Old 09-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
dell2150
FFR Veteran
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to dell2150
Default Zelda tattoo design!

Hello wonderful people.
For a long time I have been contemplating a tattoo, and knowing generally what I would like to incorporate.. but never coming up with a solid design and I figured maybe I'll see if anyone would like to design my tattoo for me!

In return I would like to offer credits (however much I can - a LARGE portion of anything that I win in the 6 tournaments I'm enrolled in. I'm hoping several hundred thousand), maybe playing a song for you on piano... the honor of having your artwork permanently on my body.. and would be willing to discuss anything else if you'd like something from me!

The tattoo will be on my right arm (side of bicep, or right where would be covered by a short-sleeved shirt) my preference is color, and I don't have a favorite or choice of colors. Your artistic eyes are better than mine I promise

Firstly, I would like the artwork and Zelda related pieces to come from Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Windwaker (less than the N64 games, but maybe a little bit from WW would be okay. We'll see!)

Items that must be incorporated
1. The Hylian crest:
This could be more decorative, be creative with it, I'm allowing tons of artistic freedom and will give feedback! There are lots of them online so anything could be cool I suppose.

2. Something music related (doesn't have to be Zelda related music - could just be a treble/G or bass/F clef honestly..) I know this is very vague, but that's because I'm open to see many ideas. I am a classically trained pianist and fell in love with Zelda for a lot of its music. So any ideas that could potentially be incorporated would be awesome!

Ideas that I've liked/think are cool
- This one is a Hylian Crest (with TLOZ written across it obviously, which is pretty cool) and it has the Kokiri, Goron, Zora, etc symbols across on each branch. I kind of like the idea but I'm not entirely sure I'd want it.

- This is an example of incorporating some sort of musical tidbit into the tattoo/hylian crest. This one is just Zelda's lullaby written in the Zelda music notation.

This is all I have for now but I may update with more ideas and thoughts as it comes, and I will give feedback as soon as I can to anyone willing to help me get this thing out! I've had the idea for almost 3 years, and I've never taken enough time to piece together a design that I'm completely happy with and I would love if one of you could help me bring it to fruition.

Thank you ahead of time
- Sam

Last edited by dell2150; 09-22-2014 at 08:56 PM..
dell2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:30 PM   #2
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Zelda tattoo design!

as a person with 0 experience in tattoos but lots of experience in how to make your dog sing la donne e mobile, I can't say much but I personally think tattoos are cool, just as long as you're comfortable with having it on you for the rest of your life.

maybe someone on here or someone you know in person or a friend of a friend of a friend of a fiend of a friend can help you out with a design
Old 09-23-2014, 08:16 AM   #3
dell2150
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7694 View Post
as a person with 0 experience in tattoos but lots of experience in how to make your dog sing la donne e mobile, I can't say much but I personally think tattoos are cool, just as long as you're comfortable with having it on you for the rest of your life.

maybe someone on here or someone you know in person or a friend of a friend of a friend of a fiend of a friend can help you out with a design
Hahahahahaha well thank you anyway. I have one friend from high school that is working on a design for me, but I would love to have more designs come in so I could give feedback and really hone in on something I love, since it's going to be part of me forever
Old 09-23-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

My dad mentioned 2 weeks ago to me that he had a partner at his work that did airbrushing or something along the lines of that, and they are supposed to feel just as real tattoos and wear off in 2 weeks or so, to see if it's really your thing. You gotta make the call whether you would be embarrassed to have it or not when you're 70-80 years old and it changes with age in your skin or something.

Can't stop you if you've already made your decision, just trying to open options of not having regret/grief down the road. Not a fan of tattoos myself, but it's a great choice.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 09-23-2014 at 09:13 AM..
gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #5
dell2150
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
My dad mentioned 2 weeks ago to me that he had a partner at his work that did airbrushing or something along the lines of that, and they are supposed to feel just as real tattoos and wear off in 2 weeks or so, to see if it's really your thing. You gotta make the call whether you would be embarrassed to have it or not when you're 70-80 years old and it changes with age in your skin or something.

Can't stop you if you've already made your decision, just trying to open options of not having regret/grief down the road. Not a fan of tattoos myself, but it's a great choice.
Yea I hear a lot of people saying "my rule is 6 months. If I still like the idea in 6 months, then I'll decide to get it" and I agree with thinking about it over a long period of time vs. the idea of an impulse tattoo (eek). I'd say I probably will get a temporary of the design once it's written in stone, but for now I'm just working on getting all of the ideas collected, and seeing what different artists can come up with. In terms of the age thing, (as well as professional life), that's why I'm getting it in a location that can be hidden by everyday clothing. The game series (and music in general, including music from the games) have had a massive impact on my life and shaped how I've grown, who am I, and what I've accomplished thus far. So I've had the idea since a little bit before 18 (when I would legally be allowed to get a tattoo by myself in Massachusetts) and that's rearing almost 3 years ago and it's still there.

Last edited by dell2150; 09-23-2014 at 09:20 AM..
Old 09-23-2014, 09:21 AM   #6
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

sick stuff mate, can't wait to see the plan bear fruit.

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #7
dell2150
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger View Post
sick stuff mate, can't wait to see the plan bear fruit.
Me too if anyone takes up the offer... xD several hundred thousand credits at stake here!!! Winning design of course gets a ton but I will even give people credits for offering their artistic skills (in any serious entries that is)
Old 09-23-2014, 05:29 PM   #8
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

If I could actually draw artistically... I would help. It's funny though, cause I also am thinking of a Zelda tattoo. Although, a whole sleeve for me.

Picture this: The Triforce on my hand, (a smokey look), then flowing up my arm, all of the Medallions from OoT (in color), in a spiral type deal. Then adding some of the major characters, and maybe some bosses and the horse who hates water (Epona)

thats all i have thought out for my tattoo thus far.

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
party 4u "holy nite mix" v2 - 5-0-1-2
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
Flame Repellent - 5-0-0-0
Kanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:51 PM   #9
dell2150
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzas View Post
If I could actually draw artistically... I would help. It's funny though, cause I also am thinking of a Zelda tattoo. Although, a whole sleeve for me.

Picture this: The Triforce on my hand, (a smokey look), then flowing up my arm, all of the Medallions from OoT (in color), in a spiral type deal. Then adding some of the major characters, and maybe some bosses and the horse who hates water (Epona)

thats all i have thought out for my tattoo thus far.
Hey thanks anyway and thanks for sharing that sound pretty sick I can picture it rather well. Sleeve would be a little bit too much for me, and it'd be hard to hide in situations where I think it'd be most appropriate to do so, especially the hand part, I'd probably love it so much I wouldn't be able to play piano cause I'd be too distracted.

Stick to the idea and flourish it a bit more, when mine all comes together I'd love to share it with you and see how you like it haha!
Old 09-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #10
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dell2150 View Post
Hey thanks anyway and thanks for sharing that sound pretty sick I can picture it rather well. Sleeve would be a little bit too much for me, and it'd be hard to hide in situations where I think it'd be most appropriate to do so, especially the hand part, I'd probably love it so much I wouldn't be able to play piano cause I'd be too distracted.

Stick to the idea and flourish it a bit more, when mine all comes together I'd love to share it with you and see how you like it haha!

Yeah man!

btw i need creds

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
Old 09-23-2014, 08:00 PM   #11
dell2150
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Yeah man!

btw i need creds
Me too, cause I'm gonna have to pay these people, I plan to win at least something in these 238597 tournaments I'm in make me an award winning design and you can get tons of creds!

Edit: I'll have to pay these people IF ANYONE EVER DECIDES TO EVEN ATTEMPT SOMETHING COOL. I wish I was visual/graphic arts as well as performance. Ah poo.

Last edited by dell2150; 09-23-2014 at 08:01 PM..
Old 09-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #12
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dell2150 View Post
Me too, cause I'm gonna have to pay these people, I plan to win at least something in these 238597 tournaments I'm in make me an award winning design and you can get tons of creds!

Edit: I'll have to pay these people IF ANYONE EVER DECIDES TO EVEN ATTEMPT SOMETHING COOL. I wish I was visual/graphic arts as well as performance. Ah poo.
i actually dont need any :P

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
Old 09-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #13
dell2150
FFR Veteran

Quote:
i actually dont need any :P
Oh I do.. or.. I will xD
Old 09-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #14
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

I tell you what though, would you be willing to drive to Indiana? I am friends (well it's my sisters friend) with this girl and her (ex?)husband that own a tattoo shop. Called "Blood Money Tattoo". You can find them on facebook, they may also have a website or something. Check them out. They do great work.

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
Old 09-23-2014, 09:20 PM   #15
dell2150
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I tell you what though, would you be willing to drive to Indiana? I am friends (well it's my sisters friend) with this girl and her (ex?)husband that own a tattoo shop. Called "Blood Money Tattoo". You can find them on facebook, they may also have a website or something. Check them out. They do great work.
Lolol 16 hours? Nope some people from my college would do the drive though and maybe if they were heading out I'd go with them for Christmas break sometime, but I'm getting my tattoo in Boston most likely haha
Old 09-26-2014, 09:56 AM   #16
RB_Quackies
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RB_Quackies

Yeah make it like my profile!
RB_Quackies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #17
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

All my tats were spur of the moments and I still love all of them. It's been 12 years since I got my 1st. I want more, but they're expensive.
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:54 AM   #18
dell2150
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
All my tats were spur of the moments and I still love all of them. It's been 12 years since I got my 1st. I want more, but they're expensive.
Ugh I know, that's the part I'm not looking forward to lolol. That's awesome though, what are they?
Old 09-26-2014, 11:00 AM   #19
Kanzas
Buh
FFR Veteran

My very first tattoo was done on Friday the 13th, for $13 + $7 for the effort.

Top 5
Pimp Slap - 7-0-0-1
Fei Longer - AAA
HELLBEAT - 9-0-1-3
Old 09-26-2014, 11:06 AM   #20
dell2150
FFR Veteran

Quote:
My very first tattoo was done on Friday the 13th, for $13 + $7 for the effort.
Okay damn that's pretty awesome hahaha.