Old 11-26-2014, 02:51 PM   #21
Velocity
Doing the wrong thing the right way since 2010.
Site and Game Administrator
AdministratorRetired StaffDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: [MWT] FFR Mobile Window Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
Also if you're coding something for mobile I might suggest these:
Code:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no">
- Maintaining ratio and sensible sizing by restricting user scaling capabilities
<meta name="mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
- Using these will allow people to create an app-like standalone using Chrome and Safari (and I 
  wouldn't be surprised if others do the same), which is pretty handy and neat in my opinion.
  It is just shy of having a legitimate app at that point, as it runs as an independent process 
  from the browser app process even though it is technically running in the browser in full screen.
Just a suggestion. I have a web app that I created with jQueryMobile and those two features are pretty dang nifty in my opinion. If you create a good graphic and throw it in a link tag for the icon, when someone "adds to homescreen" the page, it will pull the icon and use it as an "app icon". You can read more on it here if you feel like it (information is relevant directly to Chrome, Safari info is here though I know significantly less about that info).
I added in the codes, though I need to make an icon to complete it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_ator View Post
Side note on another thing I noticed, not sure how easy this would be to fix, but:

If you click the stats tab, then the forum tab or something else, it'll load the one you clicked then jump back to stats once it loads completely.
It should be fixed now. I also fixed up the way quotes are display on the forum tab, should look much better.

I'm also looking into adding some of the current functionally stats tab into the current levelranks page, though that will likely break so peoples tools that scrap the page for data. Hopefully I can setup the API developer page so they can use that instead.

Last edited by Velocity; 11-26-2014 at 02:52 PM..
Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:54 PM   #22
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Nice work regardless, it's coming along nicely. I'd offer to help but you seem to have it pretty well covered.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:36 PM   #23
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
stuff
Just wanted to notify you if you use something to track when you're quoted on FFR so I could get your attention, Velocity

Are you or someone else doing development on this still? I'd be interested in looking at the current project and potential ways to move with it if nobody else is.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:54 PM   #24
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

There is currently no one working on this project. What did you have in mind Justin?
Zageron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-9-2015, 08:57 AM   #25
justin_ator
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

I think it would be neat to have the mobile site expand to cover more of the content - mobile friendly display of token pages, completion of the user profiles, comparison of stats capabilities transferred to a more mobile friendly format... the list goes on.

Slightly less MWT oriented and more general, but:
I would also be interested in looking into setting FFR up with Chrome API web-based push notifications, as well as the iOS equivalent through Safari. What this would entail is for things such as pushing notifications to user's phones if they have opted to receive said notifications. This would allow front page posts to be pushed, and even expanded into "receiving notifications for certain scores being beaten" or overall rank changes, etc - opening up a whole new world of competitive interest in FFR.

On an even bigger broader note, something like a goal system in FFR would be neat - something you could set yourself (be it AAA goals, a certain song score goals, or grandtotal goals) and track on profiles (and easily through the MWT ultimately).

I know FFR interest has slumped off a bit but I still think there is new life that can be breathed into it with the right approaches.

Bump

Bump
Old 08-16-2016, 11:01 AM   #26
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Hello fellows hows the MWT coming along

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/mwt/#news
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote