View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 11:25 PM   #1
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default StepMania World Records ~Master Thread~

With the new year approaching and lack of high quality "best SM score of 20xx" threads in recent years, I figured it would be more interesting to have a thread focused on the best of the best that is always open for discussion.

World Record Tables

Some important stuff:

1) All scores must be achieved using Judge 4 and Life 4 settings. It is fine to use Judge 7 for accuracy-based charts since scores can be accurately translated into a Judge 4 score.

2) No gameplay modifiers are allowed with the exception of: Scroll Speed, Scroll Direction, Noteskins, Mirror, Perspective mods (for example Distant). "No mines" is acceptable in cases where mines do not add difficulty to the chart.

3) All scores must use 1.0x music rate. Currently there are ways to keep records for specific music rates but a comprehensive list has not been attempted. I hope this can be included in the future, perhaps even for other judge settings, modifiers etc.

4) Various game modes and play-styles have record tables exclusive to them and currently include 4-key spread, 4-key index, and 6-key solo.

5) In instances where the legitimacy of a score is concerned, said score will not be included in the table until the player is able to demonstrate through whatever means necessary the abilities required to attain a score of similar comparison. This rule can be enforced and called upon at any time and is not limited to scores which have not been added to the tables.

All of the above rules are subject to change.

The current method to determine world record scores is using the DP-marv scoring system. This system attaches a number value to the various judgements in the form of dance points and generates a total. The score with the highest total dance points is the world record.

The values for DP-marv are:
Marvelous +10
Perfect +9
Great +5
Good 0
Boo -20
Miss -40
OK +30
N.G. 0

In many cases it will be necessary to calculate which score is the higher one, you can use this calculator to compare scores easily.

The current "Perfect Score" is 100% marvelous judgements or a AAAA Letter Grade. Since current scoring has an upper limit, it is not uncommon for multiple players to tie for the top score. In these cases, the record is divided equally between the number of players who have obtained a AAAA with all players being listed on the table.

In the event that multiple scores share the same number of dance points and are not AAAA scores, the "cleanest score" prevails. That being the score with the fewest number of greats and/or combo-breakers. In some rare cases a tie could need to be resolved using alternative means of comparison.

Go Here: http://www.staiain.net/StepMania/smw.../Help:Contents

If you still have any questions, just ask!

I think that about covers it for now; my intention with this thread is to make it more of a discussion thread than anything. Also I know the way that we store this information is not ideal and I'm always interested in ways of making it more accessible and informative.

---Recent Updates/Changes---
-Added Yolomania 4 (4-key) 26/12/2015

Last edited by Dynam0; 12-25-2015 at 11:25 PM..
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote