View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 10:06 PM   #4226
Daikyi
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
This is the thing that is making me uneasy about Daikyi. Is he?

He claimed that he prevented the wolf kill last night which was his night to guard according to his role, but a bunch of people are suggesting that Dafty was possibly the actual wolf kill, or that Daikyi was the -target- and that somebody -else- did the saving.
link the post where i claimed that. i've literally never said anything like that.

Quote:
So there's no actual evidence that he guarded a kill last night. Two nights previous, on his other night to guard, mellon got killed by Antori and there was no other kill, which is where the claim got made by Daikyi that he had an even-night guard and had saved sunfan.

But now that we know there's -another- guard out there somewhere, there's at least the chance that Daikyi does something -else- on his even nights that isn't guard. He's proven the odd nights he gets info about a target but that even target could be nothing, or something besides a guard.

I'm concerned that his saving of sunfan was seen as evidence of sunfan's townyness, despite the fact that when daikyi got info about sunfan after guarding, he tried to push for a lynch on sunfan.

I'm not sure what to make of this theorizing, at least in part because I have trouble getting my head around the scenario where the wolves killed Dafty themselves, and whatever it means for Daikyi I don't think it means he's a wolf. But I do think it means that the pro-town-ness of being a guard is called into doubt making me wonder whether he's actually that pro town.
what i'm seeing here: you're so steeped in mechanics, in a way that has made a lot of really bad assumptions about people's play and things they've said. There's hella inconsistencies, because it's really hard to stay fully updated on thread with the latest outs and claims and bullshit. like hell, where did a second protective claim again?

We had the mess of mechanics yesterday and the one big takeaway of all the false claims and corrections you miss out on is intent, and i honestly think it's a little bit of a cop out to continue to draw attention to stuff like "i don't really know how to read anything other than mechanically" - like i understand the sentiment, but there's no need to keep highlighting it imo.

like, the second to last paragraph that you wrote is very much lagged behind the entire process of interactions that went on in the thread. Pretty sure no-one thinks sunfan is green soley because i have claimed that i saved sunfan n1, but rather because the headspace, claims, and interactions through the entirety of the second day phase evolved naturally to what i believe is appropriate reactions and plays that would come from townfan, and the bit of info i received about him.

-----

@sunfan i don't believe my save was the wolf kill, and see like 0 value in outing it tbh

-----

@Xel same deal as w/ dev, and wv is so tied to sunfan's flip, that wolves leaving wv alive for too long will wreck them. even 3ps