Old 06-25-2016, 05:49 AM   #121
JotaCeOK
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to JotaCeOK
Default Re: Official Tournament Round 1 Files

I like the song on D3, is true that I needed some restart to do my best score (well, I missed in the trill on the middle and the ending and avoid some goods in easy parts) but nothing impossible of improve with some retrys.

Considering that I had not warmed up and played with the nerves that I have always when competing.. I feel very satisfied, and can improve my score in the rest of the week.

Last edited by JotaCeOK; 06-25-2016 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: Sorry for my bad English, I am still learning >.<
JotaCeOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:57 AM   #122
V-Ormix
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenorosth View Post
The original topic was that I felt the d3 file was harder than the d4 one. I'm well aware of the rules for the tournament as I've been in three of them, and I follow them, but if someone asks a question, I will answer honestly. What I care about is a reason to keep playing in the tournament. If I gave a damn about how people feel about me on how I treat myself with this tournament, I wouldn't post at all. I wouldn't even address my opinion on the d3/d4 file difficulty in the first place.

And if you really wanted me to stop arguing with you about it stop replying. Directly addressing me prompts a response, and what perhaps could be seen as more violation of rules. If you haven't noticed, I stopped replying to people who simply said "stop bitching" or "remove yourself" for two reasons. Because one, it gets no where, and two, because I've already said I'm not playing the file anymore, and I haven't since my first post on this thread. If you genuinely have issues with my posts, there's a report button. Report my post and have it taken down instead of trying to take matters into your own hands. If you want to address me about the issue off the forums, there is a private message board where you can. Thank you.
You're elaborations in order to justify the white noise that's beginning to saturate this thread could leave anyone to think you're oblivious to the reality that of the many attending, no one else seems to have the many issues with compliance you do...

Last edited by V-Ormix; 06-25-2016 at 05:57 AM..
V-Ormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:40 AM   #123
GammaBlaster
FFR Player

might not be able to play FFR at peak at all, weather is way too cold here l0l, can't afford to turn on the heater
GammaBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:43 AM   #124
MikeShinoda12345
*\(^o^)/*

Wow I'm happy I played the other files because Insignia is hella fun. Follow You had a more difficult ending than I was expecting, but Red Sphere Blue Sphere is way way more difficult and I feel like if you're getting similar scores on the two songs it's a consistency issue.
(And in my experience, consistency is the first thing to go after going on hiatus)

Insignia is sooo fun though
MikeShinoda12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:48 AM   #125
blanky!
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to blanky!

Hi it's blanky! (or ___________) coming out of the dead (but not really because I've been sorta active on ffr/twitch).

Loved all of the songs, which is something you don't hear from me very often. Maybe it's just gameboy(Xx42069xX) and his awesome layering??

D1: Nice downtempo beat to it, great song, good beginner file (song certainly appeals to them!)
D2: Another great dubstep song, not much to say
D3: Loved hearing the arpeggios, some tricky bursts here and there, lots of diversity
D4: Sonic sound effects were pretty awesome. Trills were troll (hi capoeira). Good opener.
D5: t+pazolite never failing to impress and this was no exception. Jacks made this file quite memorable, particularly the jumpjacks with one-handed transitions
D6: Opening trills were troll. Bursts were good. Middle jumpstream was a great buildup. All the layering made perfect sense and made me feel like I was performing this on a live piano.
D7: After not playing competitively for over a year this is 3hardpain5me but the difficulty almost guarantees no AAA-or-die situation (which is always a good sign for D7!).
blanky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:23 AM   #126
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
If I were remotely close to the other people in d3, I'd not feel so bad. But almost everyone has passed me with significantly less effort than I put. I'm not even close. The person above me is literally 20 goods away, and the person behind me is one perfect or so from passing me. There's the idea of being "good enough" for d3, but then there's also the fact that I know deep down I'm not d3, what the hell am I doing here? It's like being an art major with a GPA of 2.0 getting thrown into a Physics 2 class for honors students. Shit's not going to go well. Am I honored to be there? No. I'm going to say I want to be put in an area where I can actually function.
You're doing better in D3 than I am in D2, and my scores that got me placed here are YEARS older than yours. Just play or don't.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:34 AM   #127
sickufully
Sir Krisk
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaBlaster View Post
might not be able to play FFR at peak at all, weather is way too cold here l0l, can't afford to turn on the heater
I was about to post 'Suck it up princess, I have to deal with this too' but then I looked at BOM and Canberra was the only one in the negatives. Makes Melb look warm lol.
Old 06-25-2016, 08:44 AM   #128
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I hope the D7 cutoff is a high teens or something.

Ha.

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:54 AM   #129
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Woah, I'm horrid at this game. The D2 song is hard to me (granted I haven't actually played much in years), but still. Oh well, going to have to see if my friend has an external keyboard because apparently my laptop doesn't want to hit hands properly O_O
evanescence_death4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:09 AM   #130
Dynam0
The Dominator

I wish this was three years ago when my keyboard wasn't restricted to 1 usable setup and the game actually ran well. Actually debating ordering a new keyboard if I can get fiffer to run smooth somehow

the D7 file is really fun though barring that shit above^

Last edited by Dynam0; 06-25-2016 at 09:10 AM..
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:36 AM   #131
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

is this where i post my feedback on how the age of empires 2 hd edition minimap is the worst minimap i've ever seen or used in my life

it's even worse than ffr's minimap
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:06 AM   #132
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescence_death4ever View Post
Woah, I'm horrid at this game. The D2 song is hard to me (granted I haven't actually played much in years), but still. Oh well, going to have to see if my friend has an external keyboard because apparently my laptop doesn't want to hit hands properly O_O
We have not that horribly different scores. Rivalry engaged!
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:34 AM   #133
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Well what the hell is this file's? Because it feels like it's a 60 too. It's harder than (unless I'm missing something there) {Rose} or {Frozen}, and {Frozen} is a 58.
You really are nuts if you think the stream in Follow You is anything like {Rose} or {Frozen}

Quote:
I'm expecting to only last 1-2 rounds regardless of where I am d3+. All of my best scores are 5 years ago, and I don't even know if all of them are mine because I had a friend who was better than me who played a few rounds on my account. That was when I was in high school, so it may very well be it wasn't actually my score. The only ones that I know for sure that are mine are the ones from previous tournaments.
I honestly can't believe no one else said anything about the bolded part here. I can blacklist your account and ban you right now over that regardless of how long ago it was. Lucky for you I find it hilarious that you shot yourself in the foot by cheating and ending up in a higher division for it. You literally have no one to blame but yourself for that and probably should just leave with your head down. Though, I should probably wipe your skill tokens, since they were probably obtained by your better friend.

Quote:
I would agree, but considering this only happens once a year, it's kinda hard not to be a bit salty being shot down because of scores you did 5 years ago. It reminds of how good I was then, and how shit I was now. It's not just a "You can get this skill back" because I know for a fact that I have tokens I can't even think about touching again now. It's been five years. Five years. I played a lot three years ago, and the skill didn't come back then. So how am I going to be held to that standard? That, in a nutshell, is why I'm annoyed. In short, I feel like even if I wait a year, I'll just get shot down again. Either because I won't improve, or if I do, I'll be put in D4. It's what happened When I first got placed in d2 well before even the 8th tourny.
You can get the skill back if you're willing to work for it. You've already proven you aren't by quitting on even trying the file. Though then again you did just say your best scores were obtained by a friend, so yeah I guess you're right. Can't gain skill back you never had but you sure could get to that skill if you'd spend half as much time playing as you're spending whining in this thread.

Quote:
I'm aware, Frank, and I'm not bitching about "I should have been put in d2". I'm saying I know why I'm in d3, and it sucks because I know that there's no question on it. Bmah asked why I played, so I answered, and the answer included difficulty.

Secondly, I asked to be removed anyway, and it was ignored. In fact, if you've read, I've asked multiple times to be bumped up to d4, simply because I enjoy the file more, and feel that I'd have a better shot there than d3 due to the file type. I'd rather not have the d3 badge on my profile because I know I'm not ready for it. Bump me up, remove me, I honestly don't care since I know that I've no chance at even top 16. I'm already not going to play the file anymore anyway.
"I'm aware of the rules and have played in 3 of the 11 tournaments, but I'm going to break them anyway" <--- that's you. On the bolded part you were not ignored, at the time of this message from you it was 5am my time and the others were at 4am. I'm sorry that I am incapable of staying up 24/7 to attend to your tournament needs.

Oh wait

Quote:
I stopped playing the file after I got a better score on the d4. Unless I get bumped to a different tier, I'm not intent on playing it.
You've already effectively removed yourself from the tournament by not playing your division file. Looks like I don't need to do anything anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeLucien View Post
Question: When will the songs be given difficulty ratings? After the round is over?

D3 feels like ~55 to me
I'm actually not completely decided on that yet, will confer with other GMs and diff consultants and see what everyone thinks is best.

We definitely were not that high in the 50's on it, ooops XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

Last edited by psychoangel691; 06-25-2016 at 10:41 AM..
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:36 AM   #134
Toxophilis
( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
FFR Veteran

anyone else getting serious tree of savior vibes from D4's song or
Toxophilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:11 PM   #135
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
Also, I think that Carnaval is 80 and D6 is crazy.
OH YEA WELL I THINK UR 80

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:19 PM   #136
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
No offense, uh. But you sure you didn't get the wrong files for d3 and d4? I don't get it. Overall, the d4 file seems easier to me. Then again I've got a shit score on both, and if enough people play, I'm probably out round 1, because I can't even touch my top score, and it's not even a FC. Tough luck.

Quote:
I might as well be in D4 then, since it's the easier file.
Can you explain how being bad at the D3 file and better (still not that good) at the D4 file merits a bump to D4? As a D4 player, ideally, you should be able to AAA (or at least low SDG) D1, D2, and D3 in round 1. The fact that you're not even remotely close to the D3 AAA suggests that you don't belong in D4. In fact, it shows that you have a gap in your skillset that needs to be worked on, as bmah said.

Quote:
No, I don't. For me it's not about seeing the patterns. It's about it being physically possible for me. Slowing it down doesn't help, and I've already tried multiple times at 0.8 and 0.7. Personally, I don't think I'll see round 2 of d3 if everyone manages to play, so honestly, it wouldn't matter if I'm in d7. :P
Did I just witness first-hand a D3 player complaining about physical capability???

Last edited by rushyrulz; 06-25-2016 at 12:28 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:57 PM   #137
Walrusizer
D7 Elite Keymasher

Send a message via Skype™ to Walrusizer

lmao
Old 06-25-2016, 12:58 PM   #138
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I honestly can't believe no one else said anything about the bolded part here. I can blacklist your account and ban you right now over that regardless of how long ago it was. Lucky for you I find it hilarious that you shot yourself in the foot by cheating and ending up in a higher division for it. You literally have no one to blame but yourself for that and probably should just leave with your head down. Though, I should probably wipe your skill tokens, since they were probably obtained by your better friend.
I was waiting for someone slightly more qualified than me to say something about this haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 01:00 PM   #139
TheThong
♩♪♫♬♭♮♯
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to TheThong

Loving D2's song, Insignia. Such a fun file to play! A bit rusty on my jumpstream, but D4's file isn't too bad either.
TheThong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 02:41 PM   #140
beeattack
FFR Player

Wish I was good enough to appreciate the D2 file as much as other people seem to

10th Official Tournament – D1 – 18th (eliminated in round 4)
11th Official Tournament – D2 – 21st (eliminated in round 4)
13th Official Tournament – D2 – 36th (eliminated in round 1)
Revenge of the Drowned – D1 – 6th (eliminated in round 6)
15th Official Tournament – D2 – 13th (eliminated in round 4)
beeattack is offline   Reply With Quote