Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 06:53 PM   #701
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 2nd Official FFR StepCon!

this spinal fluid explosion girl song is really cool
if no winners request theirs to queued i'll probably step one for the batch
Old 08-30-2014, 12:38 AM   #702
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
"dicksync" = #1 priority felix isn't that the most obvious thing ? I mean look how colorful it looks like, who the fuck doesnt agree eh

gotta super tehhhknical bro or else u not an tru stepartist.
Well I mean I'm talking about whether or not the sync was right. Most of the ones I listed as not dicksynced had arrows that either felt noticeably off on my sightread, missing syllables, or just straight ghost arrows (after playing it on FFR, my own file included. Oops.) It's not about color for color's sake, but rather the colors frequently result from doing a good job syncing things that are not perfectly quantized, like the vocals in this song. There's obviously a line between being perfectly synced and playability, for me that line trends towards files like E11, obviously for you, Carlos, and others it doesn't.
I think it's a valid comment to note what approach the stepper took towards sync. "Not dicksynced" isn't nessecarily an indictment if you really use the advantages not dicksyncing can give.

Quote:
E3 JS dump is actually rly fun to me so idk why stepper is a culprit cuz he butchered your theory of dicksync vocals but yeh I d k.
Show me where I said it wasn't fun? I agree it was.
That said, I was rating the technical accuracy. Because it was mostly snapped to the nearest 16th or 8th, there are some parts where there is for example two arrows while three syllables are said in the music. That's not a subjective issue, so I was pointing it out. There are also parts where I wasn't immediately sure where the layering was coming from (I'd have to open it in DDReam to really be sure) so that prompted the "kind of a JS dump" comment. A little rude, sure, but with the combination of heavy layering and 16ths to things that didn't sound like 16ths, I'll stand by giving it that label.

Quote:
also why bother typing to almost every comment that you think you know who the stepper is ??? just post a list of your guesses or dont lmao ??

/rant
Was going to then I learned that all my guesses were wrong (and said as much in this thread) so I didn't bother lol
I did a really bad job guessing this round, for sure.
Lots of people I didn't know that well surprised me in impressive ways (E11 obviously, but that's not the only one)
And lots of people whose styles I did know well obviously did things that threw me off.

What I'm getting from this is that I shouldn't just sightread and drop my first thoughts in the thread.
Gotta edit them for careful use of language or else it's more trouble than it's worth.
My apologies, as I seem to have offended people.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 08-30-2014 at 12:52 AM..
Old 08-30-2014, 03:21 AM   #703
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Dicksyncing is a choice most of the time. I didn't dicksync this file because I wanted to take a different approach. Stuff like velocity, champion free verse and loner I did dicksync because I wanted the vocals to be the main focus and have everything else play filler when it synced with the vocals and not the other way around.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:21 AM   #704
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Its a choice is all I'm saying it doesn't make a file better or worse
Old 08-30-2014, 03:25 AM   #705
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

ok i'm drunk and just ate a really good ansandwich let's review some files lmao
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:57 AM   #706
t-rogdor
tane orb

note: for every one of these files that i hate i'm gonna take another shot

D-
1) cut was weird at the end, jacks were totally unnecessary jump placement was questionable, and (I can't believe i of all people am saying this, but) the color note shit to the mario sounds was too much lmfao. playable though! probably one of the better files from this round.
2) cut is weird again. layering is all over the place. I feel like you couldn't decide what difficulty you wanted this to be. not FFR-ready
3) i feel bad shitting on this because it was very obviously made by someone who only got past round one due to how many people didn't submit, but also, there's just so many problems with it I don't even wanna go into it. took 2 shots.
4) awful cut. al;so it's obvious you used ddream. a tip from a fellow ddream user- just because you hear a sound doesn't mean you have to put a note for it. try playing your file in 3.9/3.95 editor and seeing what notes don't make any fucking sense before releasing a file. took half a shot
5) I guess I'm just gonna have to accept that all the cuts for this song are weird. anyway, those green notes are unnecessary and put in awful places, most of the hands you used weren't needed, I question a lot of the jumps. Honestly the problems I have with this chart are similar to the problems I had for my own chart last round
6) THIS IS BY FUCKING FAR THE WORST CUT OF THIS ENTIRE ROUND, MAYBE THE ENTIRE TOURNAMENT. I REFUSE TO EVEN JUDGE THIS FILE BECAUSE THAT CUT WAS SO BAD I QUIT OUT IN THE MIDDLE. NEVER, EVER ATTEMPT TO CUT A SONG EVER AGAIN.
7) bad cut. this plays like a file the 8 year old son of icyworld and QED would make. took a shot
8) overall one one of the better files from this round, though i still hate your cut and also agree with carlsooe that it looks like you gave up on the endl ol
9) jump usage is weird as hell, 16th layering seems a little inconsistent. playable and definitely passable but i'm justnoooooooooooooooooooooooot fuyckin sure anymore l;mfao. 8th of a shoT

10) NICE FADE OUT YOU IDIOT actually i dunno it was ok but like you had that same problem where you seemed unsure of how hard you wanted the file to be lmfao. half a shot.
1t1) he first like minute and a half of this was soilid and played like the original version of my file for this before i toned it down but the ending was unfun and probably done not too great and also I WOULD HAVE A FUCKING EASIER TIME BEATING THE ORIGINAL DEUS EX ON ITS HARDEST DIFFICULTY WITHOTUHT FUCKING DYING THAN I WOULD CALLING THIS A "GOOD CUT". 3/4 a shot
12) cut annoyed me. again. uhhhh. i had some problems with this fcahrt too but i forgetot. them. i forgot. FUCK. uhh. ...h.h.h.h.h..... it had potential. you were O K. heyah. let's settle on. ok! yeah. : )
13)
layer the jumps next time

GROUP E COMING SOON ! ! ! ! ! !$@
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:03 AM   #707
t-rogdor
tane orb

FORGOT TO MENTION: most of group d gets a pass regardless of their file because that song was aboslute shit
Old 08-30-2014, 04:07 AM   #708
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I disagree with most of your reviews, t-rogdor.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:11 AM   #709
t-rogdor
tane orb

ok go another asandwich in me and reloaded my bottle of vodka let's go gorup e

1) note at the ened was wasst unecessary lmfao. uhhhh. i don't really know what to say. I feel bad for this group because you guys got one of those songs where the vocals are key to the song being interesting but they're not exactly steppable (i think to most of Death Grips' 'The Money Store') and stepping them just makes the file stupid as fuck. Only real qualm was dude did you really have to step those piano rolls in the beginning as 24ths lol
2)
3 actually yknow if all these fiels are gonna be 3-4min long I'm not doing this. 9 was my favorite when I played most of them earleiur. fuck this length. It's 4am and I have work to lioe my way out of tomorrow. Good round!!!!!!!! gorup d was awful group e you guys had a lot of good files A+ competition was hard this round and I hope all the gopod steppers make it to round 3 for the big shit alright good night
Old 08-30-2014, 04:12 AM   #710
t-rogdor
tane orb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
I disagree with most of your reviews, t-rogdor.
please, call me rog
also keep in mind i am not in any way sober
honestly file #13 for group D would've been the best if they'd just layered the jumps. not even joking here.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:19 AM   #711
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

@hi19, thank you for polite reply and clearer explanation of your thoughts it is appreciated.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:16 PM   #712
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Next round plz
Old 09-1-2014, 04:30 AM   #713
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

??

Rofl the hype is soooo dead here omg

Last edited by xXOpkillerXx; 09-1-2014 at 06:53 PM..
Old 09-1-2014, 10:07 PM   #714
Reshiram
The Vast White Note

Send a message via AIM to Reshiram Send a message via Yahoo to Reshiram Send a message via Skype™ to Reshiram

What's a hype
Old 09-1-2014, 10:08 PM   #715
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Guess my file
Old 09-1-2014, 10:12 PM   #716
M0nkeyz
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

group D song killed the hype
Old 09-1-2014, 10:26 PM   #717
Reshiram
The Vast White Note

Send a message via AIM to Reshiram Send a message via Yahoo to Reshiram Send a message via Skype™ to Reshiram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
Guess my file
Guess mine
Old 09-1-2014, 10:26 PM   #718
lurker
ur worst nitemare

guess MY file
Old 09-1-2014, 10:31 PM   #719