Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-1-2014, 02:42 PM   #421
rsr2
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Hearthstone

Yeah pretty much. Mad Bomber was hype until my chance for 12-0 where it failed miserably. But the other paladin player I faced had an insanely sick deck.

2 Truesilvers
1 Tirion
2 Chillwind
3 Hammer of Wraths.
2 Argent Protector was pretty much what I remember seeing and going dang. Then he dropped a Sunwalker.

gg and goodbye to 12-0 ; _ ;
rsr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2014, 07:58 PM   #422
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

jusTIce...........
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:11 PM   #423
clasko1000
Ima Twans
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to clasko1000

Just had a bug happen with Rag, I could use a friend who has rag, and pref carin as well to help me re-create it. It's RNG biased, so it may take a small while.

Essentially, Rag didnt attacked after i played brawl.

Links to play by play: http://imgur.com/PRmSeiP,m3Hjwfx,THekNhZ,4UOUrYe

Best AAA's | Slam the door(61) Scars Left By Time(62) What Lies Beyond The Mountains(62)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald000 View Post
I'll take some more free boosters please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
please do the community a favor
http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ
clasko1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:47 PM   #424
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

How did Ragnaros kill Baron Geddon when that was 7/5 Ravenholt Assassin on the board? So much about those images confuses me.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:06 AM   #425
clasko1000
Ima Twans
FFR Veteran

Image 1, Was showing he played Rag
Image 2, end of his turn rag killed baron (first rag attack)
Image 3, I brawled with (Rag / Baine his side - Harvest golem my side) Rag won - Ended my turn
Image X, MISSING - End of my turn rag never went off. It didn't fire.
Image 4, Rag firing for the "second" at the end of his turn.

Best AAA's | Slam the door(61) Scars Left By Time(62) What Lies Beyond The Mountains(62)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-23-2014, 12:40 AM   #426
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

:nerd:

v- Don't have Ragnaros sry, RNG God hates me.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 06-30-2014 at 07:52 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #427
clasko1000
Ima Twans
FFR Veteran

Bump for anyone still willing to recreate the glitch with me?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #428
Deidara837
For a New Beginning
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I would if I wasn't exceedingly busy atm

_9th OT: D2 - 13th Place
10th OT: D5 - 45th Place
11th OT: D6 - 12th Place

EMG Rivalry | EMG Spreadsheet
Deidara837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:39 PM   #429
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

Quote:
Originally Posted by clasko1000 View Post
Bump for anyone still willing to recreate the glitch with me?
Give me a Ragnaros and I'll be pleased to help you.
emerald000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-1-2014, 11:34 AM   #430
clasko1000
Ima Twans
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Give me a Ragnaros and I'll be pleased to help you.
That or you could just take down fallen so i can buy you packs. ;p

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-18-2014, 12:29 PM   #431
Deidara837
For a New Beginning

All hail King Loatheb, 30th card in many a deck for many sunrises

Old 07-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #432
andy-o24
FFR Veteran

Revealed all of the cards for Naxxramas. Link

Probably gonna be a huge change in the meta. Been saving up my gold to open the wings for a few weeks now. 1670/2800 I think. Thoughts about the expansion?

Edit: Heroic bosses are fun. Breezed through the normal modes with one deck and only lost once to the girl. The hero challenges were equally easy. That Rogue deck with more legendaries than I own was interesting. Not too bad, but the heroic modes are very difficult. I just hope they fix the lag, because what would have been ten minute matches lasted what felt like twice as long.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.

Last edited by andy-o24; 07-22-2014 at 06:30 PM..
Old 07-22-2014, 10:24 PM   #433
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Started playing it again. Game was stale as hell, so I haven't played in months honestly. Nice to see an infusion of cards.

Not sure I'll be able to get enough gold any time soon to buy all the wings. Might buckle down and pay to just save myself the gold, given how cost efficient buying it is.

We'll see.

It was pretty easy on normal mode though, yeah, as were the hero challenges. Didn't even take damage on the druid one lol (use the +4 health + taunt card on the 1/4 that regenerates all of it's health each turn. He has no silences in his deck. Wrecked).

The heroic bots though? lol

I've only tried the first guy twice, mostly because I keep running into lag. Lost both times with my zoo deck albeit barely (2 and 6 health respectively). Kinda pissed at that asshole, his passive is so broken it's not even funny. He got dirty AOE clear saves both times, at which point he just spams that thing every turn and you can't do much.

Probably best off not going aggro against this shit given how much health they have, probably better to run control with monster late game, since otherwise that passive just wrecks you since you can't trade with it and you have so few options early on.

Will try the other heroics once the servers are doing better to see if aggro does any better against them.

Last edited by Reach; 07-22-2014 at 10:28 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:57 PM   #434
andy-o24
FFR Veteran

I was watching Reynad and TotalBiscuit streaming and here is what I've heard/seen.

First boss: Run a freeze mage. Alexstraza will cut through his health and with iceblocks you can finish off 15 hp with spells. Lotta spells, very few creatures necessary.

Second boss: Full taunt deck worked for biscuit. Didn't see the whole match, but saw the end when he swung for lethal.

Maexxna: Battlecry cards will help you a lot. Get an Alexstrazza to keep healing yourself to 15 each turn and then just chip away with elven archers and maybe some charge units. If you can fill up his board with the 1/1 spiders from the Haunted Creeper deathrattle then he can't really hit you too hard. He will always start his turn by bouncing you creatures back into hand, so he is always going to hit your face. Alternatively, if you're poor like me, Paladin has some nice heals to keep you alive until you can spam Guardian of Kings every turn. He's only a 6 heal, so if you keep a Voodoo Doctor, you can heal 8 and he only deals 7 a turn. Slowly but surely you'll win.

-o24

Quote:
Old 07-23-2014, 12:00 AM   #435
L.B.D.D
FFR Player

hello friends.

normal mode: freeze mage works for all 3
heroic mode: freeze mage still easy for 1st, priest with big taunts for 2nd, and priest with heals for 3rd
L.B.D.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:29 AM   #436
Deidara837
For a New Beginning

Decklists in spoilers just to put them there, don't know if anyone cares. Did this from phone so Ill fix pics in the morning.

First one: I just used Handlock with some 4/4 hate, worked first time.

Second one: A version of Zoo with more resistance to pings did the job, took a couple tries but did fine.

Third one: A rendition of Freeze Mage simply stalled until Alex as people have seen. Waited until I had Nova Fireball Pyro.

Tbh the only ones I don't have a plan for yet are Razuvious and Sapphiron. Details if you want them Naxx Bosses etc
Freeze Mage takes care of Noth, Construct Quarter, add Doomsayers for Baron. Zoo might work against Heigan and Kel'Thuzad? Sapphiron may utilize the Frozen Champions but I don't know about if there's any special battle stuff. All speculation anyway, mainly based.on hero abilities.

Last edited by Deidara837; 07-23-2014 at 01:52 AM..
Old 07-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #437
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-o24 View Post
I was watching Reynad and TotalBiscuit streaming and here is what I've heard/seen.

First boss: Run a freeze mage. Alexstraza will cut through his health and with iceblocks you can finish off 15 hp with spells. Lotta spells, very few creatures necessary.

Second boss: Full taunt deck worked for biscuit. Didn't see the whole match, but saw the end when he swung for lethal.

Maexxna: Battlecry cards will help you a lot. Get an Alexstrazza to keep healing yourself to 15 each turn and then just chip away with elven archers and maybe some charge units. If you can fill up his board with the 1/1 spiders from the Haunted Creeper deathrattle then he can't really hit you too hard. He will always start his turn by bouncing you creatures back into hand, so he is always going to hit your face. Alternatively, if you're poor like me, Paladin has some nice heals to keep you alive until you can spam Guardian of Kings every turn. He's only a 6 heal, so if you keep a Voodoo Doctor, you can heal 8 and he only deals 7 a turn. Slowly but surely you'll win.

-o24
Yeah, I agree with these tactics after playing some more.

Actually beat 1 with the same tactic, except I don't have Alextrazza sadly. Alextraza mage is definitely the way to go against the first guy, and freeze mage is going to be your best option. I can't think of anything better.

Mathematically, playing control is pointless, since trading with his passive is so mana inefficient that doing so pretty much guarantees you lose. You have to either rush him down or win late, but he has so much HP and basically a flamestrike that rushing him down is really ineffective. Flood board and run risk of getting wiped which is insta lose here, don't flood board and you're dead before you kill him.

Though, TBH the cpu is really stupid. Could have won with Zoo if I was patient, since the guy went full retard in both matches, opting out of trades that guarantee victory for face damage, which left my deck open to 4 cards I could top for lethal both times I lost. CPU doesn't really understand board control at all / when it's at risk of lethal (doesn't seem to have any concept of potential for straight up damage being withheld in the opponents hand currently).

Zoo works vs Faerlina though, just need some luck.

Maexxnea, I'll have to play around with this one quite a bit because of limited card choices that would work here. No Alex to abuse the very obvious fatigue ploy, not sure how I can win it.

Last edited by Reach; 07-23-2014 at 12:11 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:20 PM   #438
Trogdor!!!!
Forever
FFR Veteran

If you decide to use Paladin for Maex, you can mess around until you're able to get him to play nothing but 1 damage minions. You can Guardian of Kings + Wolf Rider every turn until you lower him enough for something like Leroy (or Reckless Rocketeer if you don't have Leroy, prob the next best thing). You'll only take 1 damage per turn opposed to the 3 damage you'll be doing. You can Holy Light and Lay on Hands alongside Voodoo Doc. + Earthen Ring every turn until you get the mana and cards you need. You can run Ironbeak for the free silence alongside other random cards that have a useful battlecry like Elven Archer.

This is kind of boring but effective as fuck and it worked the 4/5 times I tried it.

And of course this is if you don't have Alex.

Edit: Oops, only read the post above mine. Didn't see someone recommended roughly the same idea. Still, it's a really good idea.

Last edited by Trogdor!!!!; 07-23-2014 at 04:25 PM..
Trogdor!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:41 PM   #439
andy-o24
FFR Veteran

I just ran 4 damages minion and soulfire plus shadow bolt Warlock for Faerlina. Run the taunt adjacent 2/3 and Defender of Argus. If you don't kill her minions or have her kill them on your taunts she gets enrage on them. The +3/+3 to damaged minion. Focus on killing the acolytes to make sure she doesn't have her hero attack damage from them. Eventually she runs out of cards and you control the board with 4/5s and stuff.

-o24

Quote:
Old 07-23-2014, 05:27 PM   #440
clasko1000
Ima Twans
FFR Veteran

I was able to complete the 3 normals on the first try with token druid.

1 shot both the challenges.

Heroic Anub, started token druid, didnt work. Switched to handlock and was able to out giant him. Got it the first deck change.

Faerlina i was able to take down in 3 trys with preist. Believe it or not, i had him game 2, and i ended up killing myself with soulpreist + farseer... Im ashamed to think im good at this game.

Ive gone against Mex 5 games now, still haven't beat him. I was giving control warrior a try to go alex > Gorehowl > Gromosh, but it didn't happen. Then i switched to hunter and still haven't taken him down. I was watching Ziles play pally against him, so ideas.

Im really not happy about poison seeds, as the card to me is unbalanced. I think the card should cost more, my own personal opinion, however Brawl -5, Vanish-6, and twisting nether-8 are also in the game. Looking at brawl, it doesn't seem too costly. Im being bias...

Quote:
Quote: