i want to ask if worgen night elf cross species rp fetishes are a thing

but i already know they are
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-5-2014, 06:38 PM   #3163
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: World of Warcraft

i'm actually a worgen druid so yeah i'm sure i'll run into that shit at some point
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-5-2014, 07:22 PM   #3164
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

also just for posterity

all bets are on paragon
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-5-2014, 10:05 PM   #3165
warriormag17
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to warriormag17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
also just for posterity

all bets are on paragon

Believe in America!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
Old 12-6-2014, 01:00 AM   #3166
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLiTz View Post
BE Holy Priest - 3/7 currently. Brackenspore is a S.O.B. Anyone here got tips for dealing with the creeping moss?
Shrooms are your best friend on this fight. Sidenote (because I actually didnt know) the flamethrowers flame is a toggle ability. I thought it burned til it was 100%. Also really yeah, make sure dps is there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cetaka View Post
whats namine like in person
darklordsarumon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-9-2014, 11:26 PM   #3167
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to darklordsarumon9 Send a message via Skype™ to darklordsarumon9

Well, im just going to straight up post the guild ad I made aka we're recruiting :P

Shark Throwing Bears is now recruiting! The guild has been around since the middle of Cata and we are now pushing forward with Highmaul (5/7). We are a semi-serious guild which means there are always fun happenings & drunken runs, but progression time means serious faces. Ahead of the Curves earned for Siege, MSV & Throne. Current raid times are Tuesdays & Thursdays 5-8pm server.

The only per-requisite for acceptance is that you are not a squirrel. Please come to raids with your big boy (or girl) pants on & be ready to listen. When everyone does their job there is loot to go around.

All classes/specs are welcome. Flasks, potions & food will be distributed on raid nights.

Pumped? Ready to throw some bears? Feel free to leave a message here, or if you prefer a private message works as well. You may also contact one of our officers.

Rime#1122 (me) Zarashi#1115 KytXune#1371

Guild site - http://sharkthrowingbears.guildlaunch.com/ Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/ar...owing%20Bears/

Hope to be raiding with you soon!
Quote:
Old 12-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #3168
darklordsarumon9
FFR Player

To the toons who stand right outside the port in Dal, you're the real hero. I was in Florida last year without my computer so I didn't finish the meta lol.

So 5/7 Highmaul is no problem at all. After the guild got a few upgrades we one-shot everything up to Ko'ragh. Can anyone give me any advice? Yes we make sure to position the adds inside the void zones, knock the balls back up, run away from Frost ect.

Honestly I think one of the problems may be we're so melee heavy. Even with everyone being 16/17k dps we're prob spending too long taking the shield down. Best attempt was ~11% =[
Quote:
Old 12-17-2014, 08:42 PM   #3169
KLiTz
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

6/7 Disc Priest here.

Kor'agh can be a bitch. Be ready for big heals after Expel Magic: Shadow.

When he heads to the middle to charge up his rune, make sure whatever player you send in to get the shield is topped off at all times so his shield is maxed... then just make sure said player absorbs the falling orbs.

You've said you take care of pretty much everything that could be an issue. Could just be you guys arent pushing the DPS to get through the fight? Is it a failing at mechanics issue or not enough heals?

Are your heals going OOM? What healer comp are you running? We run R Sham, R Druid, Disc Priest and if needed Holy Paladin. Seems to work very well.
KLiTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:48 PM   #3170
warriormag17
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

6/7 Mythic player here. Basically what the above person said. Make sure you have enough casters in the raid to where you have as many people with shields as you do orbs falling. That's basically all you need to do for this fight.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:30 AM   #3171
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

This raid tier seems pretty well done.
Mythic Kargath actually looks pretty interesting and fun for an entrance boss. Mythic Brackenspore is a very interesting fight design-wise.
Tectus seemed like a cool idea when I first heard it but it seems the strategy used in all the Mythic kill videos devolves more or less into "AoE and pray not to die" for the last phase, which is a little disappointing- I thought it would actually require some really careful control. Though, done this way it certainly feels climactic haha

I'm excited for the Mythic Mar'gok videos to be posted, though I'm also glad to be patient because I like that the current top guilds are waiting until more people down it.
The 15 minute+ long epic fights have always been memorable for me - I still have really fond memories of H Lich King and TBC stuff like Kael'thas (though apparently Deathwing wasn't so good rofl glad I missed that one)

Seeing this kind of thing makes me consider re-subscribing, then I remember all the farming and other bullshit I'd have to do in order to enjoy raiding again and then I go back to non-MMO games.

EDIT- Man this got me nostalgic. Just watched some old raid videos. Sinestra video gave me the most feels, because that was my last tier. (Especially coming off H Cho'gall, which was an incredible fight in its own right)
Constantly fucking up Wrack CD/dispel rotations (and the joy of finally getting them right), yelling at our Spitecaller DPS who always seemed to miscoordinate an Unleash Essence interrupt, watching every mana user cream their pants the first time we got to play with the phase 3 buff, and the thrill of the first kill that ended with a single mage alive because he ice blocked the final flame breath that killed everyone else... good times.
Firefighter, Yogg0 and the H ICC videos I watched got me too, I really liked Ulduar hardmodes and ICC.

I miss the camaraderie and military precision of a well-run raid, but I don't miss the time commitment and the occasional drama.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 12-18-2014 at 03:01 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #3172
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Mmm dat Envy kill video

1080p quality, no stupid intro or boss voiceover shit, no obnoxious music, interesting PoV (healer = good, melee dps literally staring at the boss's ass for 10 minutes = bad), full voicecomms, and good nerdscreams. Heartbeat monitor is a hilarious and awesome bonus too.

warriormag17 I'm not sure who is editing your videos now (Absalom still?) but whoever it is, tell them to make them this way! The hardcore nerds like me would appreciate it.
p.s. I'm confident you guys got it soon <3

EDIT- Watched all the videos, still trying to wrap my head around what Method were doing with the tanking in the last phase.
The other 3 guilds moved the boss around the outside (basically the standard for any Grobbulus analogue boss with an ability/add that poops a trail of fire behind him) and then ideally had the Glimpses and their soakers right on the inside edge of the ring of add pools, and then the raid in the middle of the room. But Method had some weird thing where they managed to put all the pools in the corners by moving the boss in some sort of X formation, and that seemed to give them a lot more room to manage Stars and spread for the Glimpse stack explosions. But it also seemed to involve a lot more moving of the boss, and possibly some DPS loss with that. Maybe there's something I'm missing in that phase but, it's interesting to see the variation.
Style War employing the classic "kite literally everything that doesn't absolutely have to be killed" method is also really amusing, if somewhat expected- if an add can be kited, I actually get disappointed if a guild doesn't try kiting it :P

EDIT 2- grats warriormag17, Empire's Twilight

Last edited by hi19hi19; 12-19-2014 at 11:56 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:22 PM   #3173
DCRemix
FFR Player

People still play WoW?

Last edited by DCRemix; 12-22-2014 at 08:29 PM..
DCRemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:12 PM   #3174
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

si
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:17 PM   #3175
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCRemix View Post
i'm an idiot
ye
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:03 AM   #3176
DCRemix
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
ye
I got Shrekt, well met Choof.
DCRemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:34 AM   #3177
Izzy
Snek

I think I am done with this game. This just isn't WoW anymore. I have a bajillion steam games to play anyway.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:50 AM   #3178
warriormag17
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I think I am done with this game. This just isn't WoW anymore. I have a bajillion steam games to play anyway.
You'll be back. They all come back.

Also @hi19, thanks dude! Expect us to do better in Blackrock Foundry. Lots of bad play this tier being weeded out.

Last edited by warriormag17; 12-23-2014 at 07:51 AM..
warriormag17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:20 AM   #3179
Izzy
Snek

They would have to make the pvp not terrible.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:56 AM   #3180
KLiTz
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Why is PvP terrible?

I really hope you arent about to say, "Because Xclass is OP"...

There are plenty of viable comps in arenas and if you prefer to BG, roll in with friends. 9 times out of 10 an organized group of competent friends can turn the tide from an getting an ass wooping to wooping ass. Thats what works for me anyway and I am just an average skilled PvPer.

Edit: And for the love of God remove flying from the game entirely, broke the hell out of world interactions ESPECIALLY in regards to PVP. Horsies and flight paths only. :uts on the nostalgia goggles::

Last edited by KLiTz; 12-23-2014 at 09:00 AM..
KLiTz is offline   Reply With Quote