View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 02:07 AM   #691
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: World of Warcraft

Agh. Poor choices made by the naxx raid tonight limited our progress to two quarters. I needed 7 tokens for my new pants, and I only got 6.

Sigh. Hopefully we do Construct first and actually finish Thaddius so I can attempt to get the token without paying for it so I won't feel like I wasted 75 emblems when I could've gotten it for free.

Also thinking of raiding with a different guild. There was no excuse for what happened in that run. Some idiot wiped the raid by pulling the adds in the 2nd boss before the tank could pull, and their pull aggrod the boss. We weren't making great time, but we weren't slow either. The group decided to take a break right after Heigan. Bad idea. Some people left and didn't come back. One person decided to take the time to repair back at Dalaran, but he didn't have epic flying and nobody else wanted to run all the way back to the portal. People were still afk by the time he got back in, but we'd already lost half an hour. Decided to just go through maggot hall anyway, but that was also problematic as we didn't have a warlock. All in all, about 90 minutes were burned just moving from Heigan to Loatheb.

My guildmate got the 2nd best-in-slot cape and I got the best-in-slot boots from that run, at least.

The legs will finish my 4-set bonus and add enough hit to let me re-gem all my other gear for even more damage. The legs alone are about a 100dps increase, and the set bonus adds another 50-80 dps. The legs have 2 sockets (compared to 0 from what I currently have), which will add another 40 or so. Getting rid of all my old +hit gems and putting in +sp gems will add another 20 or so dps per gem for 3-5 sockets.

So yeah, it's a pretty huge upgrade.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote