Old 01-27-2016, 05:52 PM   #9561
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691
Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 [Regular batch: OPEN]

Anyway, I kind of lost some steam on this because I had to drive Stian to the airport. We just got back a little bit ago because everything is still a pretty big mess from the blizzard and there were accidents. I'm not sure if Dossar will be on again tonight or not, but I'm hoping this can get rolled out in the next few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 01-27-2016, 07:04 PM   #9562
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Update:

I have all the files converted for the batches and broken down into sets aside from the Nov 2015. That batch I actually haven't seen yet and I'm going to peek at it to see if anything fits for the OT then I'll work on converting that one.

A good portion of the forum is ready to go. I just need to talk with Dossar to make sure we're on the same page as to how this system is working and the rules/guidelines for it.
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 01-27-2016, 07:49 PM   #9563
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

The earliest I'll be able to continue with this (such as making a proper r^3 xml, more uploading, etc.) is Thursday later in the afternoon. Thursdays are my worst days since I literally have assessments, labs, and class from the 8 am in the morning to 3:15 pm with a lunch break after the lab (meaning I wake up really early).

On Friday I'll also leverage some other things, but in the meantime I've given Prawnskunk a development plan to look over concerning a new Batch Search Engine site. The current data on the BSE demo site is three weeks old and the focus is getting the new site up -- Prawnskunk has also been really busy, although with a development plan it should be more clear as to what I'm looking for.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 01-27-2016 at 07:50 PM..
Old 01-27-2016, 11:02 PM   #9564
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Organized everything for the batches in the normal judges forum, uploaded all zip folders for the sets as well. Again these will not be public because most of our permissions are based on us not distributing the mp3s.

Aside from the November batch I've gone just about as far as I can go on my own in terms of progressing this forward. Tomorrow morning I will finish up the November batch.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by psychoangel691; 01-27-2016 at 11:03 PM..
Old 01-28-2016, 01:18 AM   #9565
HeZe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to HeZe

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
Your files are part of what's slowing me down because I don't know what you do but the offset is always way off and I can't get them to open in ddream for some reason so I have to take extra time to get them right to get them on the engine.
Oh well that's strange.

But things are well . Sometimes you need to spank the horse a bit to make it run ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
Your strengths and weaknesses may never change, but they will still get better as you do, albeit disproportionately of course. You're bad at jumpstream, so just play jumpstream files. Play them for hours. Play ones you have to struggle to SDG, and play ones hard enough to make your hands and arms burn. Then play them some more. Then, the day after the next, play them again. If you aren't already doing this, you can't say you're stuck. Plateauing doesn't really exist, if you aren't improving it means you haven't put in the effort needed to improve, or your effort has been misapplied. It's more of a problem at really high levels, but never totally concrete.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:16 AM   #9566
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeZe View Post
But things are well . Sometimes you need to spank the horse a bit to make it run ;D
Ugggggggh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:22 AM   #9567
ItsOnlyDanO
Stuck in the past

Quote:
Oh well that's strange.

do us all a favour

and stop posting

thank you
Old 01-28-2016, 06:49 AM   #9568
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Oh well that's strange.

I really hope you don't think for a second that any of this had to do with your posting. Silv quit, I talked to Dossar and was like hey here's what I think could work. Got a yeah lets see if we can give this a try, and I ran with what ever work I was capable of to get things moving in the right direction for this to hopefully go up ASAP.

You seem to constantly be patting yourself on the back as if your threads and posts are what's getting things done when in reality there's always been things getting worked on, it just tends to be slow. Everyone working on things have outside lives and can't commit a full 100% to a website for free. Take into consideration the fact that people are doing this with no compensation and yet still doing it even though majority of the time it's a thankless job and we have people constantly complaining.

And I don't want to hear "bring more people on board" because we've tried and guess what, majority of the time they end up doing nothing or just disappear. A good example of this is new judges were brought on and then almost everyone just disappeared, there's only like 2 active judges and then AJ and myself trying to fill in places. This is also why the new system failed, it's actually a really good system but when all your judges basically go MIA at once, there's not much you can do.
I was also trying to get the youtube project going and that was an extended offer to all the community to help. I got like 2 videos out of it. Now that's on the back burner because there's bigger things I have to focus on and I can't sit here and do all the content for that by myself, I don't have the time. I have two toddlers, school and other stuff to do.

BTW, keep spanking the horse and you're likely to see more people leave because frankly every time I see people just being negative and acting like we're not doing anything I question why I pour so many hours into the site.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by psychoangel691; 01-28-2016 at 09:03 AM..
Old 01-28-2016, 07:24 AM   #9569
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

I like making files

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
Old 01-28-2016, 07:28 AM   #9570
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
I like making files
I like your files
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 01-28-2016, 08:57 AM   #9571
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Alright went through the Nov batch, pulled 3 files out and moved them to the OT batch. The rest are converted and all that good stuff.

So at this point I don't think there's anything else I can personally do for this right now. Dossar mentioned he has a busy day today, so be patient please.

Gonna go work on more OT stuff for now.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by psychoangel691; 01-28-2016 at 09:08 AM..
Old 01-28-2016, 12:17 PM   #9572
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Quote:
I like your files
You won't like Seiran's Mad Hammer

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
Old 01-28-2016, 02:16 PM   #9573
HeZe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to HeZe

Quote:
I really hope you don't think for a second that any of this had to do with your posting. Silv quit, I talked to Dossar and was like hey here's what I think could work. Got a yeah lets see if we can give this a try, and I ran with what ever work I was capable of to get things moving in the right direction for this to hopefully go up ASAP.

You seem to constantly be patting yourself on the back as if your threads and posts are what's getting things done when in reality there's always been things getting worked on, it just tends to be slow. Everyone working on things have outside lives and can't commit a full 100% to a website for free. Take into consideration the fact that people are doing this with no compensation and yet still doing it even though majority of the time it's a thankless job and we have people constantly complaining.

And I don't want to hear "bring more people on board" because we've tried and guess what, majority of the time they end up doing nothing or just disappear. A good example of this is new judges were brought on and then almost everyone just disappeared, there's only like 2 active judges and then AJ and myself trying to fill in places. This is also why the new system failed, it's actually a really good system but when all your judges basically go MIA at once, there's not much you can do.
I was also trying to get the youtube project going and that was an extended offer to all the community to help. I got like 2 videos out of it. Now that's on the back burner because there's bigger things I have to focus on and I can't sit here and do all the content for that by myself, I don't have the time. I have two toddlers, school and other stuff to do.

BTW, keep spanking the horse and you're likely to see more people leave because frankly every time I see people just being negative and acting like we're not doing anything I question why I pour so many hours into the site.
Well I am really sorry that you think I'm not appreciating the effort you all are putting towards this. I really do appreciate, especially you, TC_Halogen and Dossar. I just happened to post like two days too late, when things got kicked on the move again. All I knew by that point was that there had been only 3 sets judged of the hard songs batch and the regular was on a complete standstill too. By the time I posted that I thought that things were still like this and nothing was being done. I am only worried about things, and I thing that it is really better to post things like this than no posts at all for weeks. You may think differently.

But to be honest, if you think that I as a normal user am completely unimportant, you don't need to use your precious time to answer my messages.

PS: If my comments cause people to stop trying to do their jobs, they shouldn't be doing it in the first place. No criticism allowed, yippy fucking yay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
Your strengths and weaknesses may never change, but they will still get better as you do, albeit disproportionately of course. You're bad at jumpstream, so just play jumpstream files. Play them for hours. Play ones you have to struggle to SDG, and play ones hard enough to make your hands and arms burn. Then play them some more. Then, the day after the next, play them again. If you aren't already doing this, you can't say you're stuck. Plateauing doesn't really exist, if you aren't improving it means you haven't put in the effort needed to improve, or your effort has been misapplied. It's more of a problem at really high levels, but never totally concrete.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:23 PM   #9574
YoshL
Celestial Harbor
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to YoshL Send a message via MSN to YoshL Send a message via Skype™ to YoshL

Quote:
But to be honest, if you think that I as a normal user am completely unimportant, you don't need to use your precious time to answer my messages.

PS: If my comments cause people to stop trying to do their jobs, they shouldn't be doing it in the first place. No criticism allowed, yippy fucking yay.
part a) being super passive-aggressive. not needed.

part b) what i get from this is "i shouldn't have to care about what comes out of my mouth, it's everyone else's problem"

did you ever bother to take a step back and try to figure out why people were calling you out? It's not so much as criticism as you trying to attribute progress to yourself. Your explanation that you gave does not match up with the types of posts you were making, which makes your explanation seem like bullshit, whether it's actually true or not lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Only yours, for an easy price of $19.99! You too can experience the wonders of full motion rump sticking.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:23 PM   #9575
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen

Quote:
stop
Old 01-28-2016, 03:16 PM   #9576
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
I just happened to post like two days too late, when things got kicked on the move again. All I knew by that point was that there had been only 3 sets judged of the hard songs batch and the regular was on a complete standstill too. By the time I posted that I thought that things were still like this and nothing was being done. I am only worried about things, and I thing that it is really better to post things like this than no posts at all for weeks. You may think differently.
So because you hadn't been on in a few days and didn't bother to even look around at what has been done, that gives you the right to post rudely then use it as an excuse? I posted several times after the post you quoted, there was no reason for you to not see that we were trying to figure it out.
Dossar posted about the regular batch, the official tournament batch has 10 sets done (that's 50 files) a lot of which were pulled from the old batches. Plus the hard songs batch stuff you already mentioned. So I guess a lot more has been done then you realize eh?

Quote:
No one said normal users weren't important, you're just a dick about it when you post things.

Quote:
Guess you're right I shouldn't be doing it at all, so let me take all the work I've done, remove the forum etc etc so that it's back to no progress at all. That way your whining would be justified I guess. Do you listen to yourself when you post? I also never said it was just your comments, it's whenever people start getting rude and don't even bother to consider all the work people already put in to the site for free. It feels pretty shitty to pour a lot of work into something only to hear you aren't doing enough.

On the no criticism allowed comment, refer to what I said before. You're not giving criticism you're being a dick to staff because things aren't moving fast enough for you. Oh no wait, it's because you can't even be bothered to look into what's going on before opening your mouth.

This is the last time I will be responding to you talking this way. If you have actual questions and real criticism I will be more than happy to address it. Otherwise be patient and I hope this will be out by the weekend.

Edit: oh yeah and all this too especially the part I bolded

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
part a) being super passive-aggressive. not needed.

part b) what i get from this is "i shouldn't have to care about what comes out of my mouth, it's everyone else's problem"

did you ever bother to take a step back and try to figure out why people were calling you out? It's not so much as criticism as you trying to attribute progress to yourself. Your explanation that you gave does not match up with the types of posts you were making, which makes your explanation seem like bullshit, whether it's actually true or not lol
It's really annoying to keep seeing you pat yourself on the back for projects that already had been in motion before you even said a word.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by psychoangel691; 01-28-2016 at 03:20 PM..
Old 01-28-2016, 03:47 PM   #9577
hi19hi19
lol happy

Without reading all this shit because I've seen it all like dozens of times, I think the important message here is:

We all know FFR judging has had some issues and is over a year behind schedule. You don't need to point that out because it's obvious.

So if you can DO something about this, don't say anything, just go fucking do it (read: we are obviously in need of judges, so go judge)
If you're just going to make noise about the delays, don't bother, because pretty much everything has been said already.

Either way, writing anything in this thread that is not "I'll help judge!" wastes everyone's time.
I'd rather people be writing walls of file notes than walls of replies to 10 year old debates about judging systems.

my 2c

Last edited by hi19hi19; 01-28-2016 at 03:49 PM..
Old 01-28-2016, 03:57 PM   #9578
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.

Quote:

So if you can DO something about this, don't say anything, just go fucking do it (read: we are obviously in need of judges, so go judge)
yeah fucker help us out
Old 01-28-2016, 03:58 PM   #9579
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.

seriously though people being uncaring dipshits is annoying and doesn't help anything though
Old 01-28-2016, 03:58 PM   #9580
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

I'll help judge!

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING