Old 02-15-2018, 02:15 PM   #21
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: carpal tunnel is real

I'm still not worried about my hands, but I do am getting worried about my shoulders. I didn't expect the long term effects of resting my arm on the table to slowly move anything.

At this point, I can crack my elbow for some reason, but it doesn't hurt or affect me in any way. My shoulder on the other hand occasionally hurt if I raise my arms while playing which usually gives me more speed, but with a cost. Most of the damage to my shoulder happened at work and not while playing rhythm games.

I've been compromising from raising arms to being on the border of resting my arms, but I feel like I won't get D7 that way. I'm not the type to risk health so, I've been more than happy to just grind AAAs on easier charts. It's still good enough for 70-90s.

I do have players who encourage me to go for FFR Rank from time to time, but I'd rather not unless I feel like I can do it comfortably.

Carpal tunnel is real, but fairly avoidable if you play safely. It's all about how you pace yourself while you play.

I also agree with the 2-3 hours sessions max because it allows you to warm up, reach a peak and go for a sequence of scores. Past a certain point, concentration/speed/control will drop and you may as well just take a break and continue another day.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:34 PM   #22
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Re: carpal tunnel is real

I wish I approached this game much differently when I first started. Now I’m fucked for life.
AND watch anime.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote