View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 10:41 PM   #23
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Difficulty Consultant Applications

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPuppy View Post
coming from someone that isn't naturally good at rhythm games, i'd say that i agree with the statement that a lot of high level players overlook some of the patterns that would be considered difficult to a D3/4. it took me years to go from barely being able to get under 50g FC on sound of my dream rmx (a 17 on the current scale) to where i am now. and now that i've made it, i can honestly say that D7's tend to rank files through a very biased lens that reflect their own skillsets.

like, i can't AAA for shit. i legit still have an issue trying to consistently AAA some D4 songs because the patterns are pretty wonky, while others files will be ez pz lemon squeezy but ranked higher just cuz they are faster.

now this is just completely my opinion and DOES NOT apply to all D7/8 players, but a lot of us tend to skip over the fact that these weird ass patterns in lower ranked songs took a long time to learn and didn't just come naturally to us either.
Do you not consider at all the possibility that you are better at speed stuff than technical ? "Weird ass patterns" is very vague. Also D7 very likely do the opposite of judge diff 50 files based on their skillset, as they excel in everything such a file requires. A level 50 who's good at jacks though might very well judge that same file with a bias towards jacks being easier.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote