Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 07-24-2014, 01:55 AM   #61
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Default Re: The FFR Network -- We need YOU!

FFR is looking for a web designer who has either college or industry experience.
We're looking for html, css, and js (jquery or similar) skills.

If you think you're good enough, please PM me examples of your work.
(Interactive examples and un-minified code please!)
If you've used jquery in a project before please submit because you're already just as good as we are.

Hey why not. <____>
Old 07-24-2014, 01:57 AM   #62
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

I have some electronic repair and aviation knowlegde as well as training in public saftey. My main skills are in graphic design with a focus in abstract design.

As for personal skills, I've been told I'm a very motivated and hard worker and can grasp concepts quickly.

edit: ^ lol shameless
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:59 AM   #63
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

ask me about stocks

and how to pick up women

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:59 AM   #64
Litodude
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Litodude

prefurby both at the same time (time = money)

dude
out west?
the fuck kinda location is west?
am i buying weed off a gotdamn pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
remind everyone that i am an outed racist neo-nazi who no one in their right mind should ever interact with in any way whatsoever

http://imgur.com/a/Ww9g3
Litodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #65
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Thanks for bumping this thread people! I'll try to update it soon. In the meantime, if FFR is indeed looking for a web designer, it would be cool if someone from this thread could give it a shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:44 AM   #66
moches
FFR Player

This idea is too cool. I'd love to contribute - I have some (not a lot, but some) experience writing poetry and creative essays and considerable experience writing about music--I also love helping other writers out, so if anybody ever needs proofreading or feedback, I'm down to read yo stuff. I'm also decent on a drum set, will look over stepcharts (even if I haven't stepped anything in months), and have some experience working one-on-one with students, mostly teaching English/reading/writing.
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #67
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Bumping this, since class began, maybe you have new talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:08 PM   #68
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Hi there, just thought I'd share what I have at the least~

I have experience in Website Design and only took a few classes on Java and Python. I can organize anything decently and efficiently and I love to host Tournaments and help others with their tournaments. I like to help people, but one of my bad qualities is being a pushover/lack of self-confidence. I am striving to Major in Computer Science and Networking also.

That's really all I can think of at the moment that is beneficial to the community :P

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #69
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

i don't really have much to add, probs because i'm only a college freshie without any major talents

but yeah i do like listening to people's stories/problems and stuff so hmu if you ever want to talk about that stuff.
i guess if any of you are in hs and want advice about the college application process i can talk to you too but there's not that many hs people on here
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 09-18-2014 at 04:25 PM..
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:01 PM   #70
Eternal_0
Stop! Grammar time.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Eternal_0 Send a message via MSN to Eternal_0 Send a message via Yahoo to Eternal_0 Send a message via Skype™ to Eternal_0

I just graduated as a bona-fide anthropologist. I can run statistical analyses and I know how to examine groups of people to write ethnographies about them. I have some expertise in archaeology. I got a business administration minor too, so I know some basics about finance, business, advertising and writing.

I also co-founded Get Me Off The Moon and I've co-hosted stuff at conventions (for public speaking experience), so there you go for video games/geekdom.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:18 PM   #71
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Almost done undergrad in biochem with biotech specialization. Strengths are in biochem/organic chem/physical chem and physical biochem. Experience in a couple of different labs and research, mainly organic and analytical chem as well as a job doing health research, but have put in enough lab hours at school and TAd some labs to be able to help with a lot of undergrad related stuff there....

co-op work experience with product development in a meat company. so creating formulations for different meat products and doing food microbiology/food chemistry for 8 months.

also anything poker related, i'm your guy. and same with NFL, can't live without football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
j-rodd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:12 AM   #72
Trumpet63
Mostly Ignored
Skill Rating Designer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

This is a very surprising and cool idea btw. I wish I had thought of it >_>

So yeah, I hope it's assumed that by writing this reply I am willing to help or inform/talk to anyone about the topics below.

I'm 3 years into my 2-year AA degree, and I'm getting ready to work on transferring to some university somewhere, so don't ask me about the transfer process. I've worked as a math tutor at my college for over two years now, and of all the tutors I've met, I enjoy math more than all of them, so I very much have a genuine interest in the subject. If you wanna talk about anything from counting to integration by parts and trig substitution, I should be able to help you (but nothing above Calc 2, and no diff eq.). If not, I keep nine math textbooks at home that probably have an answer somewhere.

At my job I've also been occupying the position of "Cheif Statistical Analyst" for the entire tutoring center this past year, so if you need to pull out some meaning from some numbers in a new and exiting way, I'm your man.

Some topics I've researched (and made presentations on) include: Flow (the psychological concept), methods of calculating pi, and Egyptian Unit Fractions.

In my college career, I've had to make about 8 speeches/presentations, and they've all gone very well, so I could offer some pointers I guess.

I also program my graphing calculators (yes, plural) for fun and practice, about 7 years into that, so I could tell you all about TI BASIC (I've never done assembly though).

Also, I've seen a lot of people say that they're great to talk to, and they won't judge if you come to them with a situation you want to talk about. Come to me if you want the opposite experience. I'm very good at being judgmental. I'll tell you exactly what you should do, how you should feel, and I'll analyze the morality of the situation 'till the end of time.

I have a small amount of experience with creating graphics (reference my profile).

I have a lot of interest in sort of the theory of game design, so I'd love to discuss a game concept, or test a game for you.

My aspirations include: becoming a mathematician, becoming a math professor, making/programming video games, changing the world

My turn-ons: math, Excel spreadsheets, video games, food, philosophy, logical thinking

My turn-offs: incompetence, communication issues, lack of perspective
Trumpet63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:57 AM   #73
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
Almost done undergrad in biochem with biotech specialization. Strengths are in biochem/organic chem/physical chem and physical biochem. Experience in a couple of different labs and research, mainly organic and analytical chem as well as a job doing health research, but have put in enough lab hours at school and TAd some labs to be able to help with a lot of undergrad related stuff there....

co-op work experience with product development in a meat company. so creating formulations for different meat products and doing food microbiology/food chemistry for 8 months.

also anything poker related, i'm your guy. and same with NFL, can't live without football.
How could you leave off specializing in being lock clear?

Since everyone else is posting non-relative stuff..I hold a masters degree in Astrophysics and am currently debating on my PHD. I posses literally no web design skills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O

Last edited by Red Blaster; 09-19-2014 at 05:57 AM..
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:49 AM   #74
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
How could you leave off specializing in being lock clear?

Since everyone else is posting non-relative stuff..I hold a masters degree in Astrophysics and am currently debating on my PHD. I posses literally no web design skills.
Oh right, but that's implied by my avatar obv

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
j-rodd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:51 PM   #75
Ghakimx
Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghakimx

My turn!

Ghakimx - Certificate in digital audio and video production from local vocational college in Singapore. Currently pursuing diploma in broadcast media from local arts college.
- Specialized in photography-based photoshop (I can make you look fabulous enough for any magazines)
- Capable of semi-professional video editing.
- Proficient and experienced in speaking, ideal for radio, emceeing or voice-overs
- Self-produced voice-over works

now that I think about it, I feel really poorly qualified in-comparison to everyone else. ;_;

I AM ASHAMED OF MY STUPIDITY AND MUST COMMIT SEPPUKU. FORGIVE ME, FFR.

Ninjas NEVER die. Now on a 30 kill streak.

Last edited by Ghakimx; 09-19-2014 at 02:59 PM..
Ghakimx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #76
BilliumMoto
FFR Player

Uh...

Has perfect pitch, caused by wasting the first 16 years of my life obsessing over music performance on various instruments.
And now all I do is "compose" dumb loli music. And step files every now and then. Yay.
BilliumMoto is offline   Reply With Quote