Old 05-14-2019, 10:56 AM   #161
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Multiplayer ModeratorEvent StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
rushyrulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 72 billion club, NE
Age: 27
Posts: 12,372
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
I've gone through 13 of the easy batch files out of the 31 that were submitted... was a somewhat discouraging start because of difficulty for some of them. I'm gonna have to reevaluate easier files in the cutoff range to give myself a sense of what things appear to be in game, but I have a feeling at least one of the files is going to get rejected because of difficulty.
too easy or too hard?
__________________


Last edited by rushyrulz; 05-14-2019 at 10:56 AM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:30 PM   #162
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
TC_Halogen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 18,589
Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

In the upper bound of the cutoff range (too hard).
TC_Halogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:26 AM   #163
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Veteran
 
Hateandhatred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 29
Posts: 1,779
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
Hey guys, didn't forget! I went through parts of the older batch before realizing that I never asked anyone who fixed stuff to let me know if they did -- gotta request a query run on the database to see the last updated date of all of the files.

I've gone through 13 of the easy batch files out of the 31 that were submitted... was a somewhat discouraging start because of difficulty for some of them. I'm gonna have to reevaluate easier files in the cutoff range to give myself a sense of what things appear to be in game, but I have a feeling at least one of the files is going to get rejected because of difficulty.
WOW if it's us, we don't mind stripping it down a little if the file still meets your quality standards (if not well it's irrelevant lmao). Just talked about it with Luis and, well, we knew we were treading right on the line anyway.
__________________


FMO AAAs (click on title for replays):
ETERNAL DRAIN [Heavy] (67)
,
Fast Asleep (67)
,
dr1 (73)



Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
something something nate lever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Humor, pls keep away if easily triggered
I don't fucking know there is apparently more genders in 2019 than there are concentration camp victims
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
SHUT UP SVEN I KNOW I'M PLAYING BAD

Quote:
Det är okej om djuret är större än du.
Hateandhatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:14 PM   #164
psychoangel691
Event & Social Media Manager
All the things
Game ManagerForum ModeratorEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
psychoangel691's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bel Air MD
Posts: 9,723
Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Imma come outta hibernating and try to take a looksie at these myself as another set of eyes. I haven't been around much after dealing with (and still dealing with) a myriad of health issues.
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2019, 07:10 AM   #165
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
MarioNintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Age: 26
Posts: 3,858
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

That's great news I'm hyped
__________________
Click here to download my complete works!


Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Click the bricks


MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2019, 08:03 AM   #166
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Veteran
 
Hateandhatred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 29
Posts: 1,779
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
That's great news I'm hyped
lmao
__________________


FMO AAAs (click on title for replays):
ETERNAL DRAIN [Heavy] (67)
,
Fast Asleep (67)
,
dr1 (73)



Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
something something nate lever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Humor, pls keep away if easily triggered
I don't fucking know there is apparently more genders in 2019 than there are concentration camp victims
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
SHUT UP SVEN I KNOW I'M PLAYING BAD

Quote:
Det är okej om djuret är större än du.
Hateandhatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2019, 10:01 AM   #167
Moria
married to ponies
FFR Veteran
 
Moria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 436
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Had a dream that all the files I stepped but never shared (cause I don't like sharing) got submitted, accepted and found its way to the weekly(lol?) releases, just here to comfort myself and be sure it was all a dream

gl with the tourney!!
Moria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:34 PM   #168
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
MarioNintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Age: 26
Posts: 3,858
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Goddamit guys lol
__________________
Click here to download my complete works!


Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Click the bricks


MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:44 PM   #169
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Veteran
 
Hateandhatred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 29
Posts: 1,779
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
Goddamit guys lol
__________________


FMO AAAs (click on title for replays):
ETERNAL DRAIN [Heavy] (67)
,
Fast Asleep (67)
,
dr1 (73)



Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
something something nate lever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Humor, pls keep away if easily triggered
I don't fucking know there is apparently more genders in 2019 than there are concentration camp victims
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
SHUT UP SVEN I KNOW I'M PLAYING BAD

Quote:
Det är okej om djuret är större än du.
Hateandhatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:51 PM   #170
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 24
Posts: 5,043
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

If you guys need an extra set of eyes reviewing stuff, I don't mind assisting despite lacking a simfile judge badge. Work has cleared up for me, and I am 100% free on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014




Last edited by gold stinger; 06-27-2019 at 06:52 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:50 PM   #171
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
MarioNintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Age: 26
Posts: 3,858
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
If you guys need an extra set of eyes reviewing stuff, I don't mind assisting despite lacking a simfile judge badge. Work has cleared up for me, and I am 100% free on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
Don't bother
__________________
Click here to download my complete works!


Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Click the bricks


MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:09 PM   #172
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
One Winged Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Squat Rack
Age: 29
Posts: 10,720
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

I'll preface by saying I don't really care about the tournament itself, but feel compelled to address something after having spent a good chunk of time on this site.

Looking at the current staff roster, it's clear that only 10% of those users (if even that large of a percentage) have contributed something meaningful in relation to their staff role in the past months (maybe even past year or two..) It's quite clear that FFR has just sort of 'existed' for a while now, with meaningful updates outside of monthly song releases practically non-existent, and there seems to be no visible intention to get the ball rolling on any other fronts.

I mean I get it, we have lives. We're older than we used to be and now need to delegate more time to more important things that were non-issues years ago. Real life stuff can get pretty shitty which results in a lack of motivation to put in any time towards something that's ultimately far less important, like FFR. But the numerous self-imposed deadlines that inevitably end up blatantly ignored time and time again are a little more than irritating at this point. I honestly don't know if anyone qualified to run an official tournament even wants to do it at this point in the site's life. If the tournament comes to fruition anytime soon, it'll be less of a labor of love for the hosts and just much more stress for delivering what was promised very long ago. But for the users that are actually anticipating any sort of movement here, please stop instilling false hope.

Years ago when I no longer felt the motivation to contribute meaningfully to the site, I pretty quickly msg'd Max to relinquish my privileges and titles. It sucked after having invested so much time here, but I felt like I could be replaced by someone more active and more motivated. Yet simultaneously I see multiple users with high staffing roles that haven't logged into their accounts in weeks or months. It's heartbreaking.

I'm not sure what kind of game management/simfile judgment/events staff team could be reconstructed out of the current active userbase, but imo it's clear the current structure isn't working. I think the administrative team (or what's left of it) needs to put aside some time to tackle this issue. For those that have continued putting in work consistently however infrequent, it's vastly underappreciated, but thank you. For those that are burned out for one reason or another, it might be time to pass the torch, but we still love you guys.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 06-28-2019 at 06:36 PM..
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:54 PM   #173
Hateandhatred
"The Quebec Steparatist."
FFR Veteran
 
Hateandhatred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Age: 29
Posts: 1,779
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
I'll preface by saying I don't really care about the tournament itself, but feel compelled to address something after having spent a good chunk of time on this site.

Looking at the current staff roster, it's clear that only 10% of those users (if even that large of a percentage) have contributed something meaningful in relation to their staff role in the past months (maybe even past year or two..) It's quite clear that FFR has just sort of 'existed' for a while now, with meaningful updates outside of monthly song releases practically non-existent, and there seems to be no visible intention to get the ball rolling on any other fronts.

I mean I get it, we have lives. We're older than we used to be and now need to delegate more time to more important things that were non-issues years ago. Real life stuff can get pretty shitty which results in a lack of motivation to put in any time towards something that's ultimately far less important, like FFR. But the numerous self-imposed deadlines that inevitably end up blatantly ignored time and time again are a little more than irritating at this point. I honestly don't know if anyone qualified to run an official tournament even wants to do it at this point in the site's life. If the tournament comes to fruition anytime soon, it'll be less of a labor of love for the hosts and just much more stress for delivering what was promised very long ago. But for the users that are actually anticipating any sort of movement here, please stop instilling false hope.

Years ago when I no longer felt the motivation to contribute meaningfully to the site, I pretty quickly msg'd Max to relinquish my privileges and titles. It sucked after having invested so much time here, but I felt like I could be replaced by someone more active and more motivated. Yet simultaneously I see multiple users with high staffing roles that haven't logged into their accounts in weeks or months. It's heartbreaking.

I'm not sure what kind of game management/simfile judgment/events staff team could be reconstructed out of the current active userbase, but imo it's clear the current structure isn't working. I think the administrative team (or what's left of it) needs to put aside some time to tackle this issue. For those that have continued putting in work consistently however infrequent, it's vastly underappreciated, but thank you. For those that are burned out for one reason or another, it might be time to pass the torch, but we still love you guys.
That ranks pretty high among messages I've seen on this website.
__________________


FMO AAAs (click on title for replays):
ETERNAL DRAIN [Heavy] (67)
,
Fast Asleep (67)
,
dr1 (73)



Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
something something nate lever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Humor, pls keep away if easily triggered
I don't fucking know there is apparently more genders in 2019 than there are concentration camp victims
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
SHUT UP SVEN I KNOW I'M PLAYING BAD

Quote:
Det är okej om djuret är större än du.
Hateandhatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2019, 09:08 PM   #174
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
MarioNintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Age: 26
Posts: 3,858
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

+1
__________________
Click here to download my complete works!


Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Click the bricks


MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:57 AM   #175
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran
 
MarioNintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Age: 26
Posts: 3,858
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Alright. This is beyond ridiculous. I have nothing constructive to say.

I officially cancel this tournament forever. TC_Halogen and psychoangel691 are banned from hosting future official tournaments on FFR.
__________________
Click here to download my complete works!


Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Click the bricks


MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:58 AM   #176
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
rayword45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: My bed
Age: 22
Posts: 2,463
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

__________________
The above post has a 50% chance of being useless. Potentially. Maybe.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:05 AM   #177
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
xXOpkillerXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada,Quebec
Posts: 3,797
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Rip all the efforts put in from the stepartists. Hopefully the files will be released anyway
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:19 AM   #178
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Xiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cali4nia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,816
Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rip all the efforts put in from the stepartists. Hopefully the files will be released anyway
+1
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
White People™
Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:34 AM   #179
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
AutotelicBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Age: 26
Posts: 837
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

play my files
__________________
Play my files
AutotelicBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:08 PM   #180
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
One Winged Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Squat Rack
Age: 29
Posts: 10,720
Default Re: Official Tournament Special Batch

The lack of respect for the stepartists, anyone that put forth an effort to make a contribution towards getting the official moving, and the community as a whole is just embarrassing.

Allow me to be more transparent than I was in my last post: if you have no intention to fulfill your staff duties, which has been more than thoroughly demonstrated over the past year, resign.

Dossar or any staff member with access to FMAP, I strongly advise releasing charts that have been queued several years for a tournament that is most certainly not happening anytime soon. Reinstating SotW would give the community new content on a regular basis, and some simfilers may potentially reconsider their stance on the site at large, which I'm sure most have branded as some sort of joke. There are more benefits to starting this than continuing to wait and see if something is going to happen on this front. Nothing will.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution