Old 08-11-2019, 09:19 PM   #401
suicidaln00b
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
suicidaln00b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 110
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme2252 View Post
Two weeks for a game for a game that has monthly updates of unplayably out-of-sync songs and couldn't be bothered to update the tournament status to "In Progress" past the sign up date anyways. It kind of makes sense though, the site couldn't really handle more than 500 active users anyways.
more assblasted than i am at super soaker
suicidaln00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:23 PM   #402
V-Ormix
scan and band
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
V-Ormix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 4,549
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
i'm sorry storn i have to go all out now... just this once... i have to become D6

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
has he really find a way to surpass fishy toothpaste?? i mean, what would that make him? double a fishy toothepaste!?!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Guys, I worked really hard on that meme and it didn't get any attention. Please accept me into your social group.
In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 1 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at LumenDatabase.org.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
what if you woke up and a random stranger stood beside your bed just to say good morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
you'd tell them to fuck off
V-Ormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:33 PM   #403
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 35
Posts: 10,087
Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme2252 View Post
Two weeks for a game for a game that has monthly updates of unplayably out-of-sync songs and couldn't be bothered to update the tournament status to "In Progress" past the sign up date anyways. It kind of makes sense though, the site couldn't really handle more than 500 active users anyways.
You managed to take part in my Blitz where the whole -event- was only two weeks. Two weeks just to sign up seems good to me.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:35 PM   #404
psychoangel691
Event & Social Media Manager
All the things
Game ManagerForum ModeratorEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
psychoangel691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bel Air MD
Posts: 9,774
Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme2252 View Post
Two weeks for a game for a game that has monthly updates of unplayably out-of-sync songs and couldn't be bothered to update the tournament status to "In Progress" past the sign up date anyways. It kind of makes sense though, the site couldn't really handle more than 500 active users anyways.
Offsets exist for a reason

And yes my bad, I forgot to change the tag on the thread because I was juggling 100 other things. It's kinda low priority to the things that actually make the tournament function. Was a minor oversite that has no effect on anything.

Two weeks is standard for sign ups, and I can easily add people during the first round if necessary, it's just a simple message to me. I don't know what you're so angry about but it doesn't seem you enjoy this game very much now a days anyway.
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 10:55 PM   #405
V-Ormix
scan and band
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
V-Ormix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 4,549
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

kayla is top shelf tourney logistical :P hosting an even on this scale is impressive o:
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Guys, I worked really hard on that meme and it didn't get any attention. Please accept me into your social group.
In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 1 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at LumenDatabase.org.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
what if you woke up and a random stranger stood beside your bed just to say good morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
you'd tell them to fuck off
V-Ormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:43 PM   #406
psychoangel691
Event & Social Media Manager
All the things
Game ManagerForum ModeratorEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
psychoangel691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bel Air MD
Posts: 9,774
Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Heard there's still some confusion on D8. It's still a little bit of a work in progress because we went from only having 7 people to 16 so it kinda changes things up a bit. Everyone does still need to play, non submits will be dropped. I'll get back to you on exact elims soon.
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:49 PM   #407
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran
 
TheSaxRunner05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 30
Posts: 5,990
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

16-14-12-10-8-5-3-1 I'd suggest to stay consistent with other divisions
__________________


TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 11:54 PM   #408
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
MarioNintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Age: 26
Posts: 3,862
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Ormix View Post
kayla is top shelf tourney logistical :P hosting an even on this scale is impressive o:
I can confirm. I have had great success lately contacting psychoangel on discord about questions and suggestions as of late. If you're in a sticky situation, don't hesitate to contact her.
__________________
Click here to download my complete works!


Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Click the bricks


MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 12:05 AM   #409
psychoangel691
Event & Social Media Manager
All the things
Game ManagerForum ModeratorEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
psychoangel691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bel Air MD
Posts: 9,774
Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
16-14-12-10-8-5-3-1 I'd suggest to stay consistent with other divisions
We're not doing elims in the beginning rounds for D8, the plan was for the first 3 to be "qualifiers" that were cumulative then start elims after the first 3. Now with 16 I think 2 round is better to keep everything split well.


Edit: yes discord is best way Azlyn #4286

am streaming Apex atm though, this is kinda my nightly wind down lol.

