Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 09:41 PM   #201
llyair
Wiki Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Trio's Almost Vanilla Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
in case autorecord isn't up yet
Haha it wasn't, and when it was, it was configured to ignore scores before 9PM server time. But I guess I had to start putting songs in the spreadsheet a little early in order to release on time, so makes sense that someone would see them there You're set now haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii025 View Post
For once I'm glad I'm not in D2. :P

lol
also lol
Hahaha... Or do I mean mwahaha >:]

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Just won D5. Nicely ran tourney guys. It's been fun.

Wall going into this round: 1630
Raw score away from AAAing both songs: 1105
Lol I'm laughing at you being so smug Congrats though, you had some ridiculously good scores all along, and I'm excited to see the scores from the rest of D5!

And thank you!!

Now just finishing testing the spreadsheet and going to spam PM everyone about the new round
Old 04-17-2015, 02:48 AM   #202
sickufully
Sir Krisk
FFR Veteran

Can't believe Scythe of 13 got picked over Church Bells. Absolutely shattered :P At least 1 play through is enough. Cannot be bothered to whore out a decent score for such a long song.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:35 AM   #203
ItsOnlyDanO
Stuck in the past
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

you time ughhhh

ill happily take rave 5 though, hopefully I can see this tournament out for the win?
Old 04-17-2015, 08:46 AM   #204
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOnlyDanO View Post
you time ughhhh

ill happily take rave 5 though, hopefully I can see this tournament out for the win?
Direct all hate to the You Time pick to me; Reason why I picked it is if you play Rave 5 first, You Time (at least to me) seems easier to handle but it's still a rough one because the bursts are hard to read

Old 04-18-2015, 05:56 AM   #205
ItsOnlyDanO
Stuck in the past
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

ayyyy I stopped sucking on this file
and to be honest this could have been 5-2-0-2 but i screwed up an easy pattern in the ending third really bad
Old 04-18-2015, 01:26 PM   #206
llyair
Wiki Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Wow, DanO, great job on that You Time o/ It's hard for me to completely understand, but if going by other D6 scores so far is any indication, a 5-2-0-2 is pretty ridiculous xD

And sickufully, yeah, I actually laughed out loud seeing the RNG number 2 pop up, indicating that Scythe won hahaha. You guys in D4 really had your share of gimmicky songs (well, what I think are gimmicky) this tournament xD I've personally never been any good at that song because of both the length and the patterns, but I know that some people love it and it was one of their first FMOs or something c: But yeah, glad this at least forced you to play it through once heheh

Edit:
There's some pretty intense competition for 1st and 2nd place in D6! DanO and Rushy are 3 goods apart xD

Last edited by llyair; 04-18-2015 at 02:57 PM..
Old 04-18-2015, 03:43 PM   #207
Dracobuster
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I wanted to say gg to BeeAttack and GGSnipes. It was an awesome time to play against you guys for the tournament
Old 04-19-2015, 11:24 PM   #208
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Oh I need to go mash my songs tomorrow

Old 04-20-2015, 01:55 AM   #209
llyair
Wiki Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Sorry, Sax =.=
Old 04-20-2015, 02:43 AM   #210
Tim Allen
B^)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Tim Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOnlyDanO View Post
ayyyy I stopped sucking on this file
and to be honest this could have been 5-2-0-2 but i screwed up an easy pattern in the ending third really bad
i know the feeling > : D
Old 04-20-2015, 10:09 PM   #211
llyair
Wiki Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Hiii it's nice to have visitors in this thread

As we come up on the final 24 hours of this tournament, we wanted to share a SponCon idea here Hopefully this sounds good?

Last edited by llyair; 04-20-2015 at 10:20 PM..
Old 04-20-2015, 10:10 PM   #212
llyair
Wiki Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

SponCon

Dedicate a play(s) of any song(s) to someone(s) on FFR. Submit screenshots along with an explanation.

Additional Notes:
PA doesn't matter, pass/fail doesn't matter.
Songs on alternate engines (eg. FFRMania) are allowed, as long as you play them on FFR. Rates/mods are allowed.
Each submission will receive 5k credits, up to a max of 25k per person.

