View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #20
Silvuh
quit
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: Reorganize the forum structure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
We are going to attempt having no descriptions whatsoever.
Aaand there goes the quirky versus concise board title debate. Good to know!

Did you mean to put Forum Games as a subboard of the Technology board? I don't see how that fits. I kind of think Forum Games could be at the bottom of General Discussion, because there's not as much discussion in the same sense in there, so it doesn't really fit between anything.

Having Music Games before Video Games made sense to me when they were in a separate gaming category, but for some reason, seeing them listed like that between the other Life & Arts stuff looks odd. I think the Literature, Art, Music, and Media boards should all be next to each other, because they're the most "Arts"-y of the General Discussion boards. As to where video games fit in all that, hm.... after media? Because console games are played on a TV. So like, Technology > Music > Art > Literature > Media > Video Games > Music games.

Seems a little unbalanced for there to be five FFR discussion boards and thirteen (or fourteen or fifteen if you take out Forum Games and TWG) General Discussion boards crammed into one group. I suppose it'll work if it's organized well, but ... hmm.

Might as well rename Musicians' Jungle Gym if you're going to make the others more concise. "Music and Audio Production" will work as a title for it, especially if you're getting rid of the critique subboard.

I think "Homework and Help" fits more than "Information", because helping people understand things is the board's purpose.

What's going to happen with the Multiplayer Plaza and Spin It Up boards? Does them not being in your list imply they're no longer needed?

Yaay for FFR Discussion being on top.