Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 02:37 PM   #561
Ghakimx
Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghakimx
Default Re: Dark Chancellor Pack 2 (ITS HAPPENING.GIF) Submissions Open

@judges I've sent in an SSH song, check the inbox so I don't get missed out again ;_;
also, amatias v2.1 sent in. Stargrope approves, so yeah.

I AM ASHAMED OF MY STUPIDITY AND MUST COMMIT SEPPUKU. FORGIVE ME, FFR.

Ninjas NEVER die. Now on a 30 kill streak.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:20 PM   #562
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Ok I finally had the time to edit the first post. It includes all judges notes up to now and all submissions.

I don't have any username to associate with the simfile Atröpøs, and it doesn't have a cdtitle, so... if someone stepped this let me know who did it so proper credit can be given. I guess the same thing with Collision Point. That file was submitted with "(Anonymous)" as the simfile artist, and that isn't really helpful.

I'll get around to judging everything else I haven't done today/tomorrow and make some final decisions on songs. Expect the accepted list to change for once soon.

EDIT: We don't have enough notes for a lot of the most recent submissions, which is to be expected. But as of now there are 6 accepted files.

Judges: Look at the submissions list in the first post and look at the (x-x-x) numbers. If there are less than 4 reviews/judgements for a file, please do one for it if you haven't already.

Last edited by Rebirth0; 07-27-2014 at 08:53 PM..
Old 07-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #563
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

oh, i didn't know this was happening
time to finish a decent file for once
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #564
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

April.#02 isn't released in any pack, just a single release. The chart I sent to the email is slightly different and only has one chart though.

Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
you look like you're dSucks
Old 07-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #565
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

When I was doing this as PPP3 I was allowing single releases. DCP2 is a different thing. It would have to be pretty different for me to include it now. I'll look back over both files and determine if enough has changed.

I'm also having plenty of issues judging in SM5. Trying to do this entire batch in SM5 but it gives so many problems (explained in the notes once I post them)
Old 07-27-2014, 10:20 PM   #566
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

Magic (Gundam-Dude)
- I like this. There are some layering choices I'd do differently at certain parts (probably a personal thing since I like to layer to dynamics) but I guess there is nothing wrong with it.
- Your file might be merged with the other Magic file and called a collab/vs file.
Accepted

Magic (porkypink)
- The entire file needs to be shifted up one 8th note. The fuck happened here. I couldn't even fix this in SM5, had to go to 3.95 and do it. Is there not a copy/cut paste method in SM5?
- I played this without changing anything in SM3.95 and it was perfect. No 8th note shift needed. What the fuck is this. (upon further evidence the offset is -0.234 on 3.95 and -0.448 on SM5. The .sm file itself says the offset is -0.234. Don't know what SM5 is even pulling that number from.
- File is good though, I think I'll accept it and mix it with GD's file and call it a collab/vs file.

Proof of the Existence v2
- Pasted the new .sm file into the folder and removed the old ones. SM5 didn't even load it so I had to play this on 3.95.
- A bit dumpy at the end with the jumpstream but its alright. The file overall looks better
Accepted

Amatias
- Same issue with pasting the new .sm file into the folder. Can SM5 really not detect this?
- The part at m14 - m16 needs to have jumps every 8th note.
- I'd like to see the part at m80 - m83 be layered to the guitar rather than just a jump every blue note
- The one handed thing at m110, m111 should probably be 4-1-4 instead of -4-3-4. Not because I can't do it or anything like that, it just feels better based on how it feels to play the more layered part two measures afterwards.
- Same issue with adding jumps every 8th note at m136 - m138

This file is pretty close. It suffers from copy paste syndrome a bit. It would be nice to see some variation in the notes, at least when the song repeats for the third time. Pending

Endless Despair II
- It pains me so badly that there are no jumps in those first 8th note streams. I really want to put some there
- Consider making the yellow notes jacks in m49 - m54. You do that when you layer it more a few measures later and I think it would feel better to play. Same thing when it repeats at m107 - m113.
- I might change some of those rainbow notes to see if something syncs better, but that wouldn't be until later.

File is pretty good though. Accepted

IX
- Holy shit this file is fucking fun. Who are you an alt of?
- Would you mind doing a non jumpstream easier chart? I really want to see one.
- Accepted

Idola
- You're also an alt of someone I think
- Great file, I see nothing wrong with it. Accepted

This is the first time someone has submitted a file with a background video to any of my packs. I'm not really sure if I want to include it because it makes the file size larger (obviously), but I will most likely keep it.

Collision Point
- Accurate file, but you're layering based on piano dynamics. And some jumps/triples are inconsistent. There are some jumps that need to be triples, mainly in the first half of the song. Go look over that
Pending but accepted after changes are made

Atröpøs
- Missed a triple on m35 beat 2.5, based on the other triples in that area.
- The song is a little weak but the file is good. Accepted

Hakugin no Datenshi
- Feels like there needs to be a red jump every two beats during the stream at m21 - m23. Percussion layering. Same thing during the solo at m94 - m98. Maybe also during m110 - m114, though that one feels not as bad without it. Same thing at m146 - m152, m156 - m160.
- Missed 8th at m39 beat 2.5. Guitar note
- I think you can do more with the part at m138 - m145. More notes are there and it can be made a lot more interesting
- Missed 16th I think at m154. That part at m152 - m154 could be layered more to look better too.

Can't miss anything with these SSH songs. If done correctly they can be great files. This one is close but needs the fixes noted above. Pending

I did most of the judging in SM5 and had plenty of problems trying to look at files. I was really trying to give it the benefit of the doubt and I've been trying to use SM5, but this absolutely does not feel superior to 3.95.

Last edited by Rebirth0; 07-27-2014 at 10:35 PM..
Old 07-27-2014, 10:25 PM   #567
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Why can't you judge with the SM version that you're most comfortable with? (or ddream alternatively)
Old 07-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #568
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro

Some of the files were made in SM5, which include rolls and some certain charts have xmods while others don't (feature of SM5) where I can't see that in SM3.95. These people are saying to use SM5 and abandon the ancient 3.95, and I've been trying to give it a legitimate chance, but I am not impressed thus far.

I'm very close to saying all files must be playable on 3.95. No SM5 bullshit.

First post is edited as best it can. 8 accepted files so far.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:37 PM   #569
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth0 View Post
I couldn't even fix this in SM5, had to go to 3.95 and do it. Is there not a copy/cut paste method in SM5?
press A
Old 07-27-2014, 10:42 PM   #570
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Sent Porky my (sm5) xmods for Magic, still works fine on 3.95 with nothing there

GD if you want me to put them on yours just PM me

Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
you look like you're dSucks
Old 07-27-2014, 11:12 PM   #571
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

Anyone else get a chance to judge cedar shed?

Submit to this -
Old 07-28-2014, 01:07 AM   #572
rparty89
FFR Player

Umm I stepped Atropos
Old 07-28-2014, 02:43 AM   #573
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Personally, I don't think people should be forced to reveal their identify prior to a chart being judged. If someone is doing that chances are they believe that judging is biased based on the name and reputation of the chart artist, and they want their work to be judged fairly. I see nothing wrong with that, as long as the identity is confirmed after judging.

But that's just me, and I'm not the one running this pack so it's not my say.

Will get around to more judging soon. Excited to see GD's version of Magic.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
Old 07-28-2014, 03:19 AM   #574
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

I had to just review GD's Magic first because I simply couldn't wait any longer to play it.

In comparison to porky's chart, it does a couple of minor things only marginally better. Almost everything that was approached differently in this chart was either just different (not better or worse) or actually just worse. Overall, I still have a pretty significant preference to porky's version.

The main reason being that porky's chart feels cleaner and "captures the song" better. The appeal in complextro tracks like this is and what makes them so intense and fun to listen to is the wide range of textures from rapidly switching between instruments/samples, and so it should make sense that the notes would follow the same idea. You want a range of different patterns and techniques, and in this sense I feel like porky's version is more successful. GD's chart, for instance, has very few jacks, if any at all, and porky's chart makes use of it to help contrast the other song sections/instruments. I also don't think GD's green color note theory is particularly effective here, because you almost want a rainbow-colored chart from the preceding description of the song, and GD's chart just seems to switch on and off between green notes/mines and regular notes, which feels sort of odd.

GD's chart isn't bad by any means (if porky's chart was never submitted I'd probably deem it Accepted), I just personally like porky's a lot more.

I just played porky's Magic v2. I THINK I like the old cut better, and I definitely like the old chart better. The old chart was cleaner, had better patterns, and stronger development. Honestly, minor tweaks to the original submission would've been just fine. I feel like all of this work and we're going backwards, which is exactly what I was afraid of LOL (borderline between Accepted and Pending)

Last edited by stargroup100; 07-28-2014 at 03:26 AM..
Old 07-28-2014, 06:49 AM   #575
James May
FFR Player

Quote:
IX
- Holy shit this file is fucking fun. Who are you an alt of?
- Would you mind doing a non jumpstream easier chart? I really want to see one.
- Accepted

Idola
- You're also an alt of someone I think
- Great file, I see nothing wrong with it. Accepted
Actually, both aren't alts lmao.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:21 AM   #576
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Quote:
- Your file might be merged with the other Magic file and called a collab/vs file.
For the record, porky changed the song cut in his revision so now it's the first half of the full song meanwhile the one he submitted before (which is also what I re-did) is the latter half.

You probably missed my post mentioning that it'd be a nice idea to keep both files as separate as in a part 1 and 2 sort of deal because merging both together will make the file too long, boring, and inconsistent unless one of us adapts and adheres to the other person's layering technique.

That or I can just pull my chart/file out if it doesn't make the cut because everyone likes porky's version more. I don't have a problem with that, I only re-did the chart because of all the different layering ideas I had in mind when I listening to the song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rCaliberGX View Post
GD if you want me to put them on yours just PM me
Sure, I'll hit you up later in the evening.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Old 07-28-2014, 07:23 AM   #577
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Cedar Shed (???) - All in all a very solid, simple xmod chart. One thing in particular I should note is that almost all of the xmod gimmicks are done very fairly, something I don't think enough people do and pay attention to in their xmod charts, so there's an extra bit of respect coming from me. The only gimmick I didn't see coming is slowdown at measure 72. If you could somehow make it more evident that there's a slowdown there (I recommend a mine) then it would be perfect. Technically there are some mistakes, but they're minor enough that I would let slide. I get the feeling that other judges are gonna pick up on them so I'll let them take care of that LOL Accepted

Old 07-28-2014, 08:37 AM   #578
James May
FFR Player

Atropos (rparty)
*Oh hey Mr. Diavolo :V sync is off by a 48th btw go and fix that ;_;*
Heavy – Accept with fixes
Good file, just a few things to note on (using time signatures from your current offset) Also, I don’t think all those piano freezes are really needed at all…but that’s just me…
1.323 (And other instances of this): So you have each 8th jump have a freeze but not on the first jump on the song? If anything I would scrap those freezes since it’s really not warranted IMO.
1.817: This needs to be a jump. If you’re sticking to the consistency of the intro, it should be a [14] jump but I would vary the jumps a bit.
4.455: A [24] jump here.
5.773: [14] jump here to denote transition.
6.103: [12] jump.
6.433: Should be a freeze here that transitions to the one in 6.598
6.598: And this freeze should be on the [4]
7.092: Since you’re keeping the jump here, I would suggest making every piano jump a [23] once the drums kick in to emphasize the piano in the layering.
7.422: Roll freeze here.
7.587: Roll freeze here.
8.081 to 8.411: This is a prime example on why the piano freezes aren’t necessary. This here is supposed to be a 4321 roll (with mini-freezes optional to cascade the glitched sounds here)
8576: [13] jump here.
8.740: [24] jump here.
9.070: This note is supposed to be on [3], following the same beat that the 8th is in on 8.905
9.070: Same as 6.433
9.235: Same as 6.598
9.565: This is supposed to be on [3] since it’s the same beat as the 4th on 9.400
11.378: Jump here
11.790: Missing 16th on here
12.367 to 12.696: PR is reversed in here. Suppose to be a [1][2] trill with a jump on 12.696 for the kick.
13.109: Missing 16th here
13.356: Jump here
14.674: Jump here
16.323: Hand here.
16.653: Jump.
17.065: Jump.
Most of the issue here is missing jumps, I guess you could make another difficulty out of this and use it for the fixes that I’m suggesting. Most of all, I really don’t think the piano freezes are warranted, mostly because it just causes it to be “filler” for the file layering and just makes things herp-a-derp when trying to understand how the file flows. But it’s a good file nonetheless.

Amatias (Ghakimx)
Oni – Accepted
Good to go for me, but the freezes are still too long for the piano rolls ;_;

Catastrophie (XelNya)
Heavy – Pending
Definitely an improvement over the previous version but I’ll save this slot to pull up the qualms that I have for this file later.

Hakugin no Datenshi (Ghakimx)
Standard – Accept
0.306: Should be on [4]
23.112 to 24.184: I’m pretty sure that this is a [1][3] trill and note a 1-handed trill…
Other than that, there’s pretty much nothing too erroneous from my end but to be fair, it is a kind of weak S.S.H. song but I think with a few tweaks here and there will make the file better overall and worth being in the pack.

Magic [Part 1] (Porkypink)
*Sync is off by a 48th, fix that please. Also, props for making multiple diffs*
Oni – Accept
Nothing wrong here though for a moment I thought that the 16ths in the intro were ghosts and I thought for a second that I still had the old file lmfao.
Heavy – Accept
I actually like how this isn’t just an easier chart just for the sake of it being easy but it has its own identity as well as a chart. Nothing too erroneous but I don’t think that the minifreezes are needed here, maybe replace those with a mine?
Standard – Accept
It’s alright for an easier chart. Nothing is wrong with it. Good to go.
Light – Accept
It’s slightly weak for the easiest chart but I’m willing to pass it as it is.

Magic [Part 2] (GD)
Heavy – Accept
To be fair, in terms of the chart, I am leaning towards porky’s BUT since you guys decided that you would be handling this part and porky would be handling part 1 I don’t mind having that in this pack. Anyhow, nothing really too erroneous from what I can see.

Old 07-28-2014, 09:15 AM   #579
Pompompulin
FFR Player

Thank you to evaluate my simfile.
I'm a bit of evaluation takes an unexpected surprise.
And I'm korean simfile maker not famous.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #580
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers

Idola (pompom) - Generally solid and awesome. What I like about you is that you've got a good grasp of the basics, and your style feels like it's open to different kinds of adaptation. The burst at measure 76 might be a bit much in terms of difficulty spiking, but that's the only real issue I can pick out. It's kind of exciting to see a foreign face in our community Accepted

Closed Thread