View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 07:33 PM   #42
DJAirWave
Why am I still here?
FFR Music Producer

Default Re: What are you improving right now

-I've improved on my mental state. I used to suffer from PTSD, BPD, and depression that was pretty debilitating for a while. At one point it's manifested as night terrors and severe panic attacks which would make me pass out more often than not. After counseling and CBT, I've been able to overcome a lot of past demons and current self compared to my past self are night and day at this point.

-I've overcome my addiction to benzos, which is tied to the above point.

-I'm not longer homeless either. A couple of years ago I tried starting life over in another state after burning my bridges with my family, again tied to the above points. Needless to say the attempt failed, and I was homeless for some time. Now I live in an apartment in LA while I go back to school.

-I'm currently working on my self discipline and priorities to better optimize my time to work towards my current goals. I write my daily schedules ahead of time, and I make sure to complete each task everyday. Productivity is definitely more rewarding to me more than anything else at this point.

-I've been reading a lot more than I used to, mainly philosophy such as the book Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. I also watch a channel on YouTube called Impact Theory, and write down notes with each interview to apply to myself as I work on rebuilding myself and moving towards long term goals.
DJAirWave is offline   Reply With Quote