Old 11-14-2007, 04:56 PM   #461
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX
Default Re: How to get better at FFR

I might've said this already, but if you REALLY want to get good at a specific song, memorize it and play stealth. That's what I did for 2 songs.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)
Xx{Midday}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:50 PM   #462
Solomine Gray
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr View Post
I like the arrows coming down, so screen cut doesn't work.
You can screen cut as a reverse player. I'm happen to be a reverse player myself (even though I don't screen cut). All you have to do is scroll the window down until you think the top of the game as been cut off enough. It's actually easier to do than if you aren't a revser player, because you don't have to minimize the window --> resize the bottom --> maximize again.

Last edited by Solomine Gray; 11-14-2007 at 05:53 PM..
Solomine Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:00 AM   #463
XCraigeX
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to XCraigeX

iggymatrixcounter - thank you very much for your "rant". I actually found it very useful.
XCraigeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2007, 12:25 AM   #464
The True Angel
FFR Player

Smile Re: How to get better at FFR

i just put one finger in the left arrow key and 3 fingers on the rest then play
The True Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2007, 10:56 AM   #465
TrIPLle K xX
FFR Player

NICE
TrIPLle K xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2007, 04:41 PM   #466
Taylor Davidson
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Taylor Davidson
Smile Re: How to get better at FFR

I use my ring finger and my middle finger of my left hand on the left and bottom arrow and my pointer and middle finger on my left hand for the down and right arrows.
Taylor Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2007, 04:43 PM   #467
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

I use my index fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
welcome to D6

start playing
customstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2007, 08:13 PM   #468
jvrabel
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to jvrabel

i use one hand b/c i play super crazy guitar maniac with one hand so its easier
Old 12-4-2007, 07:43 PM   #469
galen7
FFR Player

Are people joking about the first trick? Is the OP joking? I don't get the joke.
galen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2007, 01:29 PM   #470
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by galen7 View Post
Are people joking about the first trick? Is the OP joking? I don't get the joke.
No he means it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midday}xX View Post
I might've said this already, but if you REALLY want to get good at a specific song, memorize it and play stealth. That's what I did for 2 songs.
Don't brag -_-.
Kekeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #471
i love you
Live a wonderful life~
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

The only way to get better in this game is ALOT of practice and effort. Most people thinks that they would just practice only on speed instead of PA. This is why most people in FFR cannot AAA a decent hard song in FFR besides the players who actually practice PAing songs or had been here for a long ass time.

I practiced PAing and ONLY practice PAing and as time passes, you get better at actually seeing the arrows. Then once you get better at seeing he arrows, you will be able to hit them easily and your combo will get better since you can see the arrows.

I remember back then when i was a total noob (Which was 8 months ago FTW) when I thought that i should only practice speed so I started to play really hard songs at the time like CIA Rave, or Slience nd i wouldn't be able to do it cuz I can't see the arrows.

So i thought to myself that I should just start out slow and ez and that's want I did and after 2 months, I was able to see ALOT more arrows and my comboing was getting better.

So after that, I decided to take it up a notch and tried to play harder songs to see if I could see them. I noticed that It was VERY EASILY to see them but to hit them took a little effort but as time passes, my finger speed gets better and I start to FC alot of songs without mashing. (Like most noob people do)

Then after a month, I become totally addicted to this gme and I wanted to become good so one day, I saw a forum about people who played spread. I didn't know what spread meant at the time but when I did I decided to take a risk and change my style of playing from 3-fingers to spread. (4 fingers using two hands)

It took me about a day to get used to spread and it took me about 3 weeks to get back to my skill using spread. When I started using spread, my FFR skills went over the top. Songs were alot easier to do, my PA was getting better and my fingers weren't getting as tried. I was very happy that day and started to thx myself for switching.

Then after like a month later, I met a FFR Player named TK_unreal in Multiplayer. He was one of the top players at the time but i never knew back then. I got my ass pwned by him and I was asking him how he was so good. He tell me "All you need is time, effort, and PA to become a very good player.

After that, he leaves and i go back to single player to try to get an AAA on a ez song. It took me ALOT of tries to get my very first AAA on a song. I was so happy that I AAAed a song and I decided that I should go AAA more songs; and I did.

From then on, I ONLY practice PAing songs instead of speed. I've learned that PAing songs is the key to becoming a good player in FFR. =)
i love you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #472
thordrin
FFR Player

ok, i just started and i need advice/stratagies on ways to nail arrows easier
thordrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 04:47 PM   #473
arsenicann
FFR Player

wuttup everone?
im a n00b at this game too
arsenicann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 08:54 PM   #474
Krysty
FFR Player

I cut the screen, lol. Can't play it full screen anymore, or the timing goes bad Oo. Usually use the num pad arrows with 1 index and middle on each arrow from both hands xD (harder on the small regular arrows, but I use that sometimes too when I'm bored). For practice, I just cut the screen further and further on a particular song until it becomes almost instant before messing with the speeds. Helps you see alot clearer later on, and starting to notice my combos are getting much longer and frequent on the very challenging and even some of the master/guru songs. This is a little more than my first real month of playing after cutting off early some eons ago (I was very bad then :/). Anyway, a lot of improvement that way :P need to start working on AAA's though. li'l sis can AAA some songs even though she can only play/survive on the very easy ones -.- never paid much attention to perfects before, but might as well start now eh?
Krysty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:15 PM   #475
LLaMaSaUceYup
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to LLaMaSaUceYup Send a message via MSN to LLaMaSaUceYup Send a message via Yahoo to LLaMaSaUceYup

Play SPREAD.
LLaMaSaUceYup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:03 PM   #476
skishmonkey72
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to skishmonkey72

Even though I play one-handed, the most useful tips are these.

PLAY SPREAD. You will NEVER get really good one-handed. You can get mediocre, like me, but you will never really get good.

The single most important one: PRACTICE. The people who are really good now have done ****loads of games and arrows to get good. The exceptions are the people who have played just as much Stepmania. There is a direct correlation between number of games and skill.
And when you practice practice for PA, like i love you said. Comboing and speed will come in time and a little practice, whereas PA will only come in LOTS of practice.

When you play, I suggest either screencutting, or using a speed mod. The most popular are 1.50x and 1.75x.

Don't practice on songs that are too hard for you. That will make your PA turn to complete total crap. Practice on songs that you are decent at, then eventually you will become decent at harder songs, then you practice on those, etc. until you are good at most songs in the game.

Never give up.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:04 PM   #477
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skishmonkey72 View Post
Even though I play one-handed, the most useful tips are these.

PLAY SPREAD. You will NEVER get really good one-handed. You can get mediocre, like me, but you will never really get good.
Umm no, just practice a lot. It takes time too, a lot.
Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
EAGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:19 PM   #478
zero gravity
FFR Player

hello peeps
zero gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:53 PM   #479
mow123
FFR Player

I play on 600c with the A,S key mapped to left and down and K,L mapped to up and right. you can't play FFR on 600c or remap your keys so Iam pretty much a noob at FFR.

One of my friends plays with A,S keys and the two arrow keys so if your use to your right hand fingers being stacked upwards you might want to try that.
mow123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2008, 07:58 AM   #480
XxSunshinegirlxX
FFR Player

Hello everyone. Just thought I would introduce myself. How was everyones new year?
XxSunshinegirlxX is offline   Reply With Quote