Old 09-17-2019, 06:36 AM   #21
FirstMaple8
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to FirstMaple8 Send a message via AIM to FirstMaple8 Send a message via Yahoo to FirstMaple8 Send a message via Skype™ to FirstMaple8
Default Re: New FFR Features ?

i like teir points
FirstMaple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:44 AM   #22
Antori
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

tier points aren't my cup of tea but i value them over SDG counter

Antori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:55 AM   #23
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

If we can find places to put them without screens getting too cluttered, I generally would like to keep every kind of stat tracking we do and add as many more as we can.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:31 AM   #24
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Somebody mentioned autofailing to raw good count, there could be a setting that fixed autofail to when you tie your best score.

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:10 AM   #25
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

We desperately need a credit sink.

New forum/profile badges/usergroups:
Rich: purchase for 150k credits
Filthy Rich: purchase for 500k credits (minus the cost of previous rank if owned)
Millionaire: purchase for 1M credits (minus the cost of previous rank if owned)
FFR Tycoon: purchase for 2.5M credits (minus the cost of previous rank if owned)
Each new rank would overwrite the previous, so you would only belong to one such group at a time. Some FFRtist can get creative with the icons.

Unlock more things with credits in general but NOT QoL features like noteskins and HUD editing capabilities. Can probably charge 10-25k creds to unlock recolors on judges and the game interface.

Convert Secret to Purchased. Stockpiling credits shouldn't be encouraged. Repurpose Secret for something else someone more creative will come up with an idea for as I do not currently have one.

Realtime accuracy tracking (like the dots on the bar thing for etterna) would be BALLIN since FFR is an offset adjustment wasteland.

Add the ability to purchase songs from the engine again. We desperately need that...

Eliminate Play from browser. It's time to say goodbye to that laggy misrepresentation of our game. Subsequently, increase size of "Download FFR"

Is Steam still happening?

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 12:10 PM   #26
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Eliminate Play from browser. It's time to say goodbye to that laggy misrepresentation of our game.
This needs to be a priority along with an alternate method of viewing song previews and replays since browser support for Flash is going away within a year and some.

I would say emphasizing getting a "download" option into Discord but since their game library is no longer going to be a thing that's probably not an option directly - maybe a link somewhere? I recognize most users probably already download but for those who are new and join into Discord while playing browser, it would be helpful for them to be able to find a link there too.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:48 PM   #27
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Yes, flash support is an imminent issue given the amount of work that needs to be done on the game and website. I will make it my priority to start diverging from swf files. Hopefully we can stop using flash by the next release if I dont struggle too much.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:43 PM   #28
TD_s3b0u
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

tres bonne idee le SDG bar chu down avec l'idée !! +1
Old 09-17-2019, 01:57 PM   #29
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
We desperately need a credit sink.
I'm more of an opinion to just completely remove credits as a resource at all.

Almost 99% of tokens in circulation weren't actually earned through gameplay, they were generated for events, or spilled out of early errors in the gambling hall code etc.

In terms of purchased/secret songs, it feels like most users have what amounts to "none" or "unlimited" credits so I'd rather find new ways to get those songs handed out.

I have a proposal already written up to replace secret songs with grand total unlocks, so they're still gradually unlocked as you play, without being tied to holding onto credits.

We could do something similar to the purchased genre as well. I have ideas about something that could replace credits and be more carefully managed in terms of distribution that could be used for rewards in major events etc.

Selling a title for credits just to get credits out of the system seems like not a good fix, and I actually want to truncate some of the use of titles and status rather than increase them.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 02:08 PM   #30
123kappa3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I want credits to stay. Cause I like them. If you take them away I will cry. They are meaningless but thats okay.
123kappa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:57 PM   #31
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Dan courses

Pre-made queues of four charts somewhat similarly clustered in difficulty with restarting leading to a restart of the entire queue, not the individual chart. First three charts each test a different skillset at the specified difficulty level (streaming, stamina, technical) with the final chart optimally testing all three and potentially being slightly higher in difficulty than the others. Five to ten second breaks between each chart. Given FFR's focus on accuracy, goal can be to pass the entire course with less than X raw goods as opposed to hitting a percentage threshold (exact total will be dependent on chart difficulties and which skill level is expected to pass the course, most courses likely in the 50 or 100g range). Successful pass awards title of having reached the specified Dan level (or beyond) and a profile badge indicating highest level achieved. Could also have leaderboards showing PA counts for each course.

Envisioning ten courses for 1st - 10th Dan and then maybe two or three past that point depending on what the chart pool looks like post-tourney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 09-17-2019 at 03:58 PM..
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:28 PM   #32
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

I like the idea of having a currency, but right now it is meaningless. My original idea with the courses was to pay per attempt like an arcade, I don't think that would be very popular.

If you do get rid of the purchased genre, I'd rather it not be tied to GT, because where it stands you can choose what order you want the songs in. If you really want Holy Orders, you can buy it first for example.

I have mixed feelings about ditching credits overall, there are pros and cons.

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:40 PM   #33
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
Dan courses

Pre-made queues of four charts somewhat similarly clustered in difficulty with restarting leading to a restart of the entire queue, not the individual chart. First three charts each test a different skillset at the specified difficulty level (streaming, stamina, technical) with the final chart optimally testing all three and potentially being slightly higher in difficulty than the others. Five to ten second breaks between each chart. Given FFR's focus on accuracy, goal can be to pass the entire course with less than X raw goods as opposed to hitting a percentage threshold (exact total will be dependent on chart difficulties and which skill level is expected to pass the course, most courses likely in the 50 or 100g range). Successful pass awards title of having reached the specified Dan level (or beyond) and a profile badge indicating highest level achieved. Could also have leaderboards showing PA counts for each course.

Envisioning ten courses for 1st - 10th Dan and then maybe two or three past that point depending on what the chart pool looks like post-tourney.
ok but division tho

Old 09-17-2019, 04:50 PM   #34
One Winged Angel

Divisions are terrible and I'd prefer them not influencing the addition of new features, especially this one if it gets added at some point.

I acknowledge that they're likely not going away anytime soon but I don't like the suggestion of 'hey we should have eight courses because we have eight divisions' or 'we don't need titles for this because we already have division titles' or something similar. There's enough content to make more than eight courses of varying difficulty and the Dan system traditionally recognizes ten. I'd definitely want at least two or three special title courses above 10th as well.

That being said I'm aware if this gets added it'll still be used to benchmark divisions because people love doing that shit anywhere they see an application for it. Also shit like 'hurr durr why is this guy in D5 with a 9th Dan pass' come tourney time.

Quote:

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 09-17-2019 at 04:51 PM..
Old 09-17-2019, 05:32 PM   #35
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

was just saying why use "dan" when we already have "division"

Old 09-17-2019, 05:37 PM   #36
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP

I have to agree with rushy here, I dont see the point/addition of using dan? The concept seems as arbitrary as divisions and limits the passage requirements to a few files (courses).
Old 09-17-2019, 05:40 PM   #37
One Winged Angel

We don't have 10+ divisions and I don't think they should be refined so as to include that many. Treating them as synonymous eventually circles back to 'we should have eight courses because eight divisions'.

The point of the system is to test consistency (and stamina at higher levels) in that you're forced to play these charts in sequence as opposed to whoring each independently for much better scores. There's nothing in game that tests consistency outside of charts that are naturally very long. I believe there's enough merit for this system to exist on its own independently and would much prefer not muddying things up with divisions.

Quote:

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 09-17-2019 at 05:45 PM..
Old 09-17-2019, 05:47 PM   #38
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP

Hmm ok, I see what you mean now
Old 09-18-2019, 07:18 PM   #39
11brendon
Jesus on the dashboard
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

i want writing notes on individual files in game so i can keep track of what number i need to isolate and stuff
Old 09-18-2019, 07:25 PM   #40
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

You can probably just use a Random thought for that.
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.
Psychotik is offline   Reply With Quote