Thread: FFR Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 03-7-2018, 03:28 AM   #2471
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Yeah, credits are a bit of a novelty at this point-- just a number to try and grind up.

Pretty much every user-hosted tournament gets a prize pool of over a million because everybody has so much excess with nothing to spend it on. I just pissed away a million in the gambling hall the other day and don't even care.

Purchased and Secret songs could probably be released from behind their respective credit walls, but only if we come up with an inventive way to spend credits instead. I have proposed that username changes in the future, if that ever happens, would cost a large sum of credits beyond the first one which I think should be free or very cheap.

On the other side, logically, an in-game currency in a rhythm game should be used to unlock songs and other purposes don't really make sense. Noteskins, client customization, etc. could have been (and perhaps still can be, but bring on the outrage) another outlet for credits, but we already have those things for free now.

Another outlet I can think of is an official* FFR user-submitted file playlist where users may submit charts they stepped of songs that FFR has permission to use to an alternate FFR playlist that is not a part of any leaderboards, but also doesn't have a rigorous and strict judging process. Submitting files to this engine/playlist would require a simple verification by a moderator and a reasonable credit fee. But again, this is kind of already done with FFRMania.

*Available by default in the Engine Playlists menu

Last edited by rushyrulz; 03-7-2018 at 03:30 AM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote