Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files

Old 07-24-2015, 10:55 PM   #161
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann
Default Re: Stepping Stones 2 [Submissions open!]

Okay you folks, there is only one week left before submissions close! Tell your friends!

Also, I agree that pad files are a great way for beginners to learn, I only mentioned kb because he mentioned pad. We have some pretty easy files as it is, I just want to make sure we have a good variety; no ill will intended!

@rparty - check your pm's, maybe we have a collab solution?

@blindreper - check your pm's, maybe we can fix Woke Up?

@storn - I didn't send you a pm but I just want you to know I touched up the end of the file just for consistency's sake and to add a tiny bit of difficulty

@Divisor - THANK YOU FOR THOSE THEY ARE GREAT

AHHH I'M SO EXCITED. PS I'M USING THIS BANNER NOW

AHHHH!

Submit to this -

Last edited by Kraezymann; 07-24-2015 at 10:58 PM..
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 02:26 AM   #162
xDivisor
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraezymann View Post
@Divisor - THANK YOU FOR THOSE THEY ARE GREAT
Wow, thanks man! XD I wasn't actually 100% on them but I'm glad you liked 'em. Looking forward to the finished pack!
xDivisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:27 PM   #163
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

I have sent in the 2 Boss song (Pad) charts I promised to finish. The main difficulty for both of these songs is Expert (Hard); however, Fascination MaxX (Triple Chaos Mix) has a Challenge chart, which I feel might be a little bit too hard.

As always, difficulties were rated on the DDR X (20-foot) scale.

Playstyle: Index

Current Level / Division: Level 73 (Division 5)

Highest AAA/PFC: Flight of the Bumblebee (Difficulty 80)

Highest Blackflag: AIM Anthem (Difficulty 76)

Highest SDG: Choprite [3-0-0-1] (Difficulty 70)

Highest FC (Non-mashed): BB Revenge [14-1-0-3] (Difficulty 80)
DDRNGGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:38 PM   #164
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Okay duders

@Billium - That's a lot better. Thanks for the update. The patterns seem kind of weird to me, but they aren't wrong. I think the hands during the freezes at the beginning MIGHT be a bit much, but IDK

EDIT: after a couple playthroughs I think they'll be okay. When submissions close and I'm finalizing it I'll probably move the difficulties up a notch when I rate them. Also that fuxin album art is dope I'll def use it

@DDRNGG - These are much better than your first ones, well done! Bye Bye Bye pales in comparison! How would you feel if I replaced BBB with these two? I just don't think BBB is as good as either of these, and is a little bit boring when held up against these ones. What do you think? Also, if you could make a few fixes for me, we'll be golden:

If you could fix of these things for me in the challenge chart, then we'll be good. I'll leave the heavy chart as is.

- I like what you were doing with that first 16th stream, so how about a freeze on those last 16ths of each burst? Then maybe you could put a mine on the 4ths? It'll add a bit of difficulty to the stream but it won't take anything away from it.
- The 4th at beat 28(on SM5) is a jump
- The drum and bass part that starts at b40: You could probably get away with making most of those 4ths/8ths notes jumps as well. It's a little under-stepped is all.
- There should be a 16th at b51.75
- The 32nds at b71.75 start with an 8th at b71.5
- There is a small 32nd burst that leads in to b155. And then this is sort of the "climax" of the song, so there should be more jumps in the d'n'b part here. It'll add to the difficulty but also properly spice things up
- Two extra notes at 175.5 to make that burst a bit longer
- During the last stream you can do one of two things: take out the 8ths where each burst "ends" and do the freeze/mine thing like I mentioned above, OR make it one long continuous stream. I would REALLY prefer the freeze/mine thing though

This one was awesome! Even better than FMAXX! There are a few changes in here that I think will REALLY make it good:
- Those jumps you have going when it speeds up? You should layer those into the 8th note stream you have that starts about b62
- At b89, you should add those 16th bursts, it'll still be easy peasy to hit
- At b128, I would recommend layering in some jumps for this section. Just where there is a bass kick will be fine
- During the "call and answer" part, the empty space leaves something to be desired. What if you placed mines in the empty space? Or perhaps use short freezes? And what if you added jumps during the "answer"?
- At b268 you should make that a jumpstream, it's too easy for the intensity of that part of the song, and for the bursty part at 272 you could make those 32nd bursts freezes and get a good result.
- And finally for the big 8th note run at b308, you should definitely get those jumps in there, again, just on the kicks. And at the end you can have freezes where there are 32nd bursts.

You were definitely headed in the right direction with this one, it just needs a bit more juice.

Submit to this -
Old 07-25-2015, 11:22 PM   #165
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Also updated OP to reflect where we are now. A list of songs has been made that need gfx if anyone wants to help!

Submit to this -
Old 07-26-2015, 06:50 AM   #166
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

I am currently working on the changes to the two Boss song charts. Should have them finished before the end of today. Also, I would like for Bye Bye Bye to be replaced with Fascination MaxX (Triple Chaos Mix) and Ignis Fatuus (DM Ashura Mix).

Old 07-26-2015, 03:22 PM   #167
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

Double-posting because I have sent in the 2 Boss charts with the requested changes.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:01 PM   #168
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

@DDRNGGin - much much better! However the mine placement is in the wrong 4th note spot, but I think that is due to a communication error on my part; not being as specific as I should have been. Is it okay if I just change them? As for Ignis Fatuus, it's also much much better. There are a couple jumps missing during the "call and answer" bit, so I might add them in to fix it up. Otherwise the only thing I'm worried about is that 16th trill at b156. I think that would work better as a spread pattern than an index pattern. It would be easier to hit, and (IMO) more fun to do. What do you think?

I have also removed BBB and replaced them with your two new ones

@.Rarity - It's absolutely a good attempt, but the problems though few, are a bit too heavy for me to include it. The BPM should be 147 even, and your offset was too late. Because of where you have them, it's causing all sorts of problems with the charts. For instance, during the "eurobeat" sounding synth lines (those small 16th runs), at the beginning you're fairly on target; but on the same part at the end, you are off by a whole 16th. During the singing that starts at b44 (on SM5) you have the triplets starting on a 16th, and while it might have sounded right, because the BPM is off, it does eventually drift. They should technically start on the 8th earlier.

And that part is way too repetitive - Your pattern usage for rest of the file is actually pretty good, but you have those 16th triplets for just about 24 seconds, and that's almost a third of the file! I know it's not 100% you though, the song is a poor cut (and of not so good quality, but neither of which are your fault). So while it was a good attempt, I'm going to have to reject it because the problems are just too overwhelming.

Submit to this -
Old 07-27-2015, 10:18 AM   #169
DDRNGGin
FFR Player

Post Re: Stepping Stones 2 [Submissions open!]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraezymann View Post
@DDRNGGin - much much better! However the mine placement is in the wrong 4th note spot, but I think that is due to a communication error on my part; not being as specific as I should have been. Is it okay if I just change them? As for Ignis Fatuus, it's also much much better. There are a couple jumps missing during the "call and answer" bit, so I might add them in to fix it up. Otherwise the only thing I'm worried about is that 16th trill at b156. I think that would work better as a spread pattern than an index pattern. It would be easier to hit, and (IMO) more fun to do. What do you think?

I have also removed BBB and replaced them with your two new ones
Fascination MaxX (Triple Chaos Mix): As far as mine placements, you can go ahead and change them if you want to.

Ignis Fatuus (DM Ashura Mix): The 16th trill that you mentioned was the spot where I was worried about as well. Changing the trill pattern is a really good idea.

Thanks!

Old 07-27-2015, 01:35 PM   #170
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

might be sending in another file for this pack, depending on how the harder difficulty goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
"I think storn is town but he doesn't have a shirt on" - Roundbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post

storn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 12:41 PM   #171
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

ok. sent in the islander. a little bit rougher than i would like but i've done what i can.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 07-28-2015, 10:58 PM   #172
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

@Kaneh - Thank you for your updates. I'm planning on changing all the difficulties anyways, so your harder charts might move back to edit. Would you be interested in making an easier chart each for Trillion Nights and Yoru Naku? You have two charts already, so this is just an optional request. If you do, I'll remove the beginners and you won't have to worry about the deadline as long as you can get them to me by release day; if not I'll just move them back to edit when I fix the diffs

Shapeless Flower was great. I'm curious about the 16th freezes in the second half of the file - as far as I can tell they go to that sick synth sound. When I listen to it I keep thinking there should be freezes on the 8th and the 4th around it too. Just wondering is all. It's accepted regardless, although if you made the background would you be able to fix it to fit the guidelines? If not I may get a second set made, or see if I can't fix it up to fit.

@Storn - I have a higher quality version of the song that I'm going to replace it with. Also that mass of arrows at b207 on Hard is a REALLY bad idea. It should just be a series of 24th jumps. I know it's the climax but that's ridiculous haha. If you want to I can change it. Otherwise I like this way more than Things We Believe In, I think lol. It's different, and a little bit more technical. More fun overall.

@Leo137 - Needs a second chart before it can be accepted. Based on what I played, an easier one is preferred. Those 64ths are really tough to hit with the freezes. And I'll be getting a new set of gfx for the file. Otherwise it's not bad, I just need that chart!

@.Rarity - Sorry man, I'm gonna have to say no again. Step wise it's much better than Making Love but the Hard chart would definitely need to be reworked - some of the jumps don't make sense. I know that most of them go to the singing but there are a few that don't really go to anything in particular and aren't needed, mostly in the big jumpstream section. Also at the end, those 12ths... I've slowed it down to .8x music and simply can not hear what they go to, or am I missing something entirely? As for the easy chart, it's too focused on the MAX 300 bit. It could do both like Heavy does, with a few more jumps thrown in and some overall restructuring.

Unfortunately this is the kind of file that I think most people will skip over based solely on the preview music. Not a whole lot of people like this kind of mashup. This would be quite suitable in perhaps a dump pack or even a joke pack, but not a pack like this.

EDIT: Actually, if you gave the heavy chart a good reworking and made it a bit harder, you could definitely submit it to a dump pack. But I can't guarantee it would get in, again, based on the music.

Submit to this -

Last edited by Kraezymann; 07-28-2015 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: ideas
Old 07-29-2015, 10:43 AM   #173
rparty89
FFR Player

updates needed? whachu mean
Old 07-29-2015, 11:45 AM   #174
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

It means we have to work on it. It's just a reminder for me

Submit to this -
Old 07-29-2015, 12:53 PM   #175
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

yea, i suppose the string of notes was too fast... i still want it to be a burst of fast notes but perhaps something more reasonable. perhaps 48ths?

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 07-29-2015, 01:20 PM   #176
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

That might work. If you want to send me a revised version of the .sm you can, otherwise I'll fix it up tonight

Submit to this -
Old 07-29-2015, 02:40 PM   #177
storn42
RIP Storn D0-D0

sent over the new version.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old 07-29-2015, 11:32 PM   #178
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

@storn - Thank you. It's much more manageable now.

@Leo - Adult Ceremony - thank you for the second chart. A little too similar to the Heavy chart; I was expecting a bit more variation. Nevertheless, it's got an easier chart, and I kind of like how the chorus goes in the new one.

First Kiss - Duuuuuuuuuude I just mentioned I need two charts lol. The second chart should probably be easier, using the rest of the pack as a comparison. Otherwise, this seems like a nice straightforward file. I'll add it to the list when I get that second chart!

Submit to this -

Last edited by Kraezymann; 07-29-2015 at 11:33 PM..
Old 07-30-2015, 08:33 AM   #179
Leo137
FFR Player

I know Kraezymann, but i don't know if you are gonna like it and if the second chart should be easier or harder, when i'm back home i'm going to step the second chart don't worry
Leo137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:55 PM   #180
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Oh lol I see. Well that's an interesting way of doing it. I wasn't angry though, so I hope you didn't take that the wrong way!

Submit to this -