Thread: fuck Georgia
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 08:08 AM   #85
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Batch Search Engine Developer
Game ManagerDeveloperSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
I know I'm late to the party here, but wow this bill sure does stink like rotten eggs.

Insert phallic object into the buttocks of Georgia
The more this bill is looked into, the worse it gets.

One (but obviously not the only) major contributing factor to a miscarriage is poor nutrition. Poor women would be at risk of being prosecuted with the bill's investigation clause because they have trouble affording food with decent nutritional value. Sugary drinks, for example, are cheap but very unhealthy. Basically, punish women who are struggling financially instead of giving them aid for better nutrition which would help lower an important contributing factor to miscarriages.

Also, if there is an abusive relationship between a man and a woman, the man could end up causing physical harm to the woman and potentially cause a miscarriage. If there isn't enough evidence to show that the man contributed to the miscarriage, then the woman is the one who still gets punished and the man gets away with it.

Or a rapist impregnates a woman and then injures her, inducing a miscarriage. Rapist not only tries to damage the woman's body with a pregnancy but the woman also gets punished with prison time even if the rapist receives a punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Do you know of any women who've actually asserted that they want that?

And, once again because you somehow seem to keep missing it: The people who are anti-abortion / anti-choice DO NOT ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THE ZYGOTE/FETUS/POTENTIAL FUTURE HUMAN. AT ALL.

They will accept on redirecting literally 0 dollars to find these new methods, they will allocate no resources, no manpower, no tax revenue to providing pregnant people MORE options. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THAT AT ALL.
The idea is a way to approach the discussion about how the procedure for an abortion is carried out. Currently what has been established as the safest method ends up in the death of the fetus (or embryo) and legislation is not what would work towards an alternative. The direct blocker is something you and DaBackpack have mentioned earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
The problem is "People legislating what other people can do with their own bodies"

If they'd just -stop doing that- there'd be nothing to address.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
99% of people don't think like that. Of course it would be a lot better if there was artificial incubation, the issue has and always will be about female autonomy.
I think we all agree that trying to handle abortion in the courtroom is inappropriate and counterproductive. What I'm suggesting is probably reliant on that narrative to be resolved, although that appears to be its own beast entirely which is unfortunate.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote