View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 11:02 PM   #72
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: TWG 187 Senpai [Post Game]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
this game was not balanced and will not count for stats when the stats are completed

the # of anti-towns coupled with the # of people who could have had their win conditions changed to become anti-town is greater than the # of kills town had at their disposal

its a miracle this game went to f4
I know you've probably thought about this a lot but it would be a good idea to assemble a kind of form/sheet that each host has to fill out for the purposes of maintaining TWG history/stats sheets

the biggest problem I faced when trying to parse the TWG history thread is the lack of uniformity in the presentation of information. the results for each game were written by the hosts in their own format so there was no real standard, which made text parsing difficult. add on top of that lack of consistency of certain games (e.g. the Villains games where "green" was actually "wolf") and the task was just intractable computationally

Like in competitive sports the refs are usually asked to fill out a simple sheet with: Score tally, time remaining, winner, and these sheets are handed to the tourney manager so that maintenance of the tourney is easy and there's no real interpretive element.

just my unsolicited 2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic