Old 04-5-2007, 12:10 AM   #18
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird
Default Re: Evolution & Darwin Vs. Creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Jewpin, that is semantic nonsense and shows a misunderstanding of the concept. I am talking about THE big bang, as an event, and evolution, as an occurance. The 'proof' of a THEORY itself can never be put forth, for a couple reasons, but all of which are quite irrelevant to, for example, the occurance of the big bang. This is like saying you cannot prove that the holocaust happened.

If you, for some reason think that you can't prove that the holocaust happened...well, then **** off XD You see, I wasn't even talking about the Big bang theory. No, I was talking about concrete evidence WMAP has provided to show that, inexorably, the big bang did happen. I would never claim that the theory itself was proven, as it is 1. An incomplete theory, and 2. Is always changing, and 3. 'Proofs' can be left for the mathematicians and their axiomsssssssss and their little universe they create.

If you're still hell bent on the holocaust not being a fact, then...we have clear evidence as to why philosophy held down the progress of mankind for a long time
You should try taking a History and Philosophy of Science course. You know, so you don't have to talk out of your ass so much. Ask any self respecting scientist if they believe Evolution is a fact and they will respond no. Why? BECAUSE THE NATURE OF SCIENCE IS TENTATIVE. Science is what it is because it never assumes anything to be true...even if there is irrefutable evidence to support it.

People who claim that Evolution is a fact only want to push their belief on others.

Now Reach, understand that I am an atheist, I believe in the Big Bang Theory and Evolution.

Oh, and axioms (and deductive reasoning) are the enemy of science. Nothing should ever be assumed true. Ever. Axioms are what philosopher's use to back their claims, not scientists.