i BROKE MY FxxxiNG FRiDGECOR (DourGent)
Max Forever v2 (Ghost_Medley)
Mephisto's Grace (M0nkeyz)
Please, Don't Give Up (bmah)
Reflective Moment (M0nkeyz)
Sports!!!11 (LeKrispyKreme)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

Last edited by psychoangel691; 07-19-2020 at 05:17 AM..
Old 03-15-2020, 10:18 PM   #2
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Jan/Feb 2020 Set 4

I'll take this set.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:19 PM   #3
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Awesome, just gimmi a little I gotta shift a few things around from some passed files and such.
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 05-19-2020, 02:04 AM   #4
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Any word?
Old 05-22-2020, 08:51 PM   #5
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Set has been taken over by Gradiant.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 07-5-2020, 06:03 PM   #6
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

So these notes are definitely not as detailed as Halogen's tournament batch notes as lot of things I brought up for each file happen throughout. Layering issue for example, I note couple locations where it shows and suggest comb through of that specific time section where change is needed rather than timestamping every single instance of missing jump/unnecessary jump. If you want a bit more detail you can message me on discord and I'll do my best to get back to you with more whenever I've got the time.

Sorry for the time it took for these (irl shit sucks), and sorry more to Dour for having to wait a tad bit longer
Old 07-5-2020, 06:04 PM   #7
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Accepted
Please, Don’t Give Up(bmah) [10/10]
Reflective Moment (M0nkeyz) [9.5/10]
Breakout [Standard] (psychoangel691) [9.5/10]
100 Hours of Regrets (Ghost_Medley) [8.5/10]
Bus Rides With Ms. Imaginary (Deamerai)[8/10]
Gymnopedie No. 1 (Deamerai)[8/10]
Mephisto’s Grace (M0nkeyz) [8/10]

Conditional Queue
Flight of the Bumble Bee (Psychotik) [6.5/10]

Rejected
Grind3 (ositzxz369) [5.5/10]
Blue You (Xtreme2252) [5/10]
Max Forever v2 (Ghost_Medely)[4.5/10]
Sports!!!11 (LeKrispyKreme) [4.5/10]

Passed
I BROKE MY FxxxiNG FRiDGECORE (DourGent) [/]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

100 Hours of Regrets (Ghost_Medley) [8.5/10]

-Slight offset issue, SM Offset of -1.081s is more accurate. Rest of notes will go off of original offset timestamps however
suggestion: 70.451s: The two 12ths happening here and at 70.542 have bit more prominence considering the sounds around this area, would personally use those over what you currently have, though I can see what you’ve got going on
-74.721: If not adding extra notes for these extended buzzes, I would change the color of this 4th here to match the different colorings you have for the next two grey and green buzz sounds just after
-83.851: Missing note
-84.396: Missing note
-85.554: Missing note
-88.349: Jump, not single
-92.712: Same issue in little section here as there was at 88.349. Comb through this again for consistency in what’s layered as jumps in this piano part
-108.974: Jump, not single
-132.912: Most likely a very iffy spike, recommend either removing every third 12th jump to ease off the jacks in the gluts this speed or change the (24)(13) patterning so the (12)(34) and (14)(23)s lend to slightly easier jumptrills in the gluts.
-156.335 - end: If having the player wait until the very end of the file to hit those last two notes, there could be a couple more notes to the sounds until around 157 or 158s so there isn’t as much of a nonplayable gap

Blue You (Xtreme2252) [5/10]

-Not a note for the file but thought on the song (nothing to do with file rating), but the bass notes in some of these chords are throwing me way off haha. There’s such a massive dissonance in some of them compared to others that my first impression is that the notes are actually mistakes rather than just going for dissonant chords, though I don’t know if you were going for that when making the song.
-Major sync issue when it comes to simpler piano song like this. SM Offset should be changed from -0.110s to -0.037s. Any further notes will be based on original offset timing though
-For a song like this, more care should be given to pitch relevancy throughout the file but some examples like:
-27.110: Same pitch pattern as 23.110 but different column
-28.110: Lower pitch chord than 26.110 but same column
-92.110: Higher pitch note in the chord than 91.110 but lower column
=Overall the file suffers from the big offset error and lack of PR. It also drags quite a bit with it being a whole 5 minutes of sparse piano notes from 45-60 bpm; a song like this could lend itself to something around 1:30 to 2 minutes or maybe more depending on variation in the song but this is just way too repetitive for this big length. Needs a bit more work before it can get accepted

Breakout [Standard] (psychoangel691) [9.5/10]

-27.880: the 3 16ths here play a bit off because of the vocals doing more of a triplet pattern rather than straight 16ths
-100.991: Hand here doesn’t seem needed considering the hand right after at 101.435 has way more oomph
=Very solid overall. No inconsistency with jump usage other than iffy hand at 100.991, some attention to PR done when necessary like ascending/descending pitches with jumps in the drop sections, and accurate detail to vocal rhythms other than that one noted instance in the intro

Bus Rides With Ms. Imaginary (Deamerai) [8/10]

-Not much I can say about this to be honest. PR seemed to be alright but there’s only so much you can do with it when underlayering the song this way. Points where you decided on using repeated notes made sense, that’s about it.

Flight of the Bumble Bee (Psychotik) [6.5/10]

-0 - 15.664: Could use bit more attention to pitch relevancy
-22.474: missing jump
-26.204 - 28.637: Could use way more variation in columns than just repeating 4321. 42314231 or something like 431421321 keep it from being too repetitive while also giving that feel of descending pitch. Also keep in mind where the pitch jumps back up to a higher one before continuing the descent down at points like 26.366, 26.691, 27.664, and 27.988
-31.231: Starting here, if layering jumps to percussion you’re missing jumps in spots like 31.555 or 32.853 when there’s one for same sound at 32.204. If not layering percussion and putting jumps to the string hits, missing some jumps for the hits like at 34.474. As is, it seems like you have some mixture of both layerings which makes it a bit awkward to follow.
-Some other sections later on could also use some detail to PR, like the runningman at 44.204 not matching what’s going on in the song.
-69.907: single, not jump
=Have not seen previous version of file, but the file structure is certainly there. Jump usage really needs to be looked at though once the meat of the file starts as you’ve currently got that mixture of layering either the string hits or the percussion and it makes it quite messy. More attention can be given to pitch when necessary as well, like that point at 44.204. And then variation could be used with the straight up ascending or descending lines rather than just a long line of repeating 1234 or 4321.

Grind3 (ositzxz369) [5.5/10]

-1.252: Two things here: Just a straight up 1234 through this whole intro really needs some variation in patterning unless some bpm changes are happening similar to say, the speed up in do i smile?. Which leads to second part of there actually being a speed up here that’s not followed so after the first half of this 1234 section, the notes start to not match up and it’s messy.
You’ve got jumps to cymbals at 8.948 but not same cymbal at 9.9992
-10.155: Jump for this note but none of the other same sounding notes these 32nds are too
-13.774: Not a jump
-14.687: Missing note
-14.492: There’s such a huge snare emphasis for the three yellows starting here, missing jumps.
-17.687: Missing jump
-25.252 - 25.644: Misrhythm
-27.339: Just as much as emphasis here as the jumps before but this tiny part they’re missing
-29.426 - 30.861: Same emphasis as 28.122 - 29.426, but different jump usage
-30.992: Same sound as 30.861 so following current layering should also be (24) jump.
-31.252 - 32.035: Same issue as 1.252
=There’s a lot of inconsistency with jump usage which would be okay if there were layering changes between different sections but that’s not the case here with it only being a 30 second song, then the two (1234) sections in intro and at 31s that don’t quite match the speed up buzz and feel messy. Can’t accept this as is.

Gymnopedie No. 1 (Deamerai) [8/10]

-Slight amount of parts where PR could be followed more like the descending from 15.695 to 16.435, and the other times this part of the melody repeats in the file. Not such a big issue here though as rest of the file follows as good as it can rather than the whole thing being off.
=Overall, nothing fancy but a solid beginner file nonetheless

I BROKE MY FxxxiNG FRiDGECORE (DourGent) [/]

=Don't feel like I can judge this well, will be passed to different judge. Bit more patience please, sorry

Max Forever v2 (Ghost_Medely) [4.5/10]

-Sync offset actually -0.030
-13 seconds before being able to play anything is a no-no
-19.640: Why these 8th jump and singles chain here and not before in this little intro?
-24.840: Way too much considering difficulty of rest of file and that this is the only spot where this sound that happens other times gets 32nd rolls.
-41.640, 43.240, 44.040: What are these jumps to?
-48.040: Why the jumps here?
-50.707: 16ths continue here, not 24ths
-57.640: Feels like you tried to switch from random sets of 16ths to following the rhythm here but it doesn’t match. 57.940, 59.540, and 64.140 would have 16ths for example.
-60.640: Jump here doesn’t have same sound as the ones just before or the one after, single works better.
=Alright so, this song has this constant 16th pulse going on in the background so 16th patterning would be warranted, but you switch it up so often and inconsistently that it doesn’t work. The sets of 5 with random 3 at 42.040 for example leading to sets of 2 at 45.240? This happens throughout the entire 6 minutes. Similar to that, you’ve got bigger gaps that show up becuase of the random layering with no notes like 100.640.
-232.240: What is this jump layering? I have no idea what these are going to. Happens several more times at 235 or 248.040
-305.840: What is this gap?
-307.240-end: The bpm doubling to change note color to red/blue and then to just red is pretty unnecessary
=Overall, way too many issues with 16th layering and random jump usage to accept. Also not a strong difference or huge quality update from the v1 in game to warrant it being a v2 either.

Mephisto’s Grace (M0nkeyz) [8/10]

=Careful about using graces to indicate multiple instruments rather than just using jumps/hands. If your graces are too far apart then it doesn't match two instruments playing together and you should use notes less frames apart. Here it's okay given the slight lag behind in the strings compared to the piano.
-7.453: Why the 4322 here? It stands out considering the rest of this intro part only has single non-2 notes for higher piano blips. 4222 would work better.
-35.474: This should actually be a jump and 35.632 is a single
-65.395: Missing note
-65.873: A ascending-descending pattern like 1343 or 1242 fits PR better here than just a left to right 1234
-66.270: Missing note
-89.954: This jump should actually be shifted up to a blue jump at 89.875
=Weird song. There’s such big gaps between the breakcore sections that the file feel a bit draggy even given the short song length. The breakcore parts at this tempo too are way harder in difficulty than the piano, leading to the meat of the file being two tiny sections and the rest seeming like just some filler. Individually between1 these two different parts though, they’re okay. The breakcore was done well and the piano would be fine after some of these notes are looked at.

Please, Don’t Give Up(bmah) [10/10]

=Overall layering in the jumpstream sections seemed iffy on first look through, especially when yellow jumps are added at 130.456, but everything makes sense going through again slower to pick out the little nuances the added jumps in each new section are to. The walls made me chuckle, especially the first one given the speed and mid-jumps makes it very hard to jumptrill imo so you have to legit roll, but then the rotation change at 100.89 will throw you off of that. Really good song choice, no issues then with layering, the jumpstream felt very nice to hit, and 32nd rolls satisfying as well. Pretty much spot on.

Reflective Moment (M0nkeyz) [9.5/10]

-9.829: Assuming you’re missing the two 16ths here fort that different sound so there’s more room through this intro to build up, but there could still be just an 8th note here for the previous bass sound given your previous 3 8th notes at 8.029. This pertains in couple other spots like 11.429, and 17.829
-37.279: Ghost note? Previous sound 32nds are too doesn’t continue past the 4th note on (2)
=I’ll agree with some of the omitted jumps you mentioned in your submission notes, there was also one instance of omitted burst I saw at 43.429s that was okay given an otherwise horrid mixture of burst inside jumptrill that’d force some sort of minijack for sure. Lot of care given to make sure the bursts themselves don’t force jacks into them or out of them, unless it itself is a fast trill. Really fantastic and certainly not a harder file I’d imagine coming from you given the few files I’ve gotten in sets from you previously, nice work.

Sports!!!11 (LeKrispyKreme) [4.5/10]

-First 14 seconds should be cut if there’s not going to be any notes until 14.835
=Just going to point out some spots for notes for this file, and then whole file should checked for similar issues. Otherwise there’s just going to be a wall of text here just bringing up the same points:
-30.435: What are these jumps to? If it’s to vocal sample you’re missing layering notes to rest of vocal sample, and if it’s to the driving kick drum throughout which would be more likely then you’re missing a lot more like at 31.635 or 31.835
-41.635: The rhythm you’ve got starting here for synth layering is great, but then it gets muddied up with constant 16ths cutting in and out of that initial rhythm that feel like ghost notes. Issue continues into the break at 54.435 as well, where spots like 56.635 or 57.435 feel like ghost notes given how they’re mixed up with a muddied vocal sample compared to the previous rhythm going to clean synth.
-80.435: What are these 12ths to? If to vocal sample, they don’t match up and then there’s missing ones because that sample continues past just those five notes.
-93.035: Notes not lining up with the vocal sample here either
-99.235: Why the jump?
-102.835: Does not line up with the ‘Sports’ sample and then that sample will also get cut out due to that note being the last one. An ending note after that would fix it but would not recommend that as you’ll end up with almost 10 seconds of ending song sample filled with just two those notes
=Overall, the intro and outro of song need to be cut as intro has way too much song before notes start which submission rules deems as ‘incomplete’ and the outro is messy with the note to sample being off and the sample ending up being cut off. There’s extremely inconsistent usage of jumps except for the couple that are put just to the ‘Sports’ sample, and then rhythms surrounding any further vocal sample need to be cleaned up as they either muddy up the rhythms for the cleaner synth parts of the song like 41.635, or they just don’t match the sample at all like 93.035

Last edited by Gradiant; 07-5-2020 at 06:11 PM..
Old 07-6-2020, 12:06 PM   #8
klimtkiller
D4
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

ayy weekly batch updates exist i forgot
Old 07-9-2020, 09:57 PM   #9
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

-31.231: Starting here, if layering jumps to percussion you’re missing jumps in spots like 31.555 or 32.853 when there’s one for same sound at 32.204.
Yeah it goes to the percussion. The missing jumps are just consistency errors. Fixed them all throughout the section.
-Some other sections later on could also use some detail to PR, like the runningman at 44.204 not matching what’s going on in the song.
Good catch. I fixed this instance and whole bunch more throughout the second half.

Everything else mentioned was also fixed. Uploaded the fixes.
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:37 AM   #10
M0nkeyz
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Fixed up Mephisto's grace according to Gradiant's notes,