Default Re: TWG CXX: Villains United

Ursula are you a bomb or not
Old 07-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #1342
TWG Gantu
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ursula View Post
yes I am hard-claiming-never-going-to-go-back-and-say-it-was-a-reaction-test the role of the bomb.
If she "goes back and says it was a reaction test" then she's a liar, and it's Lynch All Liars last time I checked anyway.

Ursula with a request for The Queen to shoot Charles Muntz during this day phase.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #1343
TWG The Queen
Forum User

gantu chill out, i just said theres no difference between shooting someone and lynching them, either its a hit or a miss. i want to be cautious because a missed shot would cost a lynch. whats the rush exactly?

can other ppl weigh in on either shooting charles or shooting nobody?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:39 PM   #1344
TWG Hopper
Forum User

Well that was an interesting turn of events.

Cop was already claimed, and medic would pose too many questions. (I'm truly thinking we don't have a medic this game.) Bomb is the best role to fakeclaim, seeing as if someone does counterclaim it, the heroes learn the identity of the actual bomb and know who to steer clear of for future wolfings. If no one counters, then it's pretty easy to coast along with an alibi for why the wolves aren't targeting you.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:41 PM   #1345
TWG Maleficent
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Gantu View Post
But then again, since you seered villain, and the assumption is that Muntz somehow -must- be the Master Wolf if he's a wolf suggests that it wouldn't be the case, unless you were confident enough in how he handled the first gun to play it that way while he was a regular Wolf.
ffs, does this mean i'd have to check charles if the queen doesn't kill him because i REALLY don't think this scenario is believable
Old 07-22-2014, 10:41 PM   #1346
TWG Gantu
Forum User

No rush, I'm just going to bed and am going to be pretty busy tomorrow, so I want to get everything I need to say out now.

It's exactly what I did with the reads list and all that. It had -nothing- to do with some idea that I was King Shit for gunning for Auto, and everything to do with "There's a larger than 1-in-X chance that I get Wolved tonight, so I should get everything out so it's out there"

At -some point- I'm going to die and flip Villain, and knowing that I'm a villain, you'll be able to look at what I've said knowing I was a Villain, which is useful. It's the same reason I want Charles Muntz dead sooner rather than later if there is -any- doubt by the group at large whether to think Sid or Ursula is the Hero. Knowing what he is makes it so his previous actions can be analyzed -knowing- his agenda.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:44 PM   #1347
TWG Hopper
Forum User

I realize the queen had already posted the exact same thing I wrote. Epic fail on my part.

But I agree, Ursula was in no danger at that point, so it's weird timing.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:45 PM   #1348
TWG Captain Hook
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG The Queen View Post
gantu chill out, i just said theres no difference between shooting someone and lynching them, either its a hit or a miss. i want to be cautious because a missed shot would cost a lynch. whats the rush exactly?

can other ppl weigh in on either shooting charles or shooting nobody?
Honestly if it's likely we'll end up lynching him anyway either this phase or next, you may as well shoot him. It may give us some information we need for a better lynch.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:47 PM   #1349
TWG Maleficent
Forum User

i forgot to do this
unvote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:48 PM   #1350
TWG Gantu
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Maleficent View Post
ffs, does this mean i'd have to check charles if the queen doesn't kill him because i REALLY don't think this scenario is believable
Assuming I was right about The Queen being a Hero, she'd have to be Godfather. Assuming you're right that Charles can ONLY be a Wolf if he's Godfather, it means The Queen is a legit villain.

I think it -is- in the realm of possibility that Charles is a bog standard Hero. And he can be a bog standard Hero even while I'm wrong about The Queen. I even said when I posted by big post about her that it wasn't nearly as strong as proof as my post about Auto, and that I was happy to hear a response from The Queen. She was my strongest lean but that doesn't mean it was right.

I think one way or the other, Charles' actions with the gun, how he handled it and how he survived the night with it give him a VERY good chance of being a Hero. The reason I'm pushing for the quick shot is the fact that it gives us the lens through which to view what he said and what was said about him, which is useful, and if he DOES flip Godfather, provably confirms Darla and Yzma and The Queen as 100% bonafide villains.

If he flips Godfather, I'd say the best seering is one of the inactives to see if they're leaving an UTR Hero around to play the manhunt game.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:50 PM   #1351
TWG The Queen
Forum User

jafar and yzma, both of u voted charles. do u think thats a good shot right now? can u explain for me?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:51 PM   #1352
TWG Gantu
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Hopper View Post
I realize the queen had already posted the exact same thing I wrote. Epic fail on my part.

But I agree, Ursula was in no danger at that point, so it's weird timing.
Well it's casting doubt on the choice to use the gun on Charles. Without a counterclaim, it would make her appear solidly a villain, and explain why she didn't get Wolfed as a result.

At this point, with the apparant general levels of apathy in the thread and the fact that there was an above average chance of no counterclaim even being -possible- it was a very safe role to claim, and had benefits even if she wasn't currently in any danger.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:00 PM   #1353
TWG The Queen
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Captain Hook View Post
Honestly if it's likely we'll end up lynching him anyway either this phase or next, you may as well shoot him. It may give us some information we need for a better lynch.
ya this is the biggest reason why im considering it. looks like charles will die regardless.

keep in mind that if the shot is a miss then it costs a lynch, if anyone doesnt see why then ask me to type out the numbers. so a charles flip does give info for the next lynch down the road after ursula/sid is resolved, but shooting is the same as lynching
Old 07-22-2014, 11:01 PM   #1354
TWG Hopper
Forum User

Even without the counterclaim though, while I agree that it's a safe role to fakeclaim, bomb isn't a role you really want out in the open. I mean, Ursula does say she wanted to claim a different one hoping the wolves would target her, butwhat I'm getting at is that it's not beneficial to the villains to have that role out in the open unless that claim was to prevent a mislynch. It's now a role we can't use.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:01 PM   #1355
TWG Yzma
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG The Queen View Post
jafar and yzma, both of u voted charles. do u think thats a good shot right now? can u explain for me?
Charles is a good shot right now

in addition to what's been proposed, which is substantial in itself, his flip pretty much tells us more about the list he proposed to counter the Queen's idea about the first gun use

If he turns up Hero but NOT godfather, Darla is almost definitely the godfather based on her being a potential lynch target along with Auto

And then that makes SID the liar in this bomber situation, since he wanted to cover for Darla and placed that retarded vote on me yesterday

If he turns up GODFATHER, then Ursula is most likely the liar since I think Sid wouldn't want to do the suspicious covering for Darla/Auto thing

If he's a VILLAIN, then idk, I would reconsider Queen and Darla

correct me if I'm wrong in any of these thoughts
Old 07-22-2014, 11:03 PM   #1356
TWG Yzma
Forum User

i skipped some steps but it should make sense anyway
Old 07-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #1357
TWG Yzma
Forum User

Most of that is speculation with some jumps in reasoning, but I do think that Charles coming up Regular Hero gives us all three wolves.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:10 PM   #1358
TWG The Queen
Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Yzma View Post
Charles is a good shot right now

in addition to what's been proposed, which is substantial in itself, his flip pretty much tells us more about the list he proposed to counter the Queen's idea about the first gun use

If he turns up Hero but NOT godfather, Darla is almost definitely the godfather based on her being a potential lynch target along with Auto

And then that makes SID the liar in this bomber situation, since he wanted to cover for Darla and placed that retarded vote on me yesterday

If he turns up GODFATHER, then Ursula is most likely the liar since I think Sid wouldn't want to do the suspicious covering for Darla/Auto thing

If he's a VILLAIN, then idk, I would reconsider Queen and Darla
i dont see why charles flipping hero would make sid the better lynch here. ursula also voted u day 3

imo none of the cop checks so far get lynched unless theres 1 hero left and nobody has flipped godfather

would u wait for charles to claim?
Old 07-22-2014, 11:18 PM   #1359
TWG Yzma
Forum User

fair enough, those are just my thoughts on likely possibilities from what we've seen so far

I've had my eye of darla for a while and I would go as far as to say Darla wolf => Sid wolf

but yeah it wouldn't be smart to immediately target Darla if Charles comes up Regular Wolf

as for Charles, I don't really have a strong opinion on when we do the shooting
If he's a Wolf, waiting for him to claim basically forces one of our power roles to reveal so that's pretty bad, but at the same time it'd be shitty to kill a blue without asking
Old 07-22-2014, 11:20 PM   #1360
TWG The Queen
Forum User

all of my top town ppl are saying take the shot so im probably gonna take the shot within the hour. maleficent plz either give me the ok or put ur foot down and tell me to drop the weapon
Closed Thread