Old 02-14-2020, 03:20 PM   #21
Not devonin
FFR Player

Default Re: Nov/Dec 2019 Set 1

Quote:
Judge Notes:
> Music offset is good (No changes necessary).
> Within simfile properties, suggest changing ‘Artist’ property from ‘Nina, Goddess of Dance’ to ‘Nina - Goddess of Dance’, To match the search query for artist’s name within the game engine. No other issues found in simfile properties. No issues found within the submission folder.
-[1:15.353] Move the 8th here to the 16th a little bit later, located at 1:15.460. The vocals do indeed land on the 8th, but isn’t accentuated until the 16th alongside other instruments.
-[1:18.889] Same situation as the above note, but will let it slide since the majority of instruments are more dominant on the 8th rather than the 16th alongside vocals.
-Super easy file, not that much to complain about it. It’s good. Arguable that it’s within the difficulty shot of the original, but the original is a blue note mess.
I've listened to it with the 8ths as submitted, and with it moved to a 16th where you noted, and I must be missing something in my auditory processing of it because they sound -super- off shifted down, and exactly right where I put them.

Since it's accepted as-is, I'm going to keep it as-is without those two arrows shifted.

Do you need me to resubmit the file with the comma in the artist name changed to the dash, or can you guys do that on your end? I know fixing out property issues isn't your job, but it's a comma. I can reupload if it's an issue.

Thanks for the notes and the score

Last edited by Not devonin; 02-14-2020 at 03:21 PM..
Old 02-18-2020, 03:43 PM   #22
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
I've listened to it with the 8ths as submitted, and with it moved to a 16th where you noted, and I must be missing something in my auditory processing of it because they sound -super- off shifted down, and exactly right where I put them.

Since it's accepted as-is, I'm going to keep it as-is without those two arrows shifted.

Do you need me to resubmit the file with the comma in the artist name changed to the dash, or can you guys do that on your end? I know fixing out property issues isn't your job, but it's a comma. I can reupload if it's an issue.

Thanks for the notes and the score
reupload would be the safest bet, but I'm hopeful that my notes get a glance-over and corrected for it. If not, it's not the end of the world. There are plenty of songs in-game currently that have little things here and there in the song author's name that are off.

- Tosh 2014

Old 02-19-2020, 01:17 PM   #23
gold stinger
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Starflight (klimtkiller) [6.0/10]
klimtkiller’s Comments:
none.

Judge Notes:
> Music offset is good (No changes necessary).
> ‘background’ property and ‘banner’ property found within simfile properties. Needs to be deleted/removed. ‘.sm.old’ file found within submission folder contents. Consider removing.
-[00:00.442] Would have preferred singles following the back keyboard instead of the drums here, with the transition flowing into 24th keyboard. Just a personal preference.
-[01:05.265] You in big doo doo. Not only are these 255bpm 4-part longjacks, but they are pervasive throughout the majority of the transitional sections of the file. Normally, I wouldn’t mind if it was a one-off situation or a burst pattern. However, these are peppered throughout the file, a total of 34 times. Given the sheer amount of times that these small bits of 255bpm jacks are being used, they are cumulatively harder than any other part of the file, bar the 48th colorized bursts. They will most likely need to see a change if looking for an accept in the future.
-[03:02.795 Onwards] Around here, the song starts to get ultimately repetitive. Definitely could have used a cut to omit all the fluff transition sections that players have already gone through 4 times now and still have to go through it another 2 times.
-Chart structure is fundamentally sound, but goes for the full 4 and a half minutes, with about 2 of those minutes being used towards the same general transitions (that are between 15-30 seconds each). The song in question goes on for too long without much variety within those 4 and a half minutes. Outcome would probably be radically different if the song was between 2 to 3 minutes in length, but will most likely come off as dull and needlessly straining in comparison to other 100+ files. Left it at 6.0 in-case you'd like to rating appeal and get a 2nd opinion.

- Tosh 2014

Old 02-19-2020, 01:19 PM   #24
gold stinger

Godspeed with the fixes m'dudes & dudettes

- Tosh 2014

Old 03-25-2020, 06:36 AM   #25
M0nkeyz
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I made some changes to Spring of Fierce Vindication:

Applied some color theory to the melody in the middle to better distinguish the melody from the drums when the transition kicks in. I also went back with a different set of headphones and removed some jumps that were indeed a bit quiet. I also smoothed out some patterns to be more consistent
Old 03-29-2020, 06:04 PM   #26
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Son of Robot
Spring of Fierce Vindication

have been moved to accepted
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl