Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #41
CAFO
FFR Player

Default Re: Yolomania Vol. 3 Submissions Open!

sent a https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g68hQ4zJ3t0
CAFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:48 PM   #42
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAFO View Post
holy fuck this song is cool i cant wait to see this file

reviews probably sunday, hang tight guys the submissions are coming in faster than ever, you guys are all amazing
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:45 PM   #43
cedolad
moonchild~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

oh hey cool this started.

I'm gonna step something
Old 04-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #44
codcrille
FFR Player

Very much looking forward to the review of my file, go go go!
codcrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:30 PM   #45
Wafles
FFR Player

Going to try to do reviews tomorrow night. Hopefully enough people will be around to help but if people aren't here because of Easter or whatnot the reviews will get pushed to Tuesday.
edit: I will also update the song list after tomorrows batch.

Last edited by Wafles; 04-20-2014 at 01:44 AM..
Old 04-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #46
blazziken
FFR Player

hiiii Im new here in FFR!!! im blaziken and i send 2 files "overdrivers " (from sound voltex II) and " I miss you" (DJ Sharpnel feat. Lia) this second file with a dedication for my girlfriend <3 xD! I'd love to join you I hope to get some pass
blazziken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:56 PM   #47
Wafles
FFR Player

Here's some reviews. The number of submissions has been amazing so far, thanks to everyone who sent files!

(SonicX) croiX - Conditional
Shows some promise but technical errors and generally strange layering decisions make this a conditional for me. Could definitely be cleaned up to be acceptable. Some 32nd patterns are really sketchy as well, given the fact that its 195 bpm you have to be a bit careful there.
Detailed notes:
Beginning Piano Section - Whats going on with the jumps here? Missing arrows in a couple spots as well. The jumps right at the end make sense but the rest don't.
26.448 - 32nd patterns not really cool given the speed
28.063 - missing note on the 16th
30.833 - same
40.679 - same
40.833 - 16th shouldn't be here
41.833 - 32nd patterns need to be revised
56.986 - missing note on the 16th
63.174 - 32nd patterns again
70.695 - can't tell why you left some 16ths out starting here. the ones you left in don't really make sense.
79.541 - 32nd patterns starting here and the next two groups all need to be revised
84.233 - 24ths? both this and the next occurance feel wrong to me.
87.002 - starting here this whole section is underlayered compared to the rest of the file for no apparent reason. missing too many 16ths to name.
95.772 - 32nd patterns again
102.695 - huge difficulty spike in this section. 32nd patterns are crazy. 24th note run doesn't really make sense. consider revision.

We could possibly accept a cleaned up version of this song since it is quite cool but the chart just has too many issues at the moment.

(SonicX) Dance - Conditional
Underlayered generally and kind of boring as is. I could see a revision of this possibly being acceptable but it needs quite a bit of work. Some parts were just a bit too boring to really make the file replayable. See what you can do with this and resubmit and we'll take a detailed look but as is its pretty far off, so much so that I'm not going to name every instance in question. In general: just see what you can do to make it more interesting.

(SonicX) Entrance - Accepted
One of my favorite songs from Cytus. Chart is pretty straight forward 12th note runs/jacks, nothing to complain about, it fits the song and it works. Fun little file.

(codcrille) Kuon no Hate - Conditional
This was literally on the fence of accept for me, but its a little too easy and needs a little bit of work to try and make it feel a little more interesting. I'm not against easy files by any means but consider maybe adding a few hands in the more intense parts to add a little bit of interest to those sections. The chart really is very good I'd just like to see either a harder difficulty added or spicing up the current one just a bit. Either way and this is an insta-accept then.

(CAFO) The Woven Web - Conditional
2 issues: File is off sync by a fair bit, if you need help with this let me know and I can find the correct offset. The bigger issue is that the jacks are really pretty brutal and kind of overkill given the context (the 24th and 32nd jacks, the 16th jacks don't really play like jacks at this bpm). I'll point out some particular instances and you should get the idea:

http://puu.sh/8gNp0.png - 32nd jack leading into the hand is kind of a pain in the ass to play. When playtesting I had to get lucky to hit these. These are (the equivelant of) 236bpm 16th minijacks, very tricky to accurately lead into a hand with that.
http://puu.sh/8gND5.png - Given the context these are a lot trickier than I thought they would be. These should be toned down as well.
http://puu.sh/8gNGX.png - these are crazy, definitely need to be toned down
http://puu.sh/8gNMq.png - this is probably the worst. these are absolutely nuts and I can't really justify accepting a file with stuff like this at this speed, its just too bursty given the context.

Smooth out those jack patterns and fix the sync and this is pretty much insta accept for me. The song is awesome, and the steps are mostly awesome, just a few unnecessary jack difficulty spikes holding it back from being super super replayable and generally completely awesome.

As a side note there is a bit of a waiting period before the notes start that could be shortened, not a huge deal though, its not that bad. End of the file also cuts very abruptly, mind doing a fadeout here? We can help on audio editing if you don't know how to do this.

(Razor) Wobble Impact - Accept
Amazing file. Probably the most interesting dubstep file I've ever played. Only complaint is that the audio file is a little quiet, we can normalize the volume for you if you don't know how to do it, we've done that in the past for files. Really excited to have this as an addition to the pack.

(Alioth) red-rize Kors K remix - Conditional
We discussed this in the skype group so I'll be short here. File has a lot of potential. There's overlayered holds and some unnecessarily bursty 32nds where the patterns are questionable but this can be cleaned up to be good.

(BilliumMoto) Don't drop that thun thun - Accepted
Gotta be honest I didn't know what to expect here based on what you sent to Yolo dumps, but this chart is actually really well done and really very good. The multiple difficulties is a huge plus here because Beginner is kind of insanely difficult. I'm not sure if Heavy was necessary but I won't complain. Really technical file, really interesting patterns, really fun song. Good job. Do you have a cdtitle? I don't remember what I did for you with the Yolo Dumps pack, pm me your Skype or something and I can put a cdtitle together for you so you can better brand your files.

(blaziken) I Miss You - Accepted
Pretty different for a sharpnel file surprisingly. The patterns are really rolly and they fit the song very well. I'm not sure if two difficulties was necessary given how similar they are but that's not really a big deal.

(blaziken) overdrivers - Accepted
Always a fan of Sound Voltex songs. This is well done and the only real complaint I think is worth mentioning it that the 48ths bursts are a bit unnecessary. There's only 2 and they're short so its not a huge deal, just kind of a dealbreaker for people who want to go for MA scores I suppose, but that's just one specific demographic and every file can't cater to all of them. One possible solution here is toning these down just a little bit to 32nds or something like that. Well done chart, cute little file.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:14 PM   #48
BilliumMoto
FFR Player

The cdtitle you did for me in Yolo Dumps will be just fine.
Thanks for reviews!
BilliumMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:46 PM   #49
Razor
Dan "Razor" Devilz
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

i actually used the version from the IIDX 21 SPADA GST before the actual OST came out (which explains the low audio)

so if you want, i can resend the file with the 320 version from the OST or you can raise the audio, doesnt matter
3rd: Retro City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers
I play Stepmania, so I know everything about media formats.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:19 AM   #50
Wafles
FFR Player

If you can resend with the 320 kbps version that would be amazing. Thanks
Old 04-21-2014, 01:22 AM   #51
SonicX.
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafles View Post

(SonicX) Entrance - Accepted
One of my favorite songs from Cytus. Chart is pretty straight forward 12th note runs/jacks, nothing to complain about, it fits the song and it works. Fun little file.
Yay, at least one song is accepted .

Quote:
(SonicX) croiX - Conditional
Shows some promise but technical errors and generally strange layering decisions make this a conditional for me. Could definitely be cleaned up to be acceptable. Some 32nd patterns are really sketchy as well, given the fact that its 195 bpm you have to be a bit careful there.
Detailed notes:
Beginning Piano Section - Whats going on with the jumps here? Missing arrows in a couple spots as well. The jumps right at the end make sense but the rest don't.
26.448 - 32nd patterns not really cool given the speed
28.063 - missing note on the 16th
30.833 - same
40.679 - same
40.833 - 16th shouldn't be here
41.833 - 32nd patterns need to be revised
56.986 - missing note on the 16th
63.174 - 32nd patterns again
70.695 - can't tell why you left some 16ths out starting here. the ones you left in don't really make sense.
79.541 - 32nd patterns starting here and the next two groups all need to be revised
84.233 - 24ths? both this and the next occurance feel wrong to me.
87.002 - starting here this whole section is underlayered compared to the rest of the file for no apparent reason. missing too many 16ths to name.
95.772 - 32nd patterns again
102.695 - huge difficulty spike in this section. 32nd patterns are crazy. 24th note run doesn't really make sense. consider revision.

We could possibly accept a cleaned up version of this song since it is quite cool but the chart just has too many issues at the moment.
Sorry for the jumps at the beginning, I thought removed them. I need check this song again and after fix this issues, I'll re-send the song.

Quote:
(SonicX) Dance - Conditional
Underlayered generally and kind of boring as is. I could see a revision of this possibly being acceptable but it needs quite a bit of work. Some parts were just a bit too boring to really make the file replayable. See what you can do with this and resubmit and we'll take a detailed look but as is its pretty far off, so much so that I'm not going to name every instance in question. In general: just see what you can do to make it more interesting.
Yeah, I think the same as you after sent this song... well, maybe I can do something with this song.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:18 AM   #52
CAFO
FFR Player

Quote:
The song is awesome, and the steps are mostly awesome, just a few unnecessary jack difficulty spikes holding it back from being super super replayable and generally completely awesome.
aww thanks, made my day. And as you say the jack difficulty definitely doesn't fit the songs underlying ambiance, ill fix it up. Could do with some syncing help tho, ill give it a try in my v2.
edit:also im fairly sure the syncing was on when i was editing, i must've changed the offset by mistake when saving

Last edited by CAFO; 04-21-2014 at 04:34 AM..
CAFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:26 AM   #53
codcrille
FFR Player

Quote:
(codcrille) Kuon no Hate - Conditional
This was literally on the fence of accept for me, but its a little too easy and needs a little bit of work to try and make it feel a little more interesting. I'm not against easy files by any means but consider maybe adding a few hands in the more intense parts to add a little bit of interest to those sections. The chart really is very good I'd just like to see either a harder difficulty added or spicing up the current one just a bit. Either way and this is an insta-accept then.
There's a sound between measure 37-39 that could be put in as a hand, but it only occurs like 4 times in there and it doesn't do much for the actual difficulty of that part. Other than that I don't know any way of increasing the difficulty without completely changing the file or just inconsistently overstepping things at more intense parts.

I think every time I've submitted to a pack in stepmania history the response has been "Great file but make it harder and it's in" and I just never see it.

Last edited by codcrille; 04-21-2014 at 05:34 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 06:07 AM   #54
BilliumMoto
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by codcrille View Post
I think every time I've submitted to a pack in stepmania history the response has been "Great file but make it harder and it's in" and I just never see it.
Copy what you have to Beginner and dump all over it.
BilliumMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:04 AM   #55
blazziken
FFR Player

Quote:

(blaziken) I Miss You - Accepted
Pretty different for a sharpnel file surprisingly. The patterns are really rolly and they fit the song very well. I'm not sure if two difficulties was necessary given how similar they are but that's not really a big deal.

(blaziken) overdrivers - Accepted
Always a fan of Sound Voltex songs. This is well done and the only real complaint I think is worth mentioning it that the 48ths bursts are a bit unnecessary. There's only 2 and they're short so its not a huge deal, just kind of a dealbreaker for people who want to go for MA scores I suppose, but that's just one specific demographic and every file can't cater to all of them. One possible solution here is toning these down just a little bit to 32nds or something like that. Well done chart, cute little file.
THNKS!!!! *o*
I not think that could get a pass here (I will try to do another difficulty for " " i Miss you " with only jumps in kick and voice ) I hope to enjoy the songs and probably I will send more simfiles for this packs (sorry for my bad english)
blazziken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:20 PM   #56
Wafles
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by codcrille View Post
Yeah its a fine line, its just barely a bit too easy (like, AAA sightread easy) but its absolutely fun for what it is. I was really on the fence for it, honestly, and if we hadn't already been a little oversaturated with relatively easy files I would've probably accepted as is. I think you can definitely find a way to be creative with a harder difficulty if you wanted to though

On a side note, I made another chart today that I'm super happy with so I uploaded it to youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QirhJvsX6Ug
Old 04-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #57
codcrille
FFR Player

Tried to layer in hands now to every other note, doesn't make it a speck harder though since the bpm is so slow. Only way I see is either turn all the minijacks into actual jacks which I really don't think makes much sense, make them all left handed just to fuck with people or fill the file with aids (mines). I guess I could do that if you think that'd be fine since I never have mines on anyways.

Other than that I'm spent. Thanks for liking it though.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:07 PM   #58
Wafles
FFR Player

Yeah up to you if you want to try something and resend it, the song is pretty tough to work into being any harder thats for sure.

Short update:
XelNya: got your file update, looks great to me I'm sure the others will agree when they see it.
CAFO: Expect re-review in next batch
Razor: Got high quality for Wobble Impact, audio quality made a huge difference and the chart feels even better now so this is cool.

Otherwise just internal files from skwid, caliber, and myself. I don't typically post reviews on their files since we generally discuss them pretty in depth in the Skype chat so we'll wait on a few more submissions before doing reviews next, or if none come in by next weekend I'll knock out the 1 review we have pending at the moment.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:48 AM   #59
Alioth
Banned

Gonna fix my file sometime next week. Sorry for making you wait for so long...been having personal quarrels
Alioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:39 PM   #60
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
XelNya: got your file update, looks great to me I'm sure the others will agree when they see it.
Sweet deal. Glad to hear it.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote