Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Art and Graphics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2014, 08:00 PM   #1
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Shoe's Graphic Schoppee

Need a random cool graphic for your simfile? Want a CD Title that is recognizable? Tired of that dull profile background you may have? Well I can do just about some of that! Feel free to request something in this thread or send me a private message. I'll update this thread later so it has some examples of what I mean or something.

Remember this garbage? > > http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=81484

Yeah, screw Fireworks. That's some low crappy quality rubbish right there, although it's heavy on the nostalgia. Well I'm back and ready to do a ton more stuff for you guys. I've been semi-practicing, so it'll definitely be a step up from last time.

VS

Heck yeah.

Toss some stuff for me to do and I'll get to work on a nice generic graphic for you. Then your simfile won't be sad with the "no background" background of shame, and your profile will be like "I'm awesome awe yisss." Donations in "credits" or monies are totally welcome. Besides that, this stuff is free. You heard me correct. Free. So good.

I'm reading my other thread, and one huge thing I request from you. BE SPECIFIC! Colors, sizes, styles, text, pictures, anything. It's not fun for me to get a request saying "make me a signature." So many questions I have to ask hrng.

Last edited by dashoe93; 07-30-2014 at 08:06 PM..
dashoe93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:21 AM   #2
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Default Re: Shoe's Graphic Schoppee

make me a signature
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:28 AM   #3
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Way to be specific.

Hey dashoe, do you have any recent examples of your work? I'm not sure what I would be interested in, but if I can get an idea of what you'd be able to offer I may be able to think of something.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:26 AM   #4
Alioth
Banned

I like the cd titles. They both look crisp and refined…yea I would like to see more works from you definitely~
Alioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:48 AM   #5
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

lol, I always wondered who actually created Kommi's and moches' old CD titles.

Glad to see you've improved over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashoe93 View Post
Yeah, screw Fireworks. That's some low crappy quality rubbish right there, although it's heavy on the nostalgia.
Fireworks is a decent program since it's exclusively for editing images that are for screen resolution and display, like web and mobile—it's essentially a very simplified version of Photoshop with limited photo-editing functionality. Fireworks is a good alternative for people who don't want to delve into Photoshop's complexity and flexibility between different mediums pretty much because that can be overwhelming in information and useability.

Just wanted to say this since Fireworks isn't "low crappy rubbish" as you say, it's more along the lines of Photoshop is a massive power house program that can work with photo-editing, print, web/mobile, animation, video, 3D rendering, and more—Fireworks, as I mentioned, is almost exclusively for screen resolution image work.

The choice between the two programs narrows down to either wanting to do only one thing or doing multiple things for a variety of mediums. Because of this, the obvious choice defaults to Photoshop since in this day in age you need to be able to do everything in the working industry, not just one thing.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:51 AM   #6
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
lol, I always wondered who actually created Kommi's and moches' old CD titles.

Glad to see you've improved over the years.

Fireworks is a decent program since it's exclusively for editing images that are for screen resolution and display, like web and mobile—it's essentially a very simplified version of Photoshop with limited photo-editing functionality. Fireworks is a good alternative for people who don't want to delve into Photoshop's complexity and flexibility between different mediums pretty much because that can be overwhelming in information and useability.

Just wanted to say this since Fireworks isn't "low crappy rubbish" as you say, it's more along the lines of Photoshop is a massive power house program that can work with photo-editing, print, web/mobile, animation, video, 3D rendering, and more—Fireworks, as I mentioned, is almost exclusively for screen resolution image work.

The choice between the two programs narrows down to either wanting to do only one thing or doing multiple things for a variety of mediums. Because of this, the obvious choice defaults to Photoshop since in this day in age you need to be able to do everything in the working industry, not just one thing.
Ah, yeah, thanks for the insight. I think I regarded Fireworks as crappy because it was an older version of it, and I didn't actually use more than what was given in the program, at least for the graphical aspect of it. I tried to do more than what Fireworks offered at the time, so most of the stuff I did pretty much looked similar instead of distinct. Well, I thought all of it looked cool at the time, and it probably did, but that's all in the past.

Here's some banner stuff I did on another website for peeps:

Old 07-31-2014, 09:53 AM   #7
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Id move the Koreck a little more up and to the left so that the text can breathe a bit more

otherwise nice improvements and good work friend
Coolboyrulez0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:23 PM   #8
cedolad
moonchild~

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

Oh hey I have a couple of graphic requests. I need a set for SM, the banner being 512x160 and the background being 800x600.

Think of how the album art cover looks, the green and purple blend real nice. The tone is somewhat light and it helps portray the idea "Newborn Sun". So something light would help.

Also I need a 2nd cdtitle. The one I currently have is too bubbley and happy feeling, so attaching them to files like this one feels weird to me. Here's what mine is now:

The dimensions are 150x70, but you can work with whatever. I would like it to be all black, sleek. Maybe a bit white in it to show some contrast. It can simply read "cedo".

Thanks in advance, if there was any details I skipped over please let me know.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:19 PM   #9
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

holy fuck where have you been

omg that cd title I used in rfpack and odi2 jfdklsaj;lk

Last edited by kommisar; 07-31-2014 at 02:20 PM..
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:04 PM   #10
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
Id move the Koreck a little more up and to the left so that the text can breathe a bit more

otherwise nice improvements and good work friend
I agree, though moreover I think the position should instead find a way to be integrated into the left 3rd portion. Just too weird with heirchy stretching out so far like it is.

The graphics are nice though. I really dig kaioku one, love the style. I will say one thing, as a nitpick but as something you can improve with-- for the drop shadow on a piece like that with vibrant colours, adjust the blend mode of the drop shadow to be overlay, or to change the colour to an actual hue of what its "dropping" off of, and with the brightness pulled way down, but not to the point of being actual black. I say this because the dullness is the only sore spot for the eyes and other than that it would be perfect. I'm excited to see more stuff.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:34 PM   #11
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolad View Post
Oh hey I have a couple of graphic requests. I need a set for SM, the banner being 512x160 and the background being 800x600.

Think of how the album art cover looks, the green and purple blend real nice. The tone is somewhat light and it helps portray the idea "Newborn Sun". So something light would help.

Also I need a 2nd cdtitle. The one I currently have is too bubbley and happy feeling, so attaching them to files like this one feels weird to me. Here's what mine is now:

EDIT:That's actually hard to see on a white background. :v hur. I'm going to test it in Stepmania. Might be a good idea. Also I swear it wasn't this plain in Photoshop what happened.

No idea if this is what you're going for. I'm also having brain farts on how I want to do the simfile graphics. To be honest, I'm not like, "great" at making them, so I can't do super cool stuff yet. Still learning, etc. I'll still get some fancy stuff for you as soon as I can. It'll at least be somewhat better than my '08 graphics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
holy fuck where have you been

omg that cd title I used in rfpack and odi2 jfdklsaj;lk
yesssssssssss. Also, you use too many different CD Titles ohmygosh.

And I've been dead or something. Hopefully I'm able to practice more on graphics and simfile making so I can join the cool kids club. Feel free to chat whenever and stuff because you should totally play everything I make so I know it doesn't suck. That'd be awesome <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
I agree, though moreover I think the position should instead find a way to be integrated into the left 3rd portion. Just too weird with heirchy stretching out so far like it is.

The graphics are nice though. I really dig kaioku one, love the style. I will say one thing, as a nitpick but as something you can improve with-- for the drop shadow on a piece like that with vibrant colours, adjust the blend mode of the drop shadow to be overlay, or to change the colour to an actual hue of what its "dropping" off of, and with the brightness pulled way down, but not to the point of being actual black. I say this because the dullness is the only sore spot for the eyes and other than that it would be perfect. I'm excited to see more stuff.
Having the shadow on Overlay made it weird looking in my opinion. The shadow is actually purple, but I guess it's a bit dark. When it comes to terms and etc, my brain just goes "no". I've got a bit of a learning difficulty when it comes to just about anything, so when I read criticism, I'd agree with it, but another part is like "psh, ther totes wrong ha." or I just don't understand completely what's being said. That banner also turned out way better than I expected. I'm used to working with just one or maybe two colors, since that's what I've gotten good at. I feel as if I don't really have a sense of style, but more or less what might look well, and I totally need to work on that. Teach me how to do the thing with the things and the things.

Last edited by dashoe93; 07-31-2014 at 04:36 PM..
Old 08-1-2014, 12:23 PM   #12
cedolad
moonchild~

That CD title is perfect, but one question, I'm super anal about my name being capitalized, could you please lowercase it?
edit: actually never mind, I think I'm gonna take that change. Growing more accustom to it now that I've seen it on SM.

Also the graphics don't have to be super fancy, just something purple/green that blends nicely will work. Most players play with 0% bg brightness so I'm not really concerned with it being super amazing.

Many thanks man

Last edited by cedolad; 08-1-2014 at 12:27 PM..
cedolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-1-2014, 12:30 PM   #13
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd

Quote:
That CD title is perfect, but one question, I'm super anal about my name being capitalized, could you please lowercase it?
edit: actually never mind, I think I'm gonna take that change. Growing more accustom to it now that I've seen it on SM.

Also the graphics don't have to be super fancy, just something purple/green that blends nicely will work. Most players play with 0% bg brightness so I'm not really concerned with it being super amazing.

Many thanks man

There ya are. And alrighty. I'll get on it as soon as I can. Been playing a wee bit of FFR since I haven't touched it in six+ years. I think I was better back then than now.
Old 08-1-2014, 12:36 PM   #14
cedolad
moonchild~

Oh you made that change, sick hahaha. Oh cool, glad to see you playing FFR again any plans to play some SM anytime soon? Some real cool packs have been released since you last played.
Old 08-1-2014, 01:03 PM   #15
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd

Quote:
Oh you made that change, sick hahaha. Oh cool, glad to see you playing FFR again any plans to play some SM anytime soon? Some real cool packs have been released since you last played.
Yeah, I've been playing a lot more Stepmania now. I've downloaded a bunch of newer packs, but I have to say, I still dig the older '08 packs. I guess I'm so used to the older songs than the new ones. I want to step my own, but I seriously have no idea where to find artists besides the ones that are already stepped, or ones that are so old, no one likes anymore. I actually finished one simfile that I need to clean up so I can show to people. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, since I don't know if it's good enough to submit anywhere :v
Old 08-1-2014, 01:05 PM   #16
cedolad
moonchild~

You could always just release it as a single
Old 08-1-2014, 01:11 PM   #17
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd

Quote:
You could always just release it as a single
Probably. I just like submitting to packs, considering if I do release it, they'd be like "psh not special enough." But I need to get a load of simfiles out before I do, since like, I barely have any done. Where would I release it, or should I just have a thread to throw them in with dropbox links or something. :v
Old 08-1-2014, 01:13 PM   #18
James May
FFR Player

o...I actually need a few things heh. I have over 450k credits so the price can be negotiated.

Anyhow, profile, thread explains it all~
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=135871

Stepmania gfx: I have two files that I really want to have gfx for. One is Minuit a fond la Caisse by Alias Conrad Coldwood and the next is The Divine Comedy Reverse by World's End Girlfriend

Minuit

Divine Comedy Reverse
<I'll edit this once I get the mp3 on here...>

Anyhow, this is p much all that I have for now heh.

James May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2014, 12:27 PM   #19
dashoe93
Alphabet Crowd

Oh right graphics of course yes.

I'll get on these as soon as I can. I did not forget about you guys! x-x
Old 08-4-2014, 08:17 AM   #20
Alioth
Banned