View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #3172
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: World of Warcraft

Mmm dat Envy kill video

1080p quality, no stupid intro or boss voiceover shit, no obnoxious music, interesting PoV (healer = good, melee dps literally staring at the boss's ass for 10 minutes = bad), full voicecomms, and good nerdscreams. Heartbeat monitor is a hilarious and awesome bonus too.

warriormag17 I'm not sure who is editing your videos now (Absalom still?) but whoever it is, tell them to make them this way! The hardcore nerds like me would appreciate it.
p.s. I'm confident you guys got it soon <3

EDIT- Watched all the videos, still trying to wrap my head around what Method were doing with the tanking in the last phase.
The other 3 guilds moved the boss around the outside (basically the standard for any Grobbulus analogue boss with an ability/add that poops a trail of fire behind him) and then ideally had the Glimpses and their soakers right on the inside edge of the ring of add pools, and then the raid in the middle of the room. But Method had some weird thing where they managed to put all the pools in the corners by moving the boss in some sort of X formation, and that seemed to give them a lot more room to manage Stars and spread for the Glimpse stack explosions. But it also seemed to involve a lot more moving of the boss, and possibly some DPS loss with that. Maybe there's something I'm missing in that phase but, it's interesting to see the variation.
Style War employing the classic "kite literally everything that doesn't absolutely have to be killed" method is also really amusing, if somewhat expected- if an add can be kited, I actually get disappointed if a guild doesn't try kiting it :P

EDIT 2- grats warriormag17, Empire's Twilight

Last edited by hi19hi19; 12-19-2014 at 11:56 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote