View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 03:28 PM   #45
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: ITT We remind thesunfan that he hasn't finished the stat sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
The problem is that this data isn't actually grabbable even if you were somehow trying to just extract it from a big text dump out of the archives, because it will say "Town wins" up at the top, but then for each individual player in the list, it doesn't say 'won' or 'lost' unless they survived to the endgame, otherwise it says 'killed' or 'lynched' and each line only says 'vanilla town' or 'wolf' if the game is basic. Often the role names in the archive are themed and so not clear whether they are town or wolf roles unless you're also checking whether there's any green or red text in the line etc etc.
This is why my past attempts failed basically. I promised sunfan in the past that I would try to parse the game records and do the statistics entirely computationally. But there were too many edge cases in game design, as well as missing data from the history thread (I relied on BBCode color tags for alignment, for example, but this was unreliable because of ill-structured data)

To be clear, my suggestion is that I would manually tidy and collect the data and fit them to a specific schema, which then serves as a structured database which makes computational analysis easier

EDIT: MafiaUniverse has a fairly robust stats system built into the forum. This isn't possible for us, obviously, but I would like to see their schemas to inform a schema that we could adapt/steal for our own use on FFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic

Last edited by DaBackpack; 08-23-2019 at 03:30 PM..
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote