View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 01:33 PM   #15
DarkZtar
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Opinion on 255 BPM 32nds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximemoring View Post
Alright, so I made it different, in the 13-14 seconds, only 3.8 seconds of the melody which is in the simplest patern (basically 1-2-3-4 32nds for a couple seconds and 4-3-2-1 32nds for the rest) is stepped in continuous 32nds. The rest are single 4-note 32nd paterns every 4ths. So the same amount of notes as the 16th part before it, but compressed in one 8th (still mostly following the melody) with a pause between the second 8th and the next 4th.

1 2 3 4 - - - - 3 4 1 2 - - - - 4 3 2 1, etc. You get the point.

Song is Aquellex - Starflight, by the way and the part I am talking about is from 1:47
And it is meant for FFR.
You were given 3 good options from other people in this thread and you took none of them.

Went ahead and listened to the song to see if what you did end up doing will work and it does not, the fast 8bit synth doesn't have super significant volume drops so having arbitrary gaps in 32nds (or 24ths if you end up doing that) creates the illusion of bursts that aren't there. The rhythm is constant, you would best have notes that follow a constant rhythm throughout the section. The bursts of 32nds that you have (assuming you've put them in the right places) could work if you want to follow the percussion in this section, but the melody is much more prominent anyway so that really wouldn't work. I question why you, an inexperienced stepartist, wants to make a file difficult to the point where you can't even playtest it yourself (which is the main/most frequent feedback a stepartist has available). This isn't to say newer stepartists can't make really hard files, but the fact that your attempt at an original solution really doesn't work makes me question your approach to the rest of the file, especially considering you've portrayed this file as a difficulty 105+ just from the original thread question.

This also isn't a post attempting to discourage you from making the file, but I'd rather save you time and potential frustration if it's not as good as you think it's going to be. Step back from the file for a bit and work on getting a better overall grasp of stepping in general. Look at the harder files that are already in game and see what they've done with different situations. If anything, examining and understanding what the hard files in ffr have done is your best resource, since that is the standard your file must meet.