Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 02-28-2015, 12:20 PM   #61
Skullbac
Definitively Not Pro
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Who influenced you on FFR and how?

I heard on Nekodancer that FFR was 1000x harder so i decided to take a look at it
Skullbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 12:26 PM   #62
Ghakimx
Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghakimx

I have no rivals. [emoji20]

I AM ASHAMED OF MY STUPIDITY AND MUST COMMIT SEPPUKU. FORGIVE ME, FFR.

Ninjas NEVER die. Now on a 30 kill streak.
Ghakimx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:25 PM   #63
Bahamut-X
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'd have to say my first ever WTF moment in regards to FFR / SM was way back in 2004 when Anuj posted some FFR scores he'd gotten. The only one I can specifically remember was a Silence FC with goods in the low teens. To me, a complete amateur who didn't even know 4-finger style playing existed, this score seemed absolutely unreal. I could not understand how someone could achieve something like that.

Throughout mid 2005 - 2007 or so Shashakiro was definitely my biggest competitive influence. That was back when you could actually keep up with all the new songs they were adding to the game. I still remember when Destiny and Balloon Fever were considered the most difficult files (outside of the legacy classical junk).

From then on until my retirement around late 2009 the people who I admired most in the game were probably Reach, Thaor and tsutter. I suppose this was because they could do all the insane files I never could - mostly files involving lots of jackhammers and / or weird burst stuff (think death piano), which were always my weaknesses.

Some of the posters I remember who really stood out as some of the nicest, funniest and most interesting were glove, dynamo, reach, banditcom and zaghurim. blurk was absolutely fucking hilarious too. IIRC he was kind of a jackass though.

Aw shucks. I miss all you guys. I really do. We had one hell of a ride. It's scary to think I'm now almost twice the age I was when I started playing this game.
Bahamut-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2015, 08:05 PM   #64
csoup1414
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I really never made friends on here with anyone..so I never had anyone to push me to get better. Only my own desire to show my friends "hey look what I can do...this is why I can type 100+ words a minute!"
I always looked up to Shashakiro. I'm not entirely sure why...maybe it was his avatar of a dragon? Or the fact that he was the number 1 player for an hour and was bumped back down to number 2 not much longer.
csoup1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2015, 08:54 PM   #65
NeoMaxx69
Bad at spread
FFR Veteran

Halogen because we used to be footspeed bros back in the day and when I found out how good he was at FFR I got inspired to try harder/learn how to spread.

Hakulyte because beast.
Old 03-2-2015, 10:05 PM   #66
DotKritic
Forum User

I started to think about getting better just to get to the top 1000. Didn't happen.

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004
DotKritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2015, 10:08 PM   #67
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

i was influenced by everyone who got banned on here into becoming a shitty person
also corn made me care a lot about the last official

Last edited by lurker; 03-2-2015 at 10:10 PM..
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2015, 10:13 PM   #68
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I have always been more interested in the stepfiles themselves than the actual skill needed to complete them. That's why I was mostly influenced by the simfiles of old school step artists, like bmah, hi19hi19, Rebirth0, behanjc, ElectricWerewolf, Exige, aperson, pfx, Syrus, McGravel, Zaghurim, Bursurk Lurk, Yessss, Silvuh, dondon151, Glove, Kil, ... Basically what I could find on FlashFlashRevolution or download for Stepmania back in 2006.

However, in 2010 I began uploading some stepping videos on youtube and psychoangel691 noticed them and told me to join Dragons Fury. I think that was the most influential group of people I met on FFR. Her, along with Halogen, who_cares973 (at the time), Xx{Midnight}xX , iironiic, Niala, Scintill, sky_kitten, alexdest, kommisar, T-Force, and a bunch of others who took the time to play my files and review them in-depth, even though they were not always very interesting.

Seriously, a huge thanks to psychoangel for noticing me, without whom I would not have stepped a single file for FFR.

And last but not least, more recently, Hateandhatred, Sanzath, Hakulyte and mostly xXOpkillerXx inspired me to get better at this game through practice and repeated plays. Since then, I bought a mechanical keyboard and saw a huge skillboost.

I love all of you guys so much. There are tons of people I really look up to, here.

edit: and it's super flattering to see my name on some posts in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 03-2-2015 at 10:37 PM..
MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-3-2015, 01:58 AM   #69
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

I honestly don't play enough to have anyone influence me, playing-wise. But as a person, basically all the people i've known since i started coming on the forums here are who influenced me in one way or another. Those people being:

T-Force
Sky Kitten
prongsie
charissa
benguin
pmonibuv
luis

plus the TWGers i've met recently that i've really connected with:
danceguy
jteh
funnygurl
and basically everyone else but those are the three that mostly deserved to be mentioned by name

<3 you guys
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote