Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2014, 01:32 PM   #361
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

And plus, of course ben's gonna come in with some wall of text because he's replacing someone that said absolutely nothing the entire game. We need to know his position on where things stand. I even asked for his "wall of text"

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:36 PM   #362
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Like literally it has to be Ben.
Everyone except me and clasko voted tps so unless the wolf voted for his partner it's between us.
The fact that he finally got subbed out after a few days of nothing and only after a wolf lynch seems really really odd to me. It literally jumps out as he was a wolf and now HAS to be replaced lest the wolf doesn't send in a nightkill.

The other option is that he's the seer. Which I think the best way to determine would be putting pressure to claim and seeing if we get a counterclaim. If he does turn out to be the seer town will get 3 confirmed greens. Seeing how it'll be 5 players left, having 3 confirmed greens will basically be game over for the last wolf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #363
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Yeah I think this is best to leave up to the seer. I do feel that it's between you and ben. It would be dumb for anyone to claim anything tonight lmfao so I guess we just wait for 8 hours and 19 minutes.

I'd like to see other people's stances on this matter.

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #364
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
Yeah I think this is best to leave up to the seer. I do feel that it's between you and ben. It would be dumb for anyone to claim anything tonight lmfao so I guess we just wait for 8 hours and 19 minutes.

I'd like to see other people's stances on this matter.
Yeah obviously wait for the day phase to claim.
Regarding you question on the insta, I backed off tps because of the traction that occurred after I claimed I was going to vote. The whole "lets not waste anymore time" thing Meloncollie said really rubbed me the wrong way. I just dont like those situations..its too easy to allow a wolf to hide.

In hindsight, yeah mud on my face. But he could've easily flipped town just the same.
Quote:
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Old 12-22-2014, 02:41 PM   #365
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne

Having doubts on Red Blaster being the Wolf at the moment. While I liked reuben_tate taking initiative and giving his thoughts on a fair deal of the game, I don't like how he retained his suspicion of me after seeing my argument with TPS. I ended up pushing for his lynch, after all. I'm not one for bussing that hard.

---

Wolf
Mecha Seer
Doctor
Human
Human
Human

Here's the setup as of right now.

If a Human is wolfed next Phase and the Seer seered one of the remaining living Players, claim. Doctor, claim next and the game becomes autowin. Just lynch the two question marks.

If the Doctor or a Human is wolfed next Phase and the Seer seered two of the remaining living Players, claim. Lynch the two question marks since it's autowin again.

And obviously, if the Seer gets a Red result next Phase, claim. Even if the Wolf counterclaims next Phase, we just lynch both of you and win.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:22 PM   #366
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

To the seer, if you haven't already seered me or Ben/Clasko one of us should be your target tonight.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #367
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

We are gonna have a talk about angle shooting because its an issue that needs to be addressed. Was gonna save it for postgame but I think I should go ahead and nip this in the bud for the sake of this game, as well as future games.

Angleshooting is reading into anything a moderator does in game, or attempting to use something the moderator says or does. This is wrong.

Attempting to read into why someone was replaced is reading into OGI (out of game information). Attempting to use OGI is a very slippery slope, and most importantly in my opinion, is both detrimental to the game and an insult to the way this game is meant to be played. If you are town, your job is to find the wolves and lynch them. The way this is done is by following information you know as a result of simply playing the game. It is NOT done by attempting to read between the lines of what the mod posted or what the mod did. If you are a wolf, your job is to reach parity, which is done by making townies turn against one another and by making people think you are town. This is NOT done by attempting to abuse what the mod said or did into either making yourself look more human or making a human look more wolfy. But I assume you all know how to win as either alignment. What many people that play on FFR (And this certainly extends to people who are considered to be veterans) seem to not realize is the negative effect it has on the game.

I am not a player in this game; do not attempt to read me. Recently, a player read into something the mod posted in the quicktopic. They were going to kill the seer that night, but they convinced themselves that something the mod had said meant that someone else was the seer. They killed them instead; they lost the game the very next day when the seer claimed a red on them. Point is, angleshooting is like the Sword; those who take it shall certainly perish by it.

I make the PMs you receive, the day and night phase updates, the votecounts, everything I can think of as neutral and as deprived of game-related information as I possibly can without being a complete robot when it comes to modding. I do not drop hints for one side or another. I do not influence the game. If I make a decision, it is for the better of the game, not because I favor one side to win. I don't care who wins this game, I want people to have fun. Angleshooting isn't fun; quite frankly, its only a hair's width away from cheating. I know you guys want to win, but do it honorably.

A lot of respectable TWG/Mafia sites have rules against angleshooting (People get modkilled and banned for it on many of these). FFR is not like those. One of the best things about this site is how relaxed many of the players here are. Please keep it this way.

I obviously can't monitor what you think as a result of what I say. I may be the Worst Host 2014, but I know what my limits are. I can't stop you from thinking "X is A because the mod said so or did a" or "I can get Y lynched using what the mod said/did," but I will stop any attempts to bring those thoughts into the game. You are welcome to your opinions as a result of what I do, you are NOT welcome to voicing these in the thread.

I don't want to do it, but I will modkill anyone in this game who angleshoots in the thread after this point. I know there is no direct rule against angleshooting on FFR, and I don't directly have the power to change rules, but I believe that it needs to stop.

I want you all to have fun, and I think this game has been a rather good one to mod. This post is not a result of just this game, but of several instances of this in the past, a few of which I must admit I am guilty of doing before I realized what I was doing was wrong, as well as several since then due to my competitive nature. I want this forum game to be a place where people join and have fun, and do their best as players to win the game as sportsmanlike as possible, as trite as that sounds. I think this helps that be realized.

Again, please do not angleshoot any further at your own risk.
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #368
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Even disregarding the sub timing, I'm still fairly sure it has to be Ben. Just given the eod votes.

What do you guys think are the chances the wolf fell in on tps? Knowing his wolf buddy was going down basically regardless of what happened, jumping onboard would distance them and guarantee their safety for at least a few more phases.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #369
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

I really don't think Ben is the wolf. Even with my earlier thoughts because Clasko was MIA, I'm not transferring those onto him. He hasn't shown any telltale signs of being a wolf yet (to be fair, he has only just started posting, but still. you can slip up first post, as we saw from TPS)
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #370
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

Not to say it isn't possible, he just hasn't given me any reason thus far to assume he's the wolf.
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:04 PM   #371
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
Attempting to use OGI is a very slippery slope, and most importantly in my opinion, is both detrimental to the game and an insult to the way this game is meant to be played.
See... this is how I feel about replacing players. Technically every player is actually a "character" in the game and that character could theoretically be played by anyone. But in TWG when so much of the game is reliant on picking apart personal tells and everyone plays very differently and uniquely, replacing a player often feels like just dropping a random player into the game and the remaining players are left just scratching their heads

I really do understand with what your post is saying and agree with you 100% in an ideal game. But in a game where 1 in goddamn 3 players have been replaced, there is no way we could continue the game without discussing these replacements in detail. There's just no way around it without deciding to completely ignore them. We don't want to discuss the mod action, we are forced to discuss the replacement and that can/sometimes should include when it happened, even if that means discussing a mod action

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:50 PM   #372
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

You're not forced to do anything. It sucks I've had to replace 3 different players, but that doesn't mean the game revolves around a necessary mod action. You can talk about what people did before replacements or people's opinions of them before that; that's fine. Talking about "X was replaced because A and that means either 'I can use this to my advantage and push mislynches' or 'The replacement makes me think X is not a wolf because the mod wouldn't replace an inactive wolf' is NOT ok. I see no reason why the game requires you to do what I asked you not to do.
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #373
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Let's just drop it in the interest of not getting modkilled.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-22-2014, 08:47 PM   #374
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
I see no reason why the game requires you to do what I asked you not to do.
It doesn't, it requires us to talk about it in general and I just think that the distinction is kinda weird and pointless in this circumstance. I know it sucks for everyone replacing players. But I agree this is better left for after the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:53 PM   #375
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I could say something, but I'd probably get rekt for it.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #376
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Just wanted to say I'm here! Writing responses now...

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 09:45 PM   #377
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
Mashi fucking destroyed me in 100% OJ... again... and so did r.... again....

Ben have any reads or anything? :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
Imma just get myself mod killed if you lot try to lynch me.
Honestly with all of you going on about me the wolves should just wolf me..since I'm everyone's D3 hunch it'd basically set town back to square one. Square fucking one.
Well, that's not very good sportsmanship at all

Quote:
I just busted this game open and Sunfan helped me do it.
Clasko FINALLY got replaced after the wolf lynch. He's obviously the second wolf. You yourself said the tps clasko team seemed highly likely. .so what do you think about his substitution?
I would like to keep this topic since I have a counter-argument, but in respect to TSF's post, I'm going to refrain.

Quote:
Benguin even came in with that very Tps-esque wall of text
If you knew my meta, you'd know that it's not uncommon for me for just barge in once in awhile with a massive multi-quote Wall of Death. Actually, that's typically my posting style in ffr (you should see when I used to post in the FFR scores thread! ). Anwyays, there's that a whole bunch of other reasons I'll list.
1) That's just how I post, already mentioned this.
2) My post was solicited; I've been asked for a list of reads and my thoughts.
3) Considering Clasko has been gone the entire game, I felt the need to make up for his absence. A one sentence summary of my thoughts on 17 pages would not have been of service to the town.
4) I was extremely inactive in the last game I played due to school and stuff so I'd like to make up for that as well.

Quote:
it's between us
Well, that simplifies things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Claythorne View Post
Having doubts on Red Blaster being the Wolf at the moment. While I liked reuben_tate taking initiative and giving his thoughts on a fair deal of the game, I don't like how he retained his suspicion of me after seeing my argument with TPS. I ended up pushing for his lynch, after all. I'm not one for bussing that hard.
I apologize Charles, the way I was writing my posts, I was writing as I read. So my thoughts towards everyone changed the more I read. So my thoughts at the end of any given read are the most reflective of what I think about that person so in your case, you're actually like souper town right now for me. Just wanted to clear that up.

Quote:
---

Wolf
Mecha Seer
Doctor
Human
Human
Human

Here's the setup as of right now.

If a Human is wolfed next Phase and the Seer seered one of the remaining living Players, claim. Doctor, claim next and the game becomes autowin. Just lynch the two question marks.

If the Doctor or a Human is wolfed next Phase and the Seer seered two of the remaining living Players, claim. Lynch the two question marks since it's autowin again.

And obviously, if the Seer gets a Red result next Phase, claim. Even if the Wolf counterclaims next Phase, we just lynch both of you and win.
And nice job with the analysis. It's good to remember where things stand and the possible scenarios.

Quote:
-snip snip-
Thanks for the message, I didn't know that was a thing that was frowned upon until now. I'll try to keep that in mind from this game and future ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
It doesn't, it requires us to talk about it in general and I just think that the distinction is kinda weird and pointless in this circumstance. I know it sucks for everyone replacing players. But I agree this is better left for after the game!
I think it's fine to talk about the replacement itself. Like we can discuss the difference in posting style/attitude between one person and their replacement, or we can talk about the difference in activity between a person and their replacement. I think was TSF is trying to get at is that it is NOT ok to solve about WHY TSF made the replacement at the time that he did and to come up with speculations as to TSF's decisions. I think that is what TSF is trying to get at, hopefully he'll correct me if I'm wrong x:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Old 12-22-2014, 09:46 PM   #378
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Also, 15 minutes till end of night phase I think? Where is everyone?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-22-2014, 09:49 PM   #379
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post

I think it's fine to talk about the replacement itself. Like we can discuss the difference in posting style/attitude between one person and their replacement, or we can talk about the difference in activity between a person and their replacement. I think was TSF is trying to get at is that it is NOT ok to solve about WHY TSF made the replacement at the time that he did and to come up with speculations as to TSF's decisions. I think that is what TSF is trying to get at, hopefully he'll correct me if I'm wrong x:
This should be talk, what was I thinking?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-22-2014, 09:55 PM   #380
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm here.
Quote:
Quote: