View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 08:33 AM   #25
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: On the subject of Toxicity/Community Check-in (TWG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
what about every time you want to use an insult you instead sub in a funny word like Gordon Ramsey

"you fucking donkey!" "you friggin donut!"
u miserable potato
knife sounds

you can create pressure without it needing to be needly on a personal level (see: other communities not having this problem or trying to shut that shit down when it comes up. like the dark lord potter community all hates each other now because certain people have problems never washing their laundry, etc.). when i play in places where the average age on the site tends to be much younger, they also (ime) tend to have a much lower tolerance threshold for shit, where it's like if i make a reasonably analyzed wall where i conclude that someone's lying, i could get a certain group of friends mad online that i pointed imo reasoned pressure in any direction. there's even a certain kind of player that's not bothered by adam but adam also bothers himself out of some places anyway

so tl;dr i think the question is "is our tolerance level among the regs for personal attacks & the like too high"

i didn't read the game so __________

ig there have been some highly publicized past flare-ups of particular people that felt like they were "dealt with" in that those people got hate and selected themselves away, but question 2 is "is that the proper way to deal with that? should the twg mods do a thing?"

also "do people even bring shit up to the twg mods or do we feel like it's tattling?"

anyway, rolls away
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote