Old 07-4-2015, 06:26 AM   #1
liamis01177
Ilovemesomestream
FFR Veteran

Question Event tokens

Is there any way to play the event tokens e.g. freedom dive, wises were wrong, fractured sunshine, without actually having them. Maybe on another engine or something?
I've always really wanted to play them, such a shame you can't ever get them after the events are over.
Old 07-4-2015, 06:40 AM   #2
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Event tokens

#nope. There is a current way to get them and that's doing the TCG. It'll take a while to get one token, but better than no way at all.
Old 07-4-2015, 07:12 AM   #3
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

tbh there should be a more publicly aware way to get them that's not some like antipa bullshit by now. The TCG is cool and all, but like I think other options should be there as well.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-4-2015, 07:50 AM   #4
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Because anti PA is totally the only event they have been available in. They've been a prize in every official event, which you know is a variety of different things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

Last edited by psychoangel691; 07-4-2015 at 07:50 AM..
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-4-2015, 03:02 PM   #5
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

I think it should probably be more worthwhile to be addressed that some of the original tokens can no longer be obtained unless you have a direct link that adds the token to your account.

Some of the landing pages that contain an original token on them either have broken links/hypertext, others have flash broken on them and that's the only way to obtain them, and flash was never updated on those pages because they were part of the old UI layout.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 07-4-2015 at 03:04 PM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2015, 02:31 AM   #6
sickufully
Sir Krisk
FFR Veteran

Would be nice if there was another way to play them but they're all 80+ diff so they're too hard for me anyway. Except for Wises, that's just messed.

On the topic of tokens, are those fundraiser tokens going to get a requirement anytime soon or maybe go on sale again for the people who missed out last year?
Old 07-5-2015, 06:50 AM   #7
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
Because anti PA is totally the only event they have been available in. They've been a prize in every official event, which you know is a variety of different things.
I was gonna be a complete ass hole at this post, but then I realized the error is on my end because I lump: Touhou Judgement, Bridgeport Run, and Bedtime Story, as event tokens because there's not a public way to get them. (At least, listed or that I am aware of.)

Not sure if the OP was referencing these as well.

Admittedly though, some of the descriptions for these are kinda crap as well.

"D7 Exclusive" is kinda crappy compared to even that of vROFL's explanation which at least explains you have to win an official in top 8 for it.

Or "event token" not really being explained either. Like sure, it's implied you win it from an event, but also it doesn't say what kind ect.

But tbh I'd do away with most event tokens and division exclusives. Especially because not all divisions have an exclusive as far as I recall.

Last edited by XelNya; 07-5-2015 at 06:50 AM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-5-2015, 11:51 AM   #8
Deidara837
For a New Beginning

If you have a division-exclusive token that's not D7 it's either arbitrary since it's not the top division or it's not really exclusive since either a ton of people will have it (reqs this division and up) or a ton of people will never be able to get it since they're better than that already (reqs this specific division only)

As far as for me not having:
TWWW, Freedom Dive, Unconnected., vROFL

I don't really care that I don't have them, they'll come in time

If I want something that's one of the most rare things on the site then yes I'm gonna have to put a ton of effort into it. TCG takes a ton of effort. If they put in an alternate method that takes a lot less effort than what's the point of having anything special
/rant

Also about the fundraiser tokens the physical tokens are all done being sold but yeah if they put some reqs that'd actually be nice, but I wouldn't make them as straightforward as the easy reqs the older 3 have right now
AAAing a 40 or so 10 times in a row is pretty effortless because of the restart button
The 50 unique AAAs thing takes maybe a couple hours of going through an organized list of diff 12-30 songs, most of the Arcade songs taking ~1min
500m GT is the one people have to actually commit to to earn

_9th OT: D2 - 13th Place
10th OT: D5 - 45th Place
11th OT: D6 - 12th Place

EMG Rivalry | EMG Spreadsheet

Last edited by Deidara837; 07-5-2015 at 11:53 AM..
Deidara837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2015, 08:26 AM   #9
liamis01177
Ilovemesomestream
FFR Veteran

TWWW, Freedom Dive, Unconnected are the only ones that I need, and want to get. I thought you could never get them as they were specific to a certain event, am I wrong?
can you actually get those tokens other ways?
Old 07-6-2015, 08:30 AM   #10
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamis01177 View Post
TWWW, Freedom Dive, Unconnected are the only ones that I need, and want to get. I thought you could never get them as they were specific to a certain event, am I wrong?
can you actually get those tokens other ways?
Event token just means it is usually released only during events. Unconnected is D7 only so good luck with that lol.

pikakirby123 reincarnated

AragakiAyase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2015, 08:39 AM   #11
liamis01177
Ilovemesomestream
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
#nope. There is a current way to get them and that's doing the TCG. It'll take a while to get one token, but better than no way at all.
What are "TCG"?
you mean the tokens you can unlock from gameplay e.g.
"Attain the exact the same score 10 times in a row in one day. The score must be over 1,000,000 points"
as tokens like freedom dive dont have ways to attain them just "event token" so I have no idea how I can get them.
Old 07-6-2015, 09:08 AM   #12
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
I think it should probably be more worthwhile to be addressed that some of the original tokens can no longer be obtained unless you have a direct link that adds the token to your account.

Some of the landing pages that contain an original token on them either have broken links/hypertext, others have flash broken on them and that's the only way to obtain them, and flash was never updated on those pages because they were part of the old UI layout.
devs told me to talk to GMs about it. GMs told me to talk to devs about it.
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamis01177 View Post
What are "TCG"?
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=141204
Quote:
Token Fusion

For completing a token challenge, you will be awarded a special Token Pack. Inside, you will find three token cards of tier 6 or lower. These cards cannot be sold nor traded, apart from intra-tier trading. This means that token cards do not have a value assigned to them. Two token cards of the same tier may be traded up to the house, or fused, and you will be awarded a non-random, predetermined card from the next highest tier that has been assigned specifically to the two cards you traded in. This "fusion table" of sorts will be kept a mystery, but there is a public fusion table kept on the master sheet that will be updated every time a player makes a fusion, for reference. Keep in mind that a fusion result is not a one-to-one correspondence with the fusion materials, i.e. 3 + 9 = 12, and 5 + 7 = 12. There are five Tier 0 cards: Crowdpleaser, The Wises Were Wrong, PWND!, OMGWTFT0k3N, and party 4u "holy nite mix". If you collect them all, you may fuse them together to form a random Tier 8 token card!

If you manage to fuse all the way up to a Tier 10 token card, you may trade in that card for an Event, Support, or Tournament Fundraiser Token of your choosing as well as 50,000 credits. If you have all of these tokens, you may trade in your Tier 10 token card for a 200,000 credit reward.

***It's also worth mentioning, that any Tier 10 card fused with another Tier 10 card can result in only one possible outcome: The illustrious Vertex BETA vROFL card.***

Last edited by rushyrulz; 07-6-2015 at 09:15 AM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2015, 09:33 AM   #13
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

So basically we're supposed to have nothing at all to give away for the events we do, cool. Sorry but not everything has to have an additional way to obtain it, it's kinda the point to have them available only in events to get people to participate. If the events were only catered towards like higher level players I could understand there being a problem, but we have always done a variety of things that offer these event tokens up with the exception of a few tournament specific ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2015, 09:36 AM   #14
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

How many times to I have to be D6 for an official before I'm grandfathered into getting Unconnected :<

Last edited by rushyrulz; 07-6-2015 at 09:36 AM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-6-2015, 10:59 AM   #15
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
devs told me to talk to GMs about it. GMs told me to talk to devs about it.
Help
In reference to this (because I remember you approaching me), GMs could give them gameplay requirements to unlock but that would shift the token type from regular token to skill token, and I wouldn't want that at all, plus we'd be losing a good chunk of site history. I won't speak for everyone, but I find hunting down regular tokens much more enjoyable and rewarding than any of the skill tokens. It would be more beneficial and wouldn't compromise any site history if the dead links were either fixed or the tokens were hidden elsewhere on the site with new clues. GMs could help brainstorm ideas for the latter but ultimately devs would need to take care of all the coding etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 07-6-2015 at 11:00 AM..
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote