Old 02-15-2014, 08:10 AM   #121
jh05013
g
Event Owl
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

Songs used in the latest tournament still have Funk genre, and the link to the authors are missing.
FC: (100) A Dichroic Glass Snafu
Equiv: (95.46) toromi hearts 2 1-0-0-1
jh05013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:39 AM   #122
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I only just noticed this thread existed. x_x
The artist for October and Toxiferous Dystopia is labelled "DJ Cristo" yet the information for DeVouR says "djcristo".
Considering it's the same artist and he's identified as djcristo on (seemingly) the only other site he's published his work;
Requesting a correction for the sake of consistency~

Edit: Oh and looking through the FFR song list the artist's homepage "djcristo.co.uk" is long dead.
If it's not too much trouble could the links be redirected here instead?
Actually, since I'm on the subject: There are dozens of files throughout that list whose respective artists aren't linked at all.
If it's okay with those responsible for maintaining and updating this information, I'd like to compile a list over the next few days of all the homepages of or places to get in contact with (whichever's available) those artists who were missed. ..Please~

Last edited by Mourningfall; 02-21-2014 at 07:17 AM..
Mourningfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #123
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

It's a known issue, here's what I wrote about djcristo :
Quote:
I believe there is 3 different DJ Cristo.
1. DJ Cristo #1 is from Germany, makes Trance mixes and is pretty much known. (http://www.djcristo.co.uk/)
2. djcristo #2 is from California and make Hip-Hop songs. (http://soundcloud.com/djcristo-1)
3. djcristo #3 is from Illinois and makes DnB music on Newgrounds. (http://djcristo.newgrounds.com/)
The last one is the one we have permission.
bmah said this :

Quote:
Are you sure this is correct, or are you just doing this to distinguish from the more popular artist? DJ Cristo used to be an FFR player years ago, I remember. Here's his profile: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...e/D.J.+Cristo/
So I'm not sure if he wants to be actually represented as "djcristo".
It's debatable, but that was the name of his profile on Newgrounds where he posted the track. We could ask him if he wants his name to be credited as "DJ Cristo" (and I'll do extra research to find if he said anything about that). At the least, it's one way or the other.
edit : I think I've found where it all began : http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...to#post2298443. Seems like at the time, they didn't bother with the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall View Post
Edit: Oh and looking through the FFR song list the artist's homepage "djcristo.co.uk" is long dead.
If it's not too much trouble could the links be redirected here instead?
Actually, since I'm on the subject: There are dozens of files throughout that list whose respective artists aren't linked at all.
If it's okay with those responsible for maintaining and updating this information, I'd like to compile a list over the next few days of all the homepages of or places to get in contact with (whichever's available) those artists who were missed. ..Please~
I've been maintaining links on the wiki about that. (although I'm not finished adding all of them, it's a long process)
I've been thinking, instead of using links to the artists websites directly (because they go down very often, or sometimes we don't have any links at all), we could link their wiki page instead (for multiple links and background information, etc). Just an idea.
(if you want to help out finding links, that would be cool, you should start in reverse order )

edit : coolrun did the same in 2011 : http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...0&postcount=28
I've missed his post, I'll review it and add those links if I'm missing any.

Last edited by noname219; 02-21-2014 at 07:33 AM..
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:35 AM   #124
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I had noticed there were others who'd recorded under the same title, which is why I felt as though djcristo would be a clearer way to distinguish between the artists. Especially considering I wasn't able to find any of his work under a different name.
It doesn't seem as though he frequents Newgrounds anymore and his account here has been inactive for quite some time,
so contacting him seems like a less certain resolve.

Though contacting him through aim or the email address he registered under is a possibility,
so is just changing the accreditation entirely to D.J. Cristo and giving him an FFR Music Producer status.

To actually answer your question bmah; no I'm not sure it's correct but before I learned he'd registered an account here,
I really had no reason to believe he should be credited otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname219 View Post
if you want to help out finding links, that would be cool, you should start in reverse order
And thank you! It'd be my pleasure~

Last edited by Mourningfall; 02-21-2014 at 07:46 AM..
Old 02-21-2014, 07:46 AM   #125
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Same name artists aren't really a problem at the moment here, we have no artists that have exactly the same name (even counting the blanket/limite permissions*). The goal is to keep the most precise information as provided by the musician. As far as I know, djcristo never released Devour under the aka "DJ Cristo" or "D.J. Cristo", I would agree with you that the name displayed should be "djcristo" for all three songs.
We should give him FFR Music Producer status also.

(bmah's answer was directed to me )

* there's only Wipeout and W1p3out that could create confusion

Last edited by noname219; 02-21-2014 at 07:50 AM..
Old 02-21-2014, 08:22 AM   #126
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Same name artists aren't really a problem at the moment here, we have no artists that have exactly the same name (even counting the blanket/limite permissions*). The goal is to keep the most precise information as provided by the musician. As far as I know, djcristo never released Devour under the aka "DJ Cristo" or "D.J. Cristo", I would agree with you that the name displayed should be "djcristo" for all three songs.
We should give him FFR Music Producer status also.

(bmah's answer was directed to me )

* there's only Wipeout and W1p3out that could create confusion
Could create confusion? I think it might have already.
Both artists webpages link to the same deleted soundcloud account, it could be that they're the same artist
or it could also be possible one of the files was mislabelled when it was submitted. (though I don't feel entirely confident about this just yet)

After a little digging the stylisation for "WipEOut" should be "Wip'E"Out", whom we've a conditional permission to step (restricting 3 songs), but I couldn't actually seem to find a blanket or conditional permission for W1p3out amongst the artist permissions thread.
Generally it seems as though once the artists permission's acquired the index is updated to include that artist and the site they were contacted on/their official website; but for w1p3out I couldn't seem to see anything. (The name shows up in the 8th post in the ABP thread under ingame song permissions, but there doesn't seem to be any links to the artists homepage or any indication that he'd given permission at all)
It turns out he was an old school simfiler for SM, so we could have gotten permission through a staff member having known him personally, but there doesn't seem to be any observable proof.
I was just trying to verify whether or not the two were one and the same, but it seemed to raise more questions than it answered.

Last edited by Mourningfall; 02-21-2014 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: crappy syntax, I need to learn to proofread when I'm tired ^^
Old 02-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #127
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Only useful link for W1p3out : (I might have some more on my PC)
http://www.remix64.com/track/w1p3out...reaktor-remix/

I'm pretty sure they are the same person :
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/299871
http://www.stepmania.com/download.ph...transtic.smzip
Old 02-21-2014, 08:51 AM   #128
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

So in the spirit of keeping things as precise as possible, is it worth changing one of the songs artist info?
Considering it's all a matter of how the artist personally chooses to credited, yet he's released songs under several different stylisations; they're both technically correct.

How ever the situation is dealt with shouldn't really make a difference, but I guess we should let Dossar know that he has the same artists permission twice in the blanket permission thread. I'd thought to myself that though it might be the same person they could be different projects, but Fantranstic seems to've been released under both stylisations so I guess there's no need to change anything then. Sorry I tend to fixate on the details too much and completely neglect the simple and direct solutions. Something just didn't seem right x_x

Last edited by Mourningfall; 02-21-2014 at 06:33 PM..
Old 02-21-2014, 09:21 AM   #129
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
So in the spirit of keeping things as precise as possible, is it worth changing one of the songs artist info?
Considering it's all a matter of how the artist personally chooses to credited, yet he's released songs under several different stylisations; they're both technically correct.
It all comes down to the official accreditation. Since W1p3out has wiped his SoundCloud account (but can be seen here : http://archive.is/ftZyU), there's no way to know exactly how Fantranstic was credited. We can assume it was credited as "Wip'E"Out" because it seems he posted all his tracks there. (he had a Myspace too : https://myspace.com/W1p3out, but it's also down and he's on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/W1p3out)

One thing for sure is that he never uses "WipEOut" as his alias (only FFR does), so I think the correct change to make would be WipEOut -> Wip'E"Out.

edit : WTF, it works (no mention of Fantranstic there, hmm...) I would still change his name to Wip'E"Out.

Quote:
How ever the situation is dealt with shouldn't really make a difference, but I guess we should let Dossar know that he has the same artists permission twice in the blanket permission thread.
Are you sure ? I don't see it twice.

Last edited by noname219; 02-21-2014 at 09:32 AM..
Old 02-21-2014, 09:25 AM   #130
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Post #8, under "Ingame Artists (w/permissions)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
W

W1p3out*
Waterflame
We Are Scientists
Wheatus
Wickedawesomeful
WillRock07
WipEOut*
Wisp
Wlokos
Quote:
One thing for sure is that he never uses "WipEOut" as his alias (only FFR does), so I think the correct change to make would be WipEOut -> Wip'E"Out.
Agreed completely,
sorry I was too busy focusing on whether it was also necessary to make any alterations to the other stylisation.
Thanks for your patience noname, I'll be back if I notice any other tiny errors or inconsistencies~ =w=

Last edited by Mourningfall; 02-21-2014 at 09:34 AM..
Old 02-21-2014, 09:30 AM   #131
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Oh, that post is meant to redirect the musicians in FFR to a permission (some appears twice because that's how they are credited in the game). I was looking at post #2.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #132
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

We can always create some kind of quick topic for those discussions if people are actually interested in helping. Nice to see when anybody helps. :D
Crazyjayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #133
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Or use Skype. :P
Old 09-9-2014, 02:02 PM   #134
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Hey babe?
Do you wanna perhaps revise the thread and continue this beast?
Old 09-9-2014, 02:37 PM   #135
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Sure, hit me up on skype tonight.
Old 09-9-2014, 03:35 PM   #136
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I really like this thread.
I only wish I could help implement it.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2014, 03:55 PM   #137
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

We hop on this project on and off whenever we have the liberty of sacrificing some free time. Altough what we're doing right now is consolidating our notes to make a proper draft, fetch all information we can on the artists, update them to the wiki, and hopefully make the song correction thread final and ready to be implemented.
We're also hoping to forward each artist redirection to their corresponding wiki page, that way information is centralized even though something goes down.

If you want to help, we can either send you entries by alphabetical letter so you can validate/improve the information to the best of your knowledge. Or you can simply do your own research and send us whatever you found.
Just saying hi19, this thread was a marvelous guideline to sorting out a proper format for classical music, so in a way you've already been contributing to this. ;P

Last edited by Crazyjayde; 09-9-2014 at 03:58 PM..
Old 11-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #138
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
- If you know any songs that were once playable in the past. (widgets included) So far, I’ve got :
A Black Rose Burial – A Baleful Aura in the Graveyard of Broken Gears
Captain Jack remixed by Grandale – Captain Jack
My Chemical Romance – Welcome to the Black Parade
Protest the Hero – Sequoia Throne
SquareSoft – Chrono Trigger – Boss Theme
SquareSoft – Final Fantasy 7 Battle
Stargroup100 vs Tim Halbert – Hyperactivity
The Flashbulb – Undiscovered Colors
Years around the sun – Miles Away
Every file that was in the main game and removed that I can think of:

Synesthetic (FFR Edit) [old version]
Chrono Trigger
FF7 Battle
Dub-I-Dub
Break Down!
In Da Club by 50 Cent
Afronova Primeval
Dynamite Rave
Put Your Faith in Me
Pwnd!
FFR Special Mix
Mr. Larpus by BanYa
Genesis One
Captain Jack
Let Me Be Your Pirate (has been re-added)
*Winning*
{Lazy Summer Days} gamma
Variations 2 gamma
Guitar Sounds gamma
Grist gamma
Speedcore 300 by Hypernite Industries
Undiscovered Colors [old version]
Whimper Wall (actual name: Unreal Superhero 2 by Rez, also called Unreeeal Superhero 2 or Unreal Superhero #2 or with varying capitalization, not sure what is proper)
Gigadelic
Miles Away by Years Around the Sun
Hyperactivity

Maxx Unlimited was hidden in the game too at one point, according to Dossar.
Don't have artist names for most of these, I'd have to go digging for that info on some of the songs.

Widgets are a whole other beast, probably best to separate them into another category if you're really interested in cataloging them too.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 11-21-2014 at 10:11 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-9-2015, 01:30 AM   #139
Xtreme2252
Jumpstreams Suck
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Xtreme2252 Send a message via MSN to Xtreme2252 Send a message via Yahoo to Xtreme2252 Send a message via Skype™ to Xtreme2252

I've always hated the use of "Pops" in the genres.

Band Dynamics : Pops -> Pop Punk
Chase You Down : Pops -> Alternative Rock
Lover Reef: Pops/Game Remix -> Pop
My Beautiful Rescue : Pops -> Indie Rock
Shut Up and Let Me Go ( w The Ting Tings) [Heavy] -> Pop Rock/Hip-Hop
Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too : Pops -> Pop Rock

Also, there's made up genres like Glittercore and Drumstep. Or at least they sound made up to me.

NameofSong : OldGenre -> NewGenre
Unshakeable: Drumstep -> Industrial Rock/Dubstep

And here's some just general stuff I personally think should be changed.

5 Black Skulls : Rock -> Emo Rock
Amity : Rock -> Emo Rock
Back in the Day : Hip-Hop -> Nerdcore
Beauty Is In the Eyes of the Beerholder [Heavy] : Heavy Metal -> Metalcore
BEER! : Rock -> Comedy Metal
Blooddrunk [Heavy] : Hard Rock -> Melodic Death Metal
Bricks : Rock -> Melodic Hardcore
Build God, Then We'll Talk [Heavy] : Punk Rock -> Baroque Pop Rock
Cash Cow : Punk Rock -> Post Punk
Comfort Betrays : Speed Metal -> Metalcore
Down With the Sickness : Heavy Metal -> Nu Metal
Eradication : Heavy Metal -> Deathcore
Fett's Vette : Hip-Hop -> Nerdcore
Floating Bridge : Hip Hop -> Nerdcore
Goodbye, My Love : Rock -> Emo Rock
Guitar Sound : Instrumental -> Progressive Electronic Rock
Hellhounds On My Trail : Heavy Metal -> Power Metal
I Can't Wait : Industrial -> Industrial Rock
Impulse : Instrumental Rock -> Progressive Instrumental
Inside The Fire [FFR Chart] -> Rock -> Nu Metal
Red Dress [Heavy] : Rock -> Emo Rock
Red Dress [Light] : Rock -> Emo Rock
Resistance : Heavy Metal -> Metalcore
Stay With Me (Unlikely) : Rock -> Industrial Metal
Stay With Me (Unlikely) v2 : Rock -> Industrial Metal
Straight to Video : Rock -> Industrial Punk Rock
Survive : Rock -> Melodic Hardcore
tetris [songstowearpantsto] : Hip-Hop -> Nerdcore
Victims and Martyrs : Rock -> Alternative Rock
Xtreme2252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-9-2015, 01:58 AM   #140
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Most subgenres are named fucking garbage. Like "emo" or "Screamo"

So drumstep ect being a thing doesn't surprise me given the shitty names people use all over the place.

Last edited by XelNya; 01-9-2015 at 01:59 AM..
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote