View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 02:57 PM   #38
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
I mean...fundamentally no I can't really do much ETL stuff with this particular spreadsheet. I'm doing what it looked like was wanted which was just individual player stats for town, wolf, and 3p.

Depending on the kind of data you want access to, making another spreadsheet that was more easily used as a source for data extraction wouldn't be super hard to do.

Basically it would be a spreadsheet that had everything -but- individual player stats. Total players, size of each faction, which faction won, total phases etc. That could be pretty extractable for various bits of analysis.
Oh no, I was just suggesting that if you were calculating the stats from a parse you did already, it would be good to make that public

The harsh reality is that someone is gonna have to manually clean the dataset to have a robust, scalable stats potential. I might take a look at that this weekend to gauge how hard that would be. I might devise a simple schema that captures like, win/lose for each player, color, role, modkill, etc.

EDIT: But yeah the principle is as you described. Having a spreadsheet that has raw data means that you can make as many stats as you want, just query the spreadsheet when needed

DOUBLE EDIT: I might just straight-up ask the MafiaUniverse mods what schema they use for their native stats system. No need to reinvent the wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic

Last edited by DaBackpack; 08-23-2019 at 03:00 PM..
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote