod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HiTheyCallMeGod

One thing that we need to watch for was having two people tied with votes, If we make our votes public, and they are close, the wolves could even it out and get rid of 2 humans as opposed to one.

I will not be able to get on again untill about 4 AM EST, so i will read up and post then.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #13
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA View Post
That would kinda contradict the whole changing numbers thing. Just thought I'd point it out.

I guess I just read that as each person's number wouldn't change if someone died and bumped them up on the list.

I can see it both ways I guess.

Revealing our votes would not be good because it's the same thing as the statue game we played a while back. It gives the wolves 100%confirmed info and the wolves could lie and we really wouldn't have the complete picture. Course with there being mystery roles and things like that, I doubt the wolves would lie because of fear of being caught somehow. (Last game when there were mystery roles, two wolves got caught because they lied about who they were) It could help us or hurt I guess.

The problem would be that not everyone would post who they voted for and that hurts us too because we don't know if they voted or not.

@Fojar: you said you talked to people, what did you talk about?
Old 11-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #14
HansSky
FFR Player

My concern is the wolves block voting and taking whoever they wish if we're not organized.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:08 PM   #15
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

There can't be a Blue that has the power to see all who voted for the lynchee. Not only would that make it easier for the wolves to pick out those who aren't following to suit, it would also make it quite difficult to tell who was truthfully voting or just bandwagoning in order to escape a block vote. In my opinion, the whole number vote thing confuses me. Is it supposed to relate to a specific Blue or Wolf job or what? It makes no sense. :P
Old 11-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #16
FoJaR
The Worst

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymatrixcounter View Post
@Fojar: you said you talked to people, what did you talk about?
not sure what you're reffering to, but please PM or AIM me.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:16 PM   #17
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

iggy's idea with the numbers is interesting. although you'd think fojar could have just done that with names too.

about concerns of the wolves block voting, I think that fojar specifically mentioned in the game thread that this would be balanced somehow. meaning there's some blue that sees votes somehow or gets to subtract votes from someone or add votes to someone or something. my hope is that if the wolves do it they'll get caught somehow. Or be afraid of getting caught and not do it at all.

on vote revealing... I propose we do so after the fact. Meaning day two we reveal who we voted for day one. obviously some of the same dangers iggy just pointed out would still be there in terms of wolves being able to see what people are trending towards (but that stuff always changes). yet there would be a greater potential for information gain as wolves I think would be compelled to tell the truth (the votes have to add up), or else look stupid trying to justify a random vote (since that would be the easiest way to lie).

also

Quote:
There can't be a Blue that has the power to see all who voted for the lynchee. Not only would that make it easier for the wolves to pick out those who aren't following to suit, it would also make it quite difficult to tell who was truthfully voting or just bandwagoning in order to escape a block vote.
that made no sense to me at all. if there's a blue that can see who voted for who died, then that doesn't mean that the wolves are magically privy to that information. I feel like a step was left out of that logic.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:04 PM   #18
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
iggy's idea with the numbers is interesting. although you'd think fojar could have just done that with names too.

about concerns of the wolves block voting, I think that fojar specifically mentioned in the game thread that this would be balanced somehow. meaning there's some blue that sees votes somehow or gets to subtract votes from someone or add votes to someone or something. my hope is that if the wolves do it they'll get caught somehow. Or be afraid of getting caught and not do it at all.

on vote revealing... I propose we do so after the fact. Meaning day two we reveal who we voted for day one. obviously some of the same dangers iggy just pointed out would still be there in terms of wolves being able to see what people are trending towards (but that stuff always changes). yet there would be a greater potential for information gain as wolves I think would be compelled to tell the truth (the votes have to add up), or else look stupid trying to justify a random vote (since that would be the easiest way to lie).

also

that made no sense to me at all. if there's a blue that can see who voted for who died, then that doesn't mean that the wolves are magically privy to that information. I feel like a step was left out of that logic.
No that's not what I meant. If there were some type of alliance going on and the Blue was able to pick up on those who voted on one person because of an alliance, it would make it a little easier to distinguish those teaming up from those going lone-wolf (no pun intended.)
Old 11-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #19
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman View Post
I think this would be our best bet. It prevents the wolves from getting a double kill for the lynch whenever they please like HiTheyCallMeGod suggested, but it will also help us know what's going on, and possibly catch some wolves making mistakes.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #20
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

[23:09] <MiniNeo> hi im minineo
[23:09] <Jurs> he's a wolf
[23:09] <MiniNeo> o thnap
[23:09] <MiniNeo> wiat are you in this twg
[23:09] <Jurs> uh no
[23:09] <MiniNeo> k then i am a wolf

Hahahahahahahaha owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Closed Thread