View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #2736
RB_Spirit
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to RB_Spirit
Default Re: 8th Official FFR Tournament - Round 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
I don't see the greater disadvantage of doing a full-bracketed tourney compared to gauntlet. The winner of a division with 128 players could be concluded in 7 rounds this way. I remember that 2nd official by the way; it was the only tourney I had competed in before and would remain that way until the 7th official and I still remember losing to darkshark on FotBb (goddamn trills). Never did get my prize for placing 3rd or w/e it was

Anyways, it's something to think about. The only hitch would be figuring out how to seed people which would be slightly more time consuming than getting accurate division placements and since these placements alone cause an uproar it would be quite 'interesting' to see people whine about their rankings lol
Agreed, a bracket style tournament would easily be rage bait~ but Charu, i'm definitley up for it! I do like the idea, but a lot of people won't. But who cares i think it would be awesome to give it a try!(Perhaps a trial run first, then possibly depending on the outcome it could be implemented into the official tournament if people are up for it.)
RB_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote