Default Re: TWGXXXI - TWGreeD - Game Thread

Let it be known that I think syhto is SUSPECT for REASONS
Old 10-23-2018, 07:20 PM   #722
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Syhto

What about that jtwg game is similar to my game here so far? I think it is fairly dissimilar. Considering too, that game was the first twg I had played in years. All 3 people that brought it up were people that played in that game though. Maybe y'all know better than I do if I am acting in some way that is similar, but I don't see it. I feel like I am better adjusted at this point

to an extent ya know
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tao of Dossar
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:21 PM   #723
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
Let it be known that I think syhto is SUSPECT for REASONS
ok would you like a cookie
Quote:
I never self-reflect, and therefore, I have no negative thoughts about myself. However I am also aware about my successes.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:32 PM   #724
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syhto View Post
What about that jtwg game is similar to my game here so far? I think it is fairly dissimilar. Considering too, that game was the first twg I had played in years. All 3 people that brought it up were people that played in that game though. Maybe y'all know better than I do if I am acting in some way that is similar, but I don't see it. I feel like I am better adjusted at this point

to an extent ya know
I think I wasn't a player, but I was a mod of that game and I do think there is a world of difference between the two games.

I think the only notable similarity is the fact that you have pushed Anti-Pearl both times for the same reasoning, but I don't really think that its even that similar.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:42 PM   #725
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
ok would you like a cookie
How dare you. I am trying to live a healthier life tyvm
Old 10-23-2018, 07:55 PM   #726
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
How dare you. I am trying to live a healthier life tyvm
ok may i offer you a chilled michelob ultra
Quote:
Old 10-23-2018, 08:16 PM   #727
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Fuck yeah
Old 10-23-2018, 08:48 PM   #728
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknightsofneeee View Post
MML

this guy is a wolf
this guy's trying to vote at night, i think he's serious
Old 10-23-2018, 08:57 PM   #729
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
Indeed I can.

First, you're all terrible at this game. Secondly, I urge everyone to follow the basics of the mechanics I set out. Investigators, tracker/watchers, etc. should all report immediately, as all roles are one-shot in nature.

Pay attention to how that wagon developed.

Mellon is my actual top suspect; I went with Charu because he was top 3 and was the alternate wagon at the moment. My top town reads remain; I'm souring on Sunfan, whose analysis felt opportunistic.

Truthfully, I don't have any super strong definitive reads on D1; that's how this game works, but that's also why voting someone visible on D1 is dumb. I'm this game's Gradient.
without having any idea of if he knew when his kind of twilight zone alive-ness would be cut off i think i like this

like he was just writing quick as he could to get thoughts on the page and able to get this out, given that he was responding to a post made 7 minutes after deadline and it seemed to take him 3 minutes

i think his use of the word "visible" is a little loose, too
Old 10-23-2018, 09:33 PM   #730
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

I'm going to be sad if prec ended up being a wolf
Old 10-23-2018, 10:50 PM   #731
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
Ok cool let's do this.

So both Precarious and Raeko started off as null for me. Raeko being suspicious of Precarious isn't scummy in and of itself, but what scummy was this:

Precarious already stated his reasoning for why his posts aren't updated, and it's definitely within his meta to do so. She's played at least as many (probably more) games with Prec than I have, so attacking Precarious for that reasoning and not something else (I saw some voted for Precarious due to his reads list) makes Raeko look like she's grasping at straws more than anything.

Because we don't have flips, I can't analyze her posts in the context of the card flip. If Precarious is actually scum, then it looks really good for her; however, I don't know that. I'm going to operate on the read that I had before: that Precarious is super duper null. Perhaps even kinda town, considering that CFD at the end.

Whenever I would wolfread Jess, I looked for the same thing. Jess struggled a lot with fabricating wolf reads when she played the game, so I was able to easily peg her as a wolf both games she played on FFR. During Danganronpa, I voted (and accidentally bussed too hard sorry) Raeko for doing the same thing, and she was a wolf then. I don't know her meta really, but there could be a chance that she has issues with fabricating wolf reads when she's scum.

However, this isn't a very substantial read, which is why I was going to hold off until the next phase.

Neeee wasn't suspicious for suspecting Precarious in my eyes because, well, I'm assuming Neeee doesn't have much experience with the dude (especially after the "prec makes one-liners" comment). I actually really admire the way Precarious plays and I wish I were as patient as him to make content-laden posts... that's besides the point, though. Prec tries, y'all.

And with that, I gotta get to actually posting thoughts about the game... at some point.. huuuuuue.
I reread EOD

re: suspicion on raeko
gotcha, but I guess I don't get why you waited to elaborate. this probably doesn't mean anything though considering raeko wasn't really a lynch candidate

re: precarious
tbh he does this style every game and doesn't really deviate from it, so saying it's within his town meta is equal to saying it's within his wolf meta here. see: fire emblem
it is a fair criticism from raeko because it doesn't benefit town to just sit and drill in the past and not really talk with people in the present

re: raeko
it's not like her vote came out of nowhere within the last 15 minutes, she called out precarious for not keeping up and then followed up by voting him an hour later
shyto's vote coming out last is a bit odd since she wanted to lynch raeko/mml, but deferred to Precarious because she didn't want to lynch charu
charu's vote is self-pres, so that's really only gonna be determined by reading charu in general
sunfan's vote is also a bit hop-skip, but I've seen townfan shift his votes like a madman at eod like this before. still pretty ??? on him in general though

reads in general would look like

cool ppl
neeee
ind
manti

people that are generally fine
charu

people that I'm still deciding
sunfan
dabackpack
fg

people that give me question marks
raeko
hakulyte
mml

people that look kinda shady
shyto

people that look pretty shady
wv
Old 10-23-2018, 10:56 PM   #732
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

Mfw

Roundbox seems to be defending Mellon a lot, but I dont remember her interacting with the thread much at all in comparison to everyone else. The idea that she was getting onto Prec for not being helpful is kinda a pot kettle black situation, no?
Quote:
Old 10-23-2018, 11:00 PM   #733
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Mfw

Roundbox seems to be defending Mellon a lot, but I dont remember her interacting with the thread much at all in comparison to everyone else. The idea that she was getting onto Prec for not being helpful is kinda a pot kettle black situation, no?
criticizing fg's point on raeko and me having a slight negative perception of raeko are not mutually exclusive ideas
when have I ever implied raeko was town
Old 10-23-2018, 11:05 PM   #734
Syhto
BuMP it
FFR Veteran

The defense didn't imply she was town, just that her behavior isn't suspect. You also told me whenever I asked if it was typical for her to be sporadic that her behavior so far is within her range, in more or less words. And you got onto me for the "timing" of my statement of suspicion on her, but really it seems like a deflecting device to subtract from the suspicion

That's just how I am feeling it
Quote:
Old 10-23-2018, 11:16 PM   #735
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

hey roundbox/(person who is townreading knights) can you talk to me about why

i don't really have misgivings so much as i'm afraid

his post about people who were around and doing stuff at eod felt like he was playing to something that people like sunfan and i would value. potential anti-alignment with sunfan because i have doubts he posts that if it's meant to have this effect solely on me

he might feel obligated to fool me but he usually does that anyway when he is wolfin

one thing that reassures me is that when he reads me, it hasn't felt so far like he's treating me specifically differently or anything
Old 10-23-2018, 11:29 PM   #736
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post

his post about people who were around and doing stuff at eod felt like he was playing to something that people like sunfan and i would value. potential anti-alignment with sunfan because i have doubts he posts that if it's meant to have this effect solely on me

he might feel obligated to fool me but he usually does that anyway when he is wolfin

one thing that reassures me is that when he reads me, it hasn't felt so far like he's treating me specifically differently or anything
he said words on d0 and that made me think he was not a great lynch

some of his questions were... good and maybe even great but not outside of his range etc etc

I don't think that I felt like he was playing differently around me or you so specifically comment on that part there

I will be keeping an eye on him and looking for one thing in particular

Old 10-23-2018, 11:38 PM   #737
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:

lemme read that post to see what you think his appeals are

I think his entrance in general and his post about "I don't have to know the context to find posts as wolfy" in response to Charu felt good
Old 10-23-2018, 11:40 PM   #738
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I don't think that I felt like he was playing differently around me or you so specifically comment on that part there
you mean you want me to talk more about it? your sentence confuses me a bit

like in other places he's usually on record as one of the people who has a number of games in with me and makes some attempt at reading me, and we've been opposite alignments some large number of times so i get to see him do that when he's wolfin. it's a similar thing here where he's more of an outsider but he's played with us loads, so i thought the scenario could present itself again

didn't really happen here besides him coming in at first and saying i might be posting weird
Old 10-23-2018, 11:45 PM   #739
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknightsofneeee View Post
people actively participating in conversation probably >rand to be villagers

that would be

knights
shyto
charu
sunfan
inD

dbp(to a lesser extent)

people who are just popping in to drop 1 liners or are not really solving/doing much at EoD probably >rand wolves

perc
WV
mellon
funnygurl
you talking about this post?
Old 10-23-2018, 11:48 PM   #740
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
you mean you want me to talk more about it? your sentence confuses me a bit

like in other places he's usually on record as one of the people who has a number of games in with me and makes some attempt at reading me, and we've been opposite alignments some large number of times so i get to see him do that when he's wolfin. it's a similar thing here where he's more of an outsider but he's played with us loads, so i thought the scenario could present itself again

didn't really happen here besides him coming in at first and saying i might be posting weird
sorry, that should say [to] comment specifically on it

Closed Thread