Last edited by psychoangel691; 08-12-2019 at 12:07 AM..
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:04 AM   #410
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
One Winged Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Squat Rack
Age: 29
Posts: 10,727
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

TSR's suggestion is also cumulative for the first two rounds, it eliminates the bottom two at the end of the second round. It looks pretty clean to me and lines up top 8 with the other divisions as opposed to a round earlier.

Regardless I'm just hoping something is solidified soon, I'm out of state and my time to actually play this week is going to be cut extremely short. Knowing what's going on with the structure would be helpful in gauging what's relatively safe and what isn't.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:31 AM   #411
Xtreme2252
Typical Bronzie
FFR Veteran
 
Xtreme2252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BC, Canada
Age: 27
Posts: 181
Send a message via AIM to Xtreme2252 Send a message via MSN to Xtreme2252 Send a message via Yahoo to Xtreme2252 Send a message via Skype™ to Xtreme2252
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
You managed to take part in my Blitz where the whole -event- was only two weeks. Two weeks just to sign up seems good to me.
Because Gabba gave me a heads up on that event, otherwise I would have missed it. As you can tell, Gabba didn't catch the official tourney, which is why I missed it as well. I checked the site on the 10th, which was two days after the sign-up period. I figured the tourney would be around October, which is the time it was for the 10th tourney, and that it wouldn't be for some time anyways since to my knowledge it takes many months to review normal batches and tourney batches are bigger.
Xtreme2252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:37 AM   #412
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
dragonmegaXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 3,533
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post

Two weeks is standard for sign ups, and I can easily add people during the first round if necessary, it's just a simple message to me. I don't know what you're so angry about but it doesn't seem you enjoy this game very much now a days anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme2252 View Post
As you can tell, Gabba didn't catch the official tourney, which is why I missed it as well. I checked the site on the 10th, which was two days after the sign-up period. I figured the tourney would be around October, which is the time it was for the 10th tourney, and that it wouldn't be for some time anyways since to my knowledge it takes many months to review normal batches and tourney batches are bigger.
Are you blind or just ignorant?
__________________
dragonmegaXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:41 AM   #413
psychoangel691
Event & Social Media Manager
All the things
Game ManagerForum ModeratorEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
psychoangel691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bel Air MD
Posts: 9,774
Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Well it's set to that now for D8, first two round cumulative
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:24 AM   #414
Aquellex
Game Boy Connoiseur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Aquellex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 21
Posts: 151
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

I gotta say I love the D8 Unicorn colour :P
__________________

Twitter & SoundCloud


Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
NASA should be using stepmania to do fluid dynamic simulations
Aquellex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:41 AM   #415
Dinglesberry
arrow
FFR Veteran
 
Dinglesberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,400
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme2252 View Post
Because Gabba gave me a heads up on that event, otherwise I would have missed it. As you can tell, Gabba didn't catch the official tourney, which is why I missed it as well. I checked the site on the 10th, which was two days after the sign-up period. I figured the tourney would be around October, which is the time it was for the 10th tourney, and that it wouldn't be for some time anyways since to my knowledge it takes many months to review normal batches and tourney batches are bigger.
how hard is it to check a website more often than once a month?
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:00 PM   #416
Josemba
.
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Josemba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Age: 25
Posts: 200
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Probably I won't play today rip
Josemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:15 PM   #417
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 24
Posts: 5,061
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
You can see some of his other work over at his website, NappinKraken.com, to get an idea of what's being produced (similar in scale to the DDR arrow charms in his portfolio). Don't have concept images yet because they haven't been made yet, but he does have the high-scale models of the logo to work with, so I've got hopes they will turn out nice.
Concept art is in, have a look!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014



gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:13 PM   #418
IwasAsquidOnce
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
IwasAsquidOnce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 356
Send a message via Skype™ to IwasAsquidOnce
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

put me in d6!!!

pls im sorry im late i been gone

i need it

Last edited by IwasAsquidOnce; 08-12-2019 at 06:13 PM..
IwasAsquidOnce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:51 PM   #419
Swedcxzaq
FFR Player
 
Swedcxzaq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Age: 18
Posts: 39
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
Concept art is in, have a look!

They look sick! I like the second one more tho
Swedcxzaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:57 AM   #420
hi19hi19
lol happy
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
hi19hi19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: DESTINY
Age: 28
Posts: 11,980
Default Re: 12th Official Tournament

Love the second one!
__________________



hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution