Old 10-18-2020, 10:21 PM   #81
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 26
Posts: 383
Default Re: TWG 197 - TWGood End 2: Postgame

I'm planning on making the post about this stuff when my video mafia game ends
I agree that its a fine line but I think we can all agree that we have not been enforcing where the line is, and maybe we ought to begin doing that

not because the game shouldn't be emotional, but because the game should be about having fun, and its currently taking a backseat to winning/playing optimally

for better or for worse
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:25 AM   #82
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author
 
MixMasterLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Emerald Coast
Posts: 5,089
Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG 197 - TWGood End 2: Postgame

People throwing the term "toxicity" around for every not-net positive situation is why the term really doesn't mean anything to me.

....mutiple people keep asking me to come play, but considering that I find about half of you as unsuffable within the confines of the game as you do me I've no issue with taking the rest of the season off and just reassessing where I and TWG are in the spring.

Frankly I agree with both Raeko and SunFan; it's a game where you utilize some really shitty and awful traits to lie and manipulate your friends and expecting that to not get messy seems like it's missing the point that (hopefully) no one acts anywhere NEAR like this IRL; on the other hand, there is a line and it's probably a good idea to reasses where it is and start enforcing it.
__________________

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter
We're counting down the days until
Halloween with a new Fatal Frame video every day

Part One:

Or See the Whole Playlist Here

.
MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:03 AM   #83
SubaruPoptart
On the train again
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
SubaruPoptart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: On the train :)
Posts: 487
Send a message via Skype™ to SubaruPoptart
Default Re: TWG 197 - TWGood End 2: Postgame

I stayed away from the thread for a bit cuz I was kinda scared for... whatever reason. Either way here we are. This was the first TWG game I've actually played ALL THE WAY THROUGH and here are my thoughts.

I'm kinda pissed I kept forgetting the 24 hour shift. Whole time I was in the routine that day phases were 48 hours and I was like "I need a break from this; I'm gonna take today off and then come the next day" cuz I was a lil stressed.

I even got reminded that "hey idiot the phases are different now" but I still fucking forgot somehow. I hate it even more because when I came back my vote would've been on Zenith, too.

The biggest thing I can take away from this is that I need to improve reading comprehension a metric fuck ton before I try this game again. All I could read was tone; I couldn't identify any contradictions, nor any weird things about how people were acting other than what people were already talking about. I thought I was doing pretty well near the end with the whole trying figuring out the last vanilla, but I think I still got it just a bit off in the end there.

On another note, I did keep my promise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart View Post
in fact, Shadow_God_10 and evanescence_death4ever, I will type everyone's full usernames out of spite from here on out
I only slipped once to my knowledge the whole game so that's... an accomplishment to me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart View Post
oooohhhh YEEESSSS~
Quote:
Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamerai View Post
damnit subaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
if cocoa flips town, n2 vig should shoot zenith obv
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Okay, I'm 7 pages deep and this is a shitfest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
wolf gurls exist awooo owo ¿furries? owo awoo


Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
My beak is bigger than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post





SubaruPoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:08 AM   #84
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 489
Default Re: TWG 197 - TWGood End 2: Postgame

usually the best way to look at wolfy contradictions is to read someone's iso

you'll see opinions change without real progression and stuff
__________________
aka mikey

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:12 AM   #85
SubaruPoptart
On the train again
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
SubaruPoptart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: On the train :)
Posts: 487
Send a message via Skype™ to SubaruPoptart
Default Re: TWG 197 - TWGood End 2: Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
usually the best way to look at wolfy contradictions is to read someone's iso

you'll see opinions change without real progression and stuff
That's what I had a hard time seeing; I iso'd and still couldn't find any of em; y'know aside from the ones people pointed out already
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart View Post
oooohhhh YEEESSSS~
Quote:
Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamerai View Post
damnit subaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
if cocoa flips town, n2 vig should shoot zenith obv
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Okay, I'm 7 pages deep and this is a shitfest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
wolf gurls exist awooo owo ¿furries? owo awoo


Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
My beak is bigger than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post





SubaruPoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:25 AM   #86
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 489
Default Re: TWG 197 - TWGood End 2: Postgame

have you tried taking notes? A lot of players write down things that they notice about each player, it could be what you need
__________________
aka mikey

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:57 AM   #87
Hakulyte
FFR & TWG Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran
 
Hakulyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,148
Default Re: TWG 197 - TWGood End 2: Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart View Post
I stayed away from the thread for a bit cuz I was kinda scared for... whatever reason. Either way here we are. This was the first TWG game I've actually played ALL THE WAY THROUGH and here are my thoughts.

I'm kinda pissed I kept forgetting the 24 hour shift. Whole time I was in the routine that day phases were 48 hours and I was like "I need a break from this; I'm gonna take today off and then come the next day" cuz I was a lil stressed.

I even got reminded that "hey idiot the phases are different now" but I still fucking forgot somehow. I hate it even more because when I came back my vote would've been on Zenith, too.

The biggest thing I can take away from this is that I need to improve reading comprehension a metric fuck ton before I try this game again. All I could read was tone; I couldn't identify any contradictions, nor any weird things about how people were acting other than what people were already talking about. I thought I was doing pretty well near the end with the whole trying figuring out the last vanilla, but I think I still got it just a bit off in the end there.

On another note, I did keep my promise.


I only slipped once to my knowledge the whole game so that's... an accomplishment to me.
Reading and coming to promising conclusions is honestly a very difficult task.
It's technically a game based on assumptions so, you're unlikely to magically solve the entire game from simply reading the thread.
You may have to ask questions and figure out what helps you either town read as many players as possible or tackle suspicious player activity if you think someone made a mistake that doesn't make sense as town.
If others see you play and acknowledge you as town, it also makes things easier for others in terms of solving.

Basically, you can either help others solve you, solve towns or try to find a wolf. If you do all 3 at same time, you're pmuch guaranteed to be in a good spot.
If their game progression makes sense and the stance seems genuinely aimed toward finding a wolf (and they actually find one) then the odds are fairly high that you found a townie.

Well, it will rarely be 100% accurate, but the goal is to make that % as high as possible.
If you're wolfing, you can pretty much play your town game and spice things up into misleading town to mislynch others. Often, you don't even need to do anything besides finding PRs and making sure they don't live too long.
Hakulyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:32 PM   #88
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 489
Default Re: TWG 197 - TWGood End 2: Postgame

send freezin games
__________________
aka mikey

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 02:13 AM   #89
FreezinIce
FFR Player
 
FreezinIce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Don't forget 3.oct.11
Posts: 182
Default Re: TWG 197 - TWGood End 2: Postgame

Send game submissions to me or TWG Jade Harley


I have 2, looking for 3 before i put up signups
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
don't put wolf aligned tree stumps in games

furiously taking notes
Lesson learned

=======
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
FreezinIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution