Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2018, 07:58 PM   #81
V-Ormix
lego candies
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
V-Ormix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 25
Posts: 4,217
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

dood projectors are awesome its like having a big tv
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Guys, I worked really hard on that meme and it didn't get any attention. Please accept me into your social group.
In response to a complaint we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 1 result(s) from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaint that caused the removal(s) at LumenDatabase.org.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
what if you woke up and a random stranger stood beside your bed just to say good morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
you'd tell them to fuck off
V-Ormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:15 PM   #82
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
rayword45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: My bed
Age: 21
Posts: 2,055
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Lol PayPal pwned daddy jones lolol
__________________
The above post has a 50% chance of being useless. Potentially. Maybe.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:21 PM   #83
aperson
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
aperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,095
Send a message via AIM to aperson
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

uh how will i know if the gay frogs are crisis actors now??
__________________
aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:28 PM   #84
Aquellex
Game Boy Connoiseur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Aquellex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Australian Capital Territory
Age: 20
Posts: 112
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Doxxing forgoes freedom of speech and discourse and escalates the situation

It opens the door for counterdoxxing and before you know it, who is acceptable to dox and why are lowered and everyone who disagrees with each other is subject to having their life ruined

It is a slippery slope

This is what happens when freedom of speech isn't protected, when you are disallowing debating the Nazis in the marketplace of ideas, you are openly inviting the only alternative: the war of threats and violence
__________________
Twitter & SoundCloud
Aquellex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 10:57 AM   #85
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
FFR Veteran
 
gold stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 23
Posts: 4,673
Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
Lol PayPal pwned daddy jones lolol
important bump and very relevant to thread topic

I think it's just a thing now for economic superpower companies to ban Alex Jones at this point, because literally nothing good can come from keeping it around other than attempting to vouch for freedom of speech whilst having the one kid in the back of the room scream obscure and hateful things.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
butts.



- Tosh 2014




Last edited by gold stinger; 09-22-2018 at 10:59 AM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:32 AM   #86
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
rayword45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: My bed
Age: 21
Posts: 2,055
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquellex View Post
It is a slippery slope

This is what happens when freedom of speech isn't protected, when you are disallowing debating the Nazis in the marketplace of ideas, you are openly inviting the only alternative: the war of threats and violence
__________________
The above post has a 50% chance of being useless. Potentially. Maybe.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:41 AM   #87
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator
 
mellonxcollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Confirmed.
Age: 27
Posts: 1,386
Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

freedom of speech more like freedom to peddle snake oil bullshit

LOL @ anyone who thinks the dude has an actual message beyond selling useless shit
__________________
Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:28 PM   #88
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Global Moderator, User Support
Global ModeratorFFR Veteran
 
devonin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 34
Posts: 9,634
Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
This is what happens when freedom of speech isn't protected
Freedom of Speech that is incitement to violence isn't protected here, and largely isn't protected in the United States, and yet the wheels of society manage to turn.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:37 PM   #89
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 24
Posts: 209
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Freedom of Speech that is incitement to violence isn't protected here, and largely isn't protected in the United States, and yet the wheels of society manage to turn.
same but with profanity too
I think I said this in TGB recently but

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it" doesn't seem quite right to me.
I don't wanna die for the KKK's right to be the KKK (please ignore that this is the right to assembly and not the freedom of speech)
__________________
this does not leave my signature until there is a stats sheet for FFRTWG games.
please bug me to finish the stats if you see this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Hot take: hot take is just a refined name to give a shitpost
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:07 PM   #90
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
SKG_Scintill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 26
Posts: 3,707
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

I'm with Aquellex though

The idea that corporations have the power to take away people's rights (to speak in this case) parallel to but outside of the judgment system is disgusting.

Also silencing them only stops them from saying shit.
But if you won't actually talk to them (and ideally change their mind in your case), they will continue wanting to say said shit.
You won't be fixing the actual shit problem, just piling it up and putting it where you can't see it.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
.
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:35 PM   #91
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 24
Posts: 209
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
I'm with Aquellex though

The idea that corporations have the power to take away people's rights (to speak in this case) parallel to but outside of the judgment system is disgusting.

Also silencing them only stops them from saying shit.
But if you won't actually talk to them (and ideally change their mind in your case), they will continue wanting to say said shit.
You won't be fixing the actual shit problem, just piling it up and putting it where you can't see it.
It stops their spread of ideas.
__________________
this does not leave my signature until there is a stats sheet for FFRTWG games.
please bug me to finish the stats if you see this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Hot take: hot take is just a refined name to give a shitpost
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #92
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
SKG_Scintill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 26
Posts: 3,707
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

it'll just get told 'round in private
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
.
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:59 PM   #93
PixlSM
FFR Player
 
PixlSM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 300
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

why is this thread still up
PixlSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:01 PM   #94
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 24
Posts: 209
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
it'll just get told 'round in private
Where less people will hear it?
Fine with me.
__________________
this does not leave my signature until there is a stats sheet for FFRTWG games.
please bug me to finish the stats if you see this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Hot take: hot take is just a refined name to give a shitpost
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:19 PM   #95
dAnceguy117
please be partient
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
dAnceguy117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: GA
Age: 28
Posts: 9,970
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixlSM View Post
why is this thread still up
Why lock it?
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:02 PM   #96
Funnygurl555
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 21
Posts: 1,645
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
"I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it" doesn't seem quite right to me.
I don't wanna die for the KKK's right to be the KKK (please ignore that this is the right to assembly and not the freedom of speech)
me neither, but in a nicer world where all they hurled at colored folks were words, i wouldn't be fighting against their right to exist either

alex jones isn't comparable to the kkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
LOL @ anyone who thinks the dude has an actual message beyond selling useless shit
i don't think anyone was speaking to the value of alex jones's message. posting this makes me question your reading comprehension abilities
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 09-22-2018 at 08:05 PM..
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:06 PM   #97
Aquellex
Game Boy Connoiseur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran
 
Aquellex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Australian Capital Territory
Age: 20
Posts: 112
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

sorry guys but I wasn't being sincere, I just stole those words from a deleted Glink video
__________________
Twitter & SoundCloud
Aquellex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:37 PM   #98
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 24
Posts: 209
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
me neither, but in a nicer world where all they hurled at colored folks were words, i wouldn't be fighting against their right to exist either

alex jones isn't comparable to the kkk
I mean, nowadays they aren't really doing much from what little I understand.
Ain't what they used to be.
But I get what you're saying.

I do think words are pretty strong though.
__________________
this does not leave my signature until there is a stats sheet for FFRTWG games.
please bug me to finish the stats if you see this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
Wait, V has a pregnant wife? I thought he was gay with sun fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
Hot take: hot take is just a refined name to give a shitpost
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:27 AM   #99
Funnygurl555
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran
 
Funnygurl555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 21
Posts: 1,645
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I do think words are pretty strong though.
but whose fault is it when someone becomes violent based on what they hear?

rebecca black received death threats after releasing friday, and that music video was innocuous af

the fact that words can incite violence reflects negatively on our culture but not on those who are speaking
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
is funny eaman?
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
There comes a point where we have to ask our selves, "do we really want to deal with that, desperate as we are?"

I think we can all agree on the answer, yeah?

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 09-23-2018 at 04:27 AM..
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:48 AM   #100
Ksl33zy24
The New York Yankees
FFR Veteran
 
Ksl33zy24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cicero, NY
Age: 35
Posts: 1,028
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Funny thing about this thread topic... Four (4) people in here are banned. lmao (You know what, lmao may have been a bit too much.)

Last edited by Ksl33zy24; 09-23-2018 at 07:16 AM..
Ksl33zy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution