Old 06-30-2016, 01:04 PM   #1
Xenorosth
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Finally Signs of Improvement!

Well, for all my bitching, a visit to the eye doctor and a bunch practice has seemed to show me why I'm D3. While I'm majorly disadvantaged by the d3's current file due to the nature of me sucking and hands and jumps compared, I'm starting to get to where I was, and I feel perhaps I might be even better than the average d3 in some areas.

However, it's sort of odd. I feel myself getting better in a different way. There are a lot of weaknesses with spread I'm noticing, but at the same time, noticing my index scores, the style of the files that I am good at now are massively different. When I was an index player stream files were my thing, I might have an AAA on Gausian Blur or something. However, I'm noticing that my sort of style seems to really shine at bursty kinda files, as well as very fluid ones with BPM changes all around.

Regardless, here are a few replays I can finally say I'm proud of.

I'm not convinced this is a 60, buuuut...

Moar Piano.

BZZZT.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:07 PM   #2
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Finally Signs of Improvement!

tgpw1 is solid

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 02:30 PM   #3
cedolad
moonchild~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

Yeah thats a solid run for sure. Big Boss is pretty good for those shitty bursts, but I def think you can clean that up with a few more runs.

Glad to see you're improving, post more scores man!
Old 07-3-2016, 01:57 AM   #4
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Good job. I see you're definitely more of a visual player. High speedmod + good at bursts = lots of reliance on sight recognition of patterns. This is going to serve you well when you start to play mid-60s well and all those wonderful Venetian Snares files (HEAVY SARCASM)

Now comes the time when you must attack your weaknesses. Play stream files. The lower end of Dance 2 is full of 46-60 for you to practice on, and I still have issues with really old files like Splash Beats, Lunar Saturation and BB Euro even today.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-3-2016, 08:55 AM   #5
Xenorosth
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
Good job. I see you're definitely more of a visual player. High speedmod + good at bursts = lots of reliance on sight recognition of patterns. This is going to serve you well when you start to play mid-60s well and all those wonderful Venetian Snares files (HEAVY SARCASM)

Now comes the time when you must attack your weaknesses. Play stream files. The lower end of Dance 2 is full of 46-60 for you to practice on, and I still have issues with really old files like Splash Beats, Lunar Saturation and BB Euro even today.
I've mentioned this before, but I suppose this sort of fits in with the "physical capability" sort of thing. Certain things are far harder to do, not because I can't see them, but because my hands feel like they just sort of "lock up", and even some patterns just wind up hurting my hand. Below is sort of an example of it happening. Spread has it's advantages. Stream is not one of them, and it's just to the point where if the stream is over a certain BPM, than my hands just kind of stop working. Random arrows that I think I hit, aren't hit despite me visually seeing the arrow. My hands just don't seem fast enough. Literally. And I've not really found a solution past this. When I played index, this wasn't a problem, but finding songs with 3 notes, and the arrow keys simply not able to register 3 different directions at the same time, I simply wasn't able to tap out 32 note bursts. It seems that it was a trade off. No more streams+jumpstreams in trade for the ability to hit hands and bursts. Quite frustrating really.

Old 07-3-2016, 04:49 PM   #6
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Just looking at your stats and your level ranks, I have some ideas of suggestions. I'm gonna watch the replay of Gaussian Blur 3 and then I'll post my full thoughts...

Alright, so I watched a bit of the replay. You start out pretty good with good accuracy, but get overwhelmed a bit during the full stream and begin to drop alot of goods.

If you play a song and get a ton of goods on it like that, it means the song is a bit out of your skill level. Your fingers are obviously getting tangled up on the streams because they are a bit too fast for your current skill level, the only thing you can do to work on this is to focus on similar patterns in songs that are a bit slower. If you are accurately hitting the streams, your fingers shouldn't be getting tangled up, unless its too fast.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...name=Xenorosth

I'm looking at your scores, and what I notice is that the majority of your top scores were from 5 years ago or 3 years ago. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, perhaps it while you were indexing, so you definitely have the potential to get to that level with spread.

So that being said, I'll just focus on the scores that were recent. The thing is, even if I scroll down to the scores in the top 70-100 range, there are still a ton of them that are years old. Other than your score on TGWP pt1, your best most recent score was on big boss, a level 59 song, and you got an AAA equiv of 42.

My suggestion: take a look at your top 100 scores page, and try your best to replace every score with recent ones. Obviously only the top 15 count, but from 15 and down the AAA equivalency is ~39. I think you can definitely AAA some level 39-40 songs, and they would still replace your best scores.

So if you want to improve, the best way to go about doing it, if you want to follow my advice, is focus on playing songs that are in your bounds, and replacing the old scores. Focus on accuracy and AAA equivalence, try your best to SDG songs. You should play songs that are level 40-45. If you SDG them, the AAA equivalence will be around 40, which is higher than alot of your scores. Once you replace all your scores, you can continue to replace all your scores and improve.

But yeah, overall, as a start I would focus on replacing all my old scores with more recent ones. If you can SDG songs in the 40-45 range (which also have good streams to practice), then work your way up to SDGing songs in the 46-50 range, you'll probably be able to replace the majority of your scores, including ones in the top 15. Obviously in the past when you indexed you were able to drop AAA equivs of 52, but you need to focus on the current skill and not go out of your bounds.

EDIT: Also, a really good way to practice I've found is to work on getting your highest rank SDG. The thing that made me start improving the most rapidly was when I realized that a songs rank wasn't based on "difficulty to play" so to speak, but rather difficulty to AAA. Since I realized, I've been working on progressing by playing songs of certain difficulties and trying to SDG higher and higher, rather than just mindlessly playing high level songs and getting 100-200 goods. Currently I'm at around low to mid 60s, I have a couple of 62 SDGs and I'm close to 63, so I'm currently practicing around that range.

In the past, I would have just grinded high 60/mid 70 songs thinking I was amazing, dropping 100-200 goods. Obviously a factor to improving is working on your speed and stamina, but a large part is being able to consistently hit patterns accurately, and you need this accurate speed, not just mindless spam speed.

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 07-3-2016 at 05:13 PM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote