View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 02:39 PM   #41
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra
Default Re: Survivor (TV show)

Season 1, Episode 6: Udder Revenge

Merge incoming ayyyyyyy.

I never heard of Gervaise being a pervert, but if Sue says it it must be true. Gonna read up on this sometime.

Yo Gretchen the cold-hearted killer. Colleen is still a cutie though, Greg chose well I’d say with her.

In modern Survivor, the strategy of killing all the chickens pre-merge so the merged tribe wouldn’t get any would be Survivor suicide, all it really does is segregate the tribes when they should be merged, causing a distinctive us vs. them mentality. Arguably, it’s even worse in the social game of season 1.

Richard walking around naked had good timing, like I bet if Dirk the Christian was still around, there would be a lot of feuds about it. Rudy though, man Rudy is such a sensible guy and I’m so glad he’s buying into the alliance finally.

Hearing Richard deep game strategy is so nice finally, and the strategy of bringing Rudy as a sacrificial lamb almost, a target ahead of him, is definitely a good one. In some newer Survivor a likeable player is brought to near the end as a kind of blocker that ensures [insert winner] makes it to the final tribal council, because bringing the aimable player would just cause for them to insta-win with jury votes. Of course, there are some intricacies that make it more complicated, but that’s the gist of it. It’s a bit different with Richard vs. Rudy though, in that it’s much moreso that Rudy would be more dire to go home than Richard due to not caring about camp as much as Richard would.

“Women are the stupidest things on the planet next to cows” ok so this kinda reminds me of the Shirin vs Will thing of Worlds Apart, in which Will came off as a sexist (and a bully of course but was more vindicated for the sexism angle), and was widely villainized for it. Gervaise… isn’t getting a similar treatment despite his arguably more sexist comment… plus this was at the height of Survivor fame. Now now, yeah the context is way different but still, tonal shifts between generations. It probably helped he took it back of course, but I really don’t remember any controversy about this outside of survivor.

Taking that somewhat back though, Gervaise with the cocky yet goofy villain edit is pretty hilarious, he plays it so well. He totally owns up to everything, and everyone seems to know it but laughs about it. I’m naturally fond of this kind of player honestly, likely due to my soft spot for sarcasm mixed with narcissism.

Real talk I’d eat the dog food without hesitation, like protein is protein, and dog food is pretty condensed nutrition if memory serves me. It’s like medicine, but food, really.

I can really appreciate the history mixed in to the reward challenge, and it’s a pretty neat challenge despite being so simple in style. Using the “natural” environment, such being something that didn’t particularly seem built specially for Survivor, is a plus to me.

Richard getting his tribe disqualified, oops. Congrats to Pagong!!!!

It’s pretty astute of Pagong to realize that they need to stick together despite no other strategy talk previously. Props to Gretchen for being honest, another rare trait to have on Survivor that isn’t old school.

I feel like Joel actually did go on to do a bunch of modeling actually, didn’t he? (RE: mention of him being the golden boy, etc)

Getting the Green Berets involved is one of the cooler things I’ve seen in Survivor, and I know my bias is really showing by saying this so much but I really liked how Rudy got somewhat emotional about it. It’s like if there was a DDR challenge or something on Survivor, I’d be pretty emotional too, even if it doesn’t mean as much to other people on the island.

I also think this is one of the most complicated challenged this season yet. Like, it actually required instructions. Yikes!

Congrats to the cute lizard for winning the chicken, I bet it was quite happy about Pagong being on the beach for the free food.

Man, Jeff is so obvious that he knows all that goes down at camp, like he doesn’t beat around the bush at all this whole season.

Ah, the ol’ “He’s rich enough already!” vote.

Moooooooooooo :cowboy:

Not much to say about Joel going home, like he lost the popularity contest moreorless. Probably would’ve been strong in individual challenges, might’ve changed the end result honestly if he didn’t go home.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ

Last edited by Celirra; 01-31-2018 at 11:40 PM..
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote