Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game

Old 07-27-2014, 10:53 PM   #141
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXV: The Revenge of the Return of the Son of jTWG

Methinks he directed that at you. And maybe to all of us sop we can scramble being all like "omg gaiz he has 2 b a wolf becuz hes posting random stuff"
"no mang, he's totes human. hes just lazy"
"THATS JUST WAT HE WANTS U 2 THINK"

You know, the usual.

With that said, Cav, Gun does have a point. You've been latching onto people. Especially your vote on Lefty which brought him dangerously close to insta. If he comes back town, that's bad for everyone that we kill a town player before anything else occurs.
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:54 PM   #142
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Listen, you're the one who I'm questioning if they're being stupid or not now.
Wanting to get past phase 1 is simply, as was pointed out pages ago, me being impatient with all this postulating around essentially nothing. Wanting to end day 1 quickly isn't being shady.

The idea of choosing lefty or carrot was that it would make sense for someone who doesn't know what to do or say, because they've got higher stakes and want to be extra careful. That choosing them was not only hopping on the bandwagon to speed up day 1, but also made sense to me. Previous votes before carrot were completely arbitrary.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:55 PM   #143
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
Methinks he directed that at you. And maybe to all of us sop we can scramble being all like "omg gaiz he has 2 b a wolf becuz hes posting random stuff"
"no mang, he's totes human. hes just lazy"
"THATS JUST WAT HE WANTS U 2 THINK"

You know, the usual.

With that said, Cav, Gun does have a point. You've been latching onto people. Especially your vote on Lefty which brought him dangerously close to insta. If he comes back town, that's bad for everyone that we kill a town player before anything else occurs.
I know it was directed at me. I had to contribute 6 pages worth of stuff in a post so I'm not a totally worthless vet. I like to think I kept things simple enough. But its okay. Better to have too much than not enough.
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:55 PM   #144
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Oh so if lefty dies and he's a townie, it's MY fault somehow now and not 4 other peoples' also?
Old 07-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #145
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavernio View Post
Wanting to get past phase 1 is simply, as was pointed out pages ago, me being impatient with all this postulating around essentially nothing. Wanting to end day 1 quickly isn't being shady.

The idea of choosing lefty or carrot was that it would make sense for someone who doesn't know what to do or say, because they've got higher stakes and want to be extra careful. That choosing them was not only hopping on the bandwagon to speed up day 1, but also made sense to me. Previous votes before carrot were completely arbitrary.

I was trying to say that it makes sense to me for a wolf to lay low day 1. Which they're both still doing.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:59 PM   #146
soramimi
Cat Army Coordinator
FFR Veteran

Cav, that's not what he said. He said that it would be bad for everyone that a town got lynched so early, especially just to end the phase.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:01 PM   #147
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Quote:

Ah, good old misdirection. I love it. I don't think you ever explained that train of thought until this very moment in time. If you have and you quote it, Ill take back what I said (I just don't have the patience to go back and read it all again.) You would be surprised at what kind of info you gain from day one. Its interesting to see when someone (me) puts any kind of pressure on someone (you) and you see how they react. I think your tone has been rather aggressive since I have posted and honestly, I don't see why. There is only one vote on you, which is mine, and yet you blew up instead of just explaining your whole line of reasoning in a calm and concise manor. What happens when you apply pressure to someone that has something to hide? Super defense mode is usually what happens. I don't think the reaction was warranted but everyone is going to play their own way. That is why this is fun.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:02 PM   #148
soramimi
Cat Army Coordinator
FFR Veteran

Quote:

The idea of choosing lefty or carrot was that it would make sense for someone who doesn't know what to do or say, because they've got higher stakes and want to be extra careful.
I think it would be a higher chance if they had contributed a bit more though, just because it would give a better impression of "blending in". But I agree with the idea.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:04 PM   #149
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I was trying to say that it makes sense to me for a wolf to lay low day 1. Which they're both still doing.
Either that or that actually have nothing to contribute due to the fact of how new they are to the game. Took me awhile to get my baring before I felt comfortable sharing big opinions with the group.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:05 PM   #150
T-Force
Your world ends with you

No, I'm not saying that.
Let's look at the 4 votes placed on Lefty so far in this game:
1.) YoshL: Post #51, 11:45 AM PST - Seemingly out of nowhere. Assumedly to get them worried and talking.
2.) T-Force: Post #58, 3:09 PM PST - Lefty has been lurking constantly, but has yet to speak despite the one vote of pressure. Two votes now placed to add a sense of urgency.
3.) Cavernio: Post #60, 3:39 PM PST - Placed very soon after. Possibly to add more pressure, but this is probably the most needed.

3:41 PM PST, LeftyRighty posts.

4.) CarrotCake94: Post #84, 6:14 PM PST - VERY unnecessary vote with intent to lynch. Reasoning isn't solid either.

And now that I think about it, CarrotCake94 placed an unneeded vote on Lefty: The initial votes were to pressure - not to kill. Her intent was to kill and brought us one step away from doing so. As well, as I mentioned, her reasoning a VERY shoddy, and is based off of little logic, but moreso because of the new person threat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrotCake94 View Post
my reasons are: That we're too similar in terms of it being our first games and still don't know how to post.
But they did only really reply right away after the pressure turned on them.
Well of course they are. Again, the pressure was only placed on them so they'd speak up in the first place. Why would you want to kill them?
Old 07-27-2014, 11:09 PM   #151
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Quote:
No, I'm not saying that.
Let's look at the 4 votes placed on Lefty so far in this game:
1.) YoshL: Post #51, 11:45 AM PST - Seemingly out of nowhere. Assumedly to get them worried and talking.
2.) T-Force: Post #58, 3:09 PM PST - Lefty has been lurking constantly, but has yet to speak despite the one vote of pressure. Two votes now placed to add a sense of urgency.
3.) Cavernio: Post #60, 3:39 PM PST - Placed very soon after. Possibly to add more pressure, but this is probably the most needed.

3:41 PM PST, LeftyRighty posts.

4.) CarrotCake94: Post #84, 6:14 PM PST - VERY unnecessary vote with intent to lynch. Reasoning isn't solid either.

And now that I think about it, CarrotCake94 placed an unneeded vote on Lefty: The initial votes were to pressure - not to kill. Her intent was to kill and brought us one step away from doing so. As well, as I mentioned, her reasoning a VERY shoddy, and is based off of little logic, but moreso because of the new person threat.

Well of course they are. Again, the pressure was only placed on them so they'd speak up in the first place. Why would you want to kill them?
What is the difference between what Carrot did and Cav did? Isn't that the exact same thing? What if Carrot was unaware of the insta limit when placing the vote?
Old 07-27-2014, 11:11 PM   #152
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun92 View Post
Either that or that actually have nothing to contribute due to the fact of how new they are to the game. Took me awhile to get my baring before I felt comfortable sharing big opinions with the group.
Even so, they have all of 6 posts combined. Even if they feel threatened and/or intimidated, it's going to get them killed because of the lack of vocal activity because Cav's right: it is a fairly wolfy play to make. Carrot's play against Lefty is only more so and has me leaning slightly red on her.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:12 PM   #153
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun92 View Post
Ah, good old misdirection. I love it. I don't think you ever explained that train of thought until this very moment in time. If you have and you quote it, Ill take back what I said (I just don't have the patience to go back and read it all again.) You would be surprised at what kind of info you gain from day one. Its interesting to see when someone (me) puts any kind of pressure on someone (you) and you see how they react. I think your tone has been rather aggressive since I have posted and honestly, I don't see why. There is only one vote on you, which is mine, and yet you blew up instead of just explaining your whole line of reasoning in a calm and concise manor. What happens when you apply pressure to someone that has something to hide? Super defense mode is usually what happens. I don't think the reaction was warranted but everyone is going to play their own way. That is why this is fun.
Dude, you seriously thought I didn't know why people don't say their roles day 1. You called me an idiot, of -course- I'm going to blow up.

That train of thought I don't think I ever outright said because I thought it was pretty obvious and that that's why we were looking at the lurkers in the first place. That you weren't included in the pressure on carrot and lefty was because you weren't seen to be lurking so I had figured you were just busy IRL just like you said. HOWEVER, I -still- think my current vote might as well be random, and I will bandwagon away until day 2.

Also, it's sad that you and most others don't really know me on this site (most don't, I spent most of my time in CT and now TGB), because this is pretty much how I act like when I post. I'm pretty aggressive.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:13 PM   #154
soramimi
Cat Army Coordinator
FFR Veteran

Did Carrotcake actually know what the votecount was at that point though? I didn't really see her vote as being "LET'S DRIVE THIS LYNCH HOME RIGHT NOW!" I wonder if she knows that you don't *have* to put votes on people every time you contribute.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:13 PM   #155
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Cav's vote was placed with the intent to add pressure; not to kill.
Carrot's vote was placed with an intent to kill after the pressure had worked and Lefty posted.

Granted, while she may not have been aware of the votecount/insta-limit when the vote was placed, that doesn't change that the vote was -completely- unnecessary.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:13 PM   #156
soramimi
Cat Army Coordinator
FFR Veteran

Gun ninja'd me, haha
Old 07-27-2014, 11:15 PM   #157
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Also, a votecount was posted 3 posts before Carrot voted for Lefty. Albeit, it didn't mention how many were needed to insta, but it's too soon to be a mistake.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:16 PM   #158
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Dude, you seriously thought I didn't know why people don't say their roles day 1. You called me an idiot, of -course- I'm going to blow up.

That train of thought I don't think I ever outright said because I thought it was pretty obvious and that that's why we were looking at the lurkers in the first place. That you weren't included in the pressure on carrot and lefty was because you weren't seen to be lurking so I had figured you were just busy IRL just like you said. HOWEVER, I -still- think my current vote might as well be random, and I will bandwagon away until day 2.

Also, it's sad that you and most others don't really know me on this site (most don't, I spent most of my time in CT and now TGB), because this is pretty much how I act like when I post. I'm pretty aggressive.
That's fine. Its a style of play that serves some people well. Also, I never called you an idiot and I never thought of you as one. I see it was taken as such but that is the internet for you. Sincerity can be often construed as sarcasm. How you post in other threads is irrelevant to me. I wanted reasons for the votes and I got them. I won't change my vote because I have faith in what I think and its clear that the group mind so far wants to get rid of the more inactive on the first day. That's fine too.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:18 PM   #159
Gun92
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Carrot's vote was placed with an intent to kill after the pressure had worked and Lefty posted.

Granted, while she may not have been aware of the votecount/insta-limit when the vote was placed, that doesn't change that the vote was -completely- unnecessary.
Any more than a handful of votes is unnecessary when you want someone to talk. Look what happens when people continually "add pressure" to a person to get them to talk. Could make things a lot easier for the wolves to just hop on what looks like is gaining steam and not have to look wolfy.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:19 PM   #160
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Quote:
le sigh, I feel like I'm talking to brick walls here.