Bonus Credits:
I also wanted to award 10k to the best submissions, but I realize that it could be pretty subjective and unfair. So instead, I'll use RNG and give 10k each to three people.

The SponCon will end the same time as Round 6 on April 21st @ 9PM server time!
Old 04-20-2015, 11:01 PM   #213
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

I forgot to play these songs on my downstairs computer earlier, so in case I forget tomorrow, I played them on my shitty laptop.

Hopefully I'll have time to improve tomorrow, even though I'm atrocious at FGOs

Old 04-20-2015, 11:06 PM   #214
llyair
Wiki Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Oh my gosh hahaha O.O At least you stayed true to your word though, that you would mash these today xD

Looking forward to possible big improvements tomorrow

Last edited by llyair; 04-20-2015 at 11:09 PM..
Old 04-20-2015, 11:27 PM   #215
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Ok. So this tournament has been responsible for some of my absolutely absurd scores that I never thought I'd ever get. It wasn't just because of how this tournament was setup, but because of the competition that I was against.

axith, ssbmchamp, SuperNOVA Gian, and TSR: The majority of you guys had better skill ratings than me, and I was considered a long shot when it came to doing well. My best score was literally a 3 0 0 2 on a 74. I looked at you guys and I'm seeing FGO SDG's and near-AAA's on 77's and what not. To be honest, I felt stunned at first, but I knew that something had to be done, and that's having to get better so that I could beat you guys.

There were times when I was tied, or even down on some songs. My first thoughts were "Oh it's ok. I may lose this song but I still have a nice lead." No. I couldn't let that happen. I needed to get better, so I threw out more efforts until I saw that I had higher raw score than everyone else.

It might sound like it, but I actually don't take winning as my achievement for this tournament, but the skill that I've gained over the past 6 rounds will be the most important thing that I've gained out of all of this. I would rather come in dead last, but knowing that I've gotten a lot better over the course of this tourney than win it all knowing that I didn't get too much better. Because of you guys, I would never have what llyair said "skillboosted to another dimension." Thanks a lot, rivals. I will compete with you guys again, knowing it will get much harder from here.

That being said, This is what I can do now. I still can't beat you guys, but it's some of the best I can do now. Might be shitty, but just you wait until I can AAA this thing.

This next submission is dedicated to the Trio itself. llyair, _Zenith_, portalbob: If if weren't for you three, I would never have gotten the scores that I had gotten over the past month. I wouldn't have a 0g score on need me and I wouldn't have had magical powers to touch a score that I never thought I'd touch again: The legendary 4-0-1-3 on Into Your Eyes that never saw the light of day because of the single-miss and lack of screenshot. The night round 5 got posted was a special one because I beat it. It felt like I had seen a Victini that day, but nobody would believe it. However, I saw it again that night and I proved that it was real. Well, at least the better Into Your Eyes score. Might sound like I'm excessively bragging about it, but a score that got me a vRofl token the real way is legendary to me. Thanks for helping me find what wasn't believable.

On a random note, you guys are rings. Golden rings, and I would put you three on three of my fingers. LOL! This song's for you guys!
Three great hosts, one D5 player that never finished, and two submissions so far. :P

Next song is dedicated to Synthlight. The way most of his files are synced suck, but he made me good at FFR in general because of the fact that this site exists. If it didn't, I'd probably be depressed and not have any way to do DDR on the keyboard. I mean there's StepMania but I wouldn't have discovered that if it wasn't for this place. Ugh this is gonna be so hard but this was the first level of the game and I've yet to AAA it! FOR YOU MY FFR GOD!
On second thought, I give up. Your files suck Synth, but may I AAA this 8 difficulty FGO file one day.

Next song is dedicated to my silly mind and why I don't act my age. Without this, I wouldn't be myself. WOO!
Wow. Why did I even try to FC this knowing that I couldn't? Silly me!

Last but not least, I'd like to dedicate my last song to God himself. I'm not a dedicated person when it comes to this type of stuff, but I'd like to thank God because I still don't have Carpal Tunnel doing this FFR thing. This song's for you, and when I'm through building you up on this post, we can talk. Right? :P

Ok that's all for my silly 5 submissions. Especially 3 and 4.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:35 AM   #216
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

dedicating this score to both Lambdadelta & reuben_tate for back during the MP bracket tournament that psychoangel hosted, this was the final song that me & reuben played as I won the battle of Team Blaze vs Team Pony, coming back from the losers bracket and winning the tournament for D4. Also a reminder that because of that day, I still have it mindblocked, and was a really good showing of how rivalries can dish out enjoyment (there was almost 50 people viewing that MP room, it was amazing). It was also Lambdadelta's favorite song, and since he was watching my match, that's why I played it.

Dedicating this to Arbliterator who may no longer be around, but was an exceptional D5 player for Team Pony. He has taken up speedrunning banjo-kazooie or conker nowadays on twitch, and at SpeedRunsLive. Some people should check him out, and give him a shouting.

dedicating this play to all the people that have or used to have TC in their username as a clan name. 7 years ago almost 8, I applied to see if I could join the team, and one of your teammates had me play this song in MP against them, expecting me to FC it if I wanted to join the team. Needless to say we all know how that turned out. I was shunned away from the team ever since. Consider this a re-application. <3

Dedicating this one to my mother who recently passed away exactly 2 months ago. She didn't like FFR all that much mostly because the large majority of music sounded like electronic buzzes, but there was one song she said that she liked. It was the only moment of family reassurance that I had where someone else that I knew directly took a liking to what I did for a hobby.

And lastly, I dedicate this to AlexDest for ruining my time in D5 during the 8th Official Tournament, with over 780 full-fledged plays on the song because people kept telling me to whore it and I will eventually get above that 2g elimination line. God damn hate you mate <3

- Tosh 2014

Old 04-21-2015, 02:02 AM   #217
Kawaii025
Fake D4
FFR Veteran

I really had to think about these...but here goes~

Indulgence - This one is dedicated to myself. I'm the type of person that usually ends up indulging myself into things no matter if it's something work related or for funsies. Also...the artist has an awesome name.

Infernoplex - This one goes out to DDRNGGin, my first 'official' rival on FFR. Your score on this song during the rivalry is one of the first scores that made me want to do better. (That was the point, right? Hahaha...)

Seņorita Bonita - This one is for Funnygurl555 & Tim Allen. I honestly do appreciate the encouragement during the 10th Official and for helping me out so much with this song.
I still can't do much with it...I has failed mah sempais...

L'aventale - This is for KLiTz. When he joined the NIA Rivalry, I think he had like a day or two to submit the songs for the week. He made it an objective to try to snipe my scores (which thought I had reached my limits on) and henceforth becoming my 2nd 'official' rival. This was the only one I could best him on~

~Absolute Zero~ - This one is for the mods occasionally wrecking the 'While the Moderators Sleep' thread (PrawnSkunk, ruben_tate, & DarkManticoreX2). Can we count in peace pls? :P
Highest Blackflag: Survive (60)
Highest FC: Challenge the final mission! (68)
Highest SDG: The Fusion (63)
Otaku Speedvibe [Heavy] unlocked 03/04/15 - On The Origin of Species (Evolution) (50)

Highest AAA:Case Closed (58)
Highest Blackflag: Survive (58)
Highest Booflag: Fill Me Up With Snacky Happiness & Suit Up (55)
Highest FC: Challenge the final mission! (72)
Highest SDG: The Fusion (67)
Old 04-21-2015, 07:54 AM   #218
sickufully
Sir Krisk
FFR Veteran

I'm dedicating this song entirely to the RNG that chose Scythe of 13 over this song in the final round of this tourney. Just cause I'm the only active D4 left and I really wanted some incentive to SDG this.
But it's not like I had the time so here's this shitty score.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:26 AM   #219
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

At first I was like "what the hell who is doing this why are we doing it YEAH"

until I read further down that there was a sponcon! (my laptop burned out entirely so here I am not able to do much until I either fix or buy a new one) Something that is off about the sponcon

You must pass the song, as people can play 1 note and fail and submit that (not anymore).

Last edited by _Zenith_; 04-21-2015 at 08:27 AM..
Old 04-21-2015, 08:51 AM   #220
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Aww I gotta play those songs again? Damn that was part of the story.