View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 10:37 PM   #71
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: Doodle/Drawing thread

I feel like I'm in a different phase of my artistic life. I'm embracing the elements of design in their raw and literal form much more than I used to-- in previous phases, I viewed building art the same way I'd build a drawing. I'd find shapes that are representative of what I want them to represent, add texture that looks stylish, and more rough/mechanical where possible, and pair it with surrealism first and foremost.

Now I'm kind of living in an internal world of order, form, and colour theory. The organic side of me is still there, but it's kind of lost in the realm of my drawings of the old.

I think a lot of it has to do with overcoming depression, when I think about it. That is largely a thing of the past, which hindered the scope of things I'd be able to reach (like colour and playful shapes).

I definitely think in terms of vast, labyrinth like structures when I'm feeling blue. Large mechanical voids still become the framework of my saddened soul when my mood starts to drop; I don't think the style of artwork will be gone for too long.